loopah's Dragon Quest VIII: Sora to Umi to Daichi to Norowareshi Himegimi (Ultimate Hits) (PlayStation 2) review

Classic, old-school RPG

Dragon Quest VIII is a great game with a neat, cute story and great combat.  The battle system is straight out of 1992, but the extras that come along with the game are amazing.  From the monster arena to the casinos to the alchemy system, there are a lot of things to do besides continue through the main storyline.  The story in and of itself is great too and very addictive.  The game's difficulty is pretty light.  The battle system is easy to learn and if you do come upon any hard parts it just takes a little leveling up and couple new spells to gain the edge.  The game is a great RPG that should be played by anyone that is a fan of the old-school style battle system and cutesy storylines.

Other reviews for Dragon Quest VIII: Sora to Umi to Daichi to Norowareshi Himegimi (Ultimate Hits) (PlayStation 2)

A great introduction to the Dragon Quest series 0

I'm not one of those people who was super-familiar with the ins and outs of the Dragon Quest series.  I vaguely recall playing Dragon Warrior on a friend's NES back when I was a little kid, but I don't remember a single thing about it other than the name.  I am, however, a big fan of Japanese RPG's of all sorts, and when it was announced that Dragon Quest VIII would see a stateside release, I was pretty intrigued.  Like I say, I didn't know much about the series except that it was pretty popular...