Vanillaware's new PS3 and PS Vita title Dragon's Crown is featured in this week's Famitsu through a four page interview with director George Kamitani. Here's a bit of what's leaked out from the interview via the usual flying get suspects.
- The game's genre is "multi play belt floor 2D action RPG." I'm not sure what the "floor" is supposed to be, but I believe the "belt" means it's a beat-em-up.
- The project got its start 13 years back after Sega Saturn classic Princess Crown. It was originally planned for Dreamcast.
- Actual development did not begin until after Oboro Muramassa on Wii.
- The game will have attacks that make use of stage geography.
- There will be cooperative play elements. The game will support at most four players.
- Vanillaware is currently seeking programmers to finish work on the project.
- Kamitani says that he took the project to a number of publishers, but Ignition gave them the okay.
- Kamitani is a big fan of Golden Axe and King of Dragon, and wanted to try seeing what would happen if those games were evolved while staying 2D.
A four-player beat 'em up. By Vanillaware. For the Playstation 3.
MY EYES ARE READY.