IGN Reviews of Dragonball Evolution (Game): 2 out of 10

#1 Edited by JJOR64 (18956 posts) -
http://psp.ign.com/articles/971/971220p1.html

This is what I had to say when I first seen the score.  Looooooooooooolz.  I thought this game was going to be decent but, I guess not.  What do you guys think?  Is this game as shitty as the up coming movie?

EDIT:  Review of.......      lol
#2 Posted by TooWalrus (13176 posts) -

Dude, no way! I had HIGH expectations for this game.

#3 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -
DF-SGT-DF said:
Cheat code:
If you hit "square" 3,456 times, then press "circle" "up" "up" "up" "down" "down" "down"
"square" (another 3,456 times), and then hit your PSP screen with a ball pin hammer exactly 3 times while eating a soft taco, you will unlock the "making of" video.

Utter crap game.
I highly suggest trying it. ;)
#4 Posted by Bucketdeth (8007 posts) -

This isn't surprising, the movie will probably rate around that score also.

#5 Posted by Kiemoe (1055 posts) -

I'd play that

#6 Posted by pause422 (6179 posts) -

Someone actually thought this was going to be good...?

#7 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11638 posts) -

This falls into the "no duh" category. Did anyone expect this game to be good at all?

#8 Posted by Calidreth (126 posts) -

Heh, this is what they call "to be expected."

#9 Edited by TooWalrus (13176 posts) -

One more thing before I head out:

The backgrounds are awesome.

#10 Posted by JJOR64 (18956 posts) -
TooWalrus said:
"One more thing before I head out:

The backgrounds are awesome.
"
Heck yeah duuuuuude!!
#11 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -
pause422 said:
"Someone actually thought this was going to be good...?"
Not to my knowledge.
#12 Posted by vidiot (2737 posts) -
"Dragonball Evolution's main Story mode just takes you through this tale, so it doesn't last long. I was able to finish it in less than two hours. Let me tell you my amazing strategy for finishing it:

Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, Square, watch the end credits.

Seriously, I finished the entire story mode using only the Square button. No directional presses, nothing. The only two exceptions to this are that I had to use X to get through the cutscenes, and one fight near the end required finishing it with an Ultimate Attack. So I just used Square the whole fight until my opponent was weak, and then pressed Up and Circle at the same time. Done. Roll credits. Keep in mind that I only lost in three battles and actually racked up S rankings (the highest) in a handful of them."

This goes without saying but: WOW! Talk about giving Big Rigs a run for it's money.
#13 Posted by Thunder (390 posts) -

lol people expected this to be good

#14 Posted by vidiot (2737 posts) -
Thunder said:
"lol people expected this to be good"
Hell no.
But I think people expected to have it actually function as a game.
#15 Posted by MrCHUP0N (246 posts) -

That structure in the background looks mighty phallic... anyway, it was this review that inspired me to try the Squarebutton  = WIN tactic before I sent my copy back to my overlords and it's totally true.

#16 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -

I thinks that's pretty generous

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.