Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon's Crown

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jul 25, 2013

From Vanillaware Ltd., developers of Muramasa: The Demon Blade and Odin Sphere, Dragon's Crown is a fantasy themed co-op beat-'em-up.

Get over it.

• 118 results
    GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

@bongos: No video game has ever been made with women or art that looks anything like Frazetta. Please. All boobs are not created equal.

1. Lots of games, from Street Fighter to Dragon's Crown, have fucking stupid idiot child drawings of women and I'll never be over it. It's dumb. If you like it, you're dumb. If you defend it, you're dumb. Did you draw it? Dumb ass!

2. Games aren't as bad as TV and Movies actually, but they have much fewer good examples.

3. Men being muscular is not equivalent. Or maybe it is. In which case lots of games, from Street Fighter to Dragon's Crown, have fucking stupid idiot child drawings of men and I'll never be over it. It's dumb. If you like it, you're dumb. If you defend it, you're dumb. Did you draw it? Dumb ass!

4. All that said big boobs/impossible frame could maybe be done in a cool stylish way but I ain't seen it yet.

5. We should still play games with bad boob representation but I always try as hard as I can to slam everyone who thinks its okay and to disparage everyone who defends it because their egos are so fragile they cannot live with the idea that any thing they like is... DUMB.

rebgav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This arguments been going on for two years?

Bitches be crazy.

Slaegar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anybody who thinks the art style is sexist is silly.

Anybody who thinks the art style is good is sillier.

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I the only one who saw the artwork for the Amazon and said "Oh look, a strong woman that actually looks strong?"

fdsavcxz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dacnomaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ALL I HEAR IS "BOOBS".

wchue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

lol this thread is so internet

DonutFever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

Can't believe the thread is this old and nobody called out Halinel for saying that nobody questioned Crash when it was released. Linky Link.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#109  Edited By Hailinel

@donutfever said:

Can't believe the thread is this old and nobody called out Halinel for saying that nobody questioned Crash when it was released. Linky Link.

I never said no one questioned or criticized Crash when it was released. I said that it was never thought of as something that was going to bring about the downfall of cinema.

Also, holy shit, responding to a post that's over two years old?

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

STOP BUMPING THIS

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#111  Edited By Undeadpool

That's the price of games being art. You get to talk about the social impact of them.

SORRY, but perhaps people who, apparently, don't want to talk about something shouldn't start forum threads about the thing they're sick of hearing about...

DonutFever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

@hailinel said:

@donutfever said:

I never said no one questioned or criticized Crash when it was released. I said that it was never thought of as something that was going to bring about the downfall of cinema.

Also, holy shit, responding to a post that's over two years old?

A: Sorry, I misread your comment. But I don't think people are saying this game will be the downfall of games, either.

B: It was more a joke over my surprise at finding out how old this thread was from the more recent comments.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@donutfever: No problem. I think part of the confusion might just stem from the age of the conversation and the context I had in mind at the time.

That's the price of games being art. You get to talk about the social impact of them.

SORRY, but perhaps people who, apparently, don't want to talk about something shouldn't start forum threads about the thing they're sick of hearing about...

You're screaming into the wind of a two-year-old thread.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#114  Edited By Undeadpool

@hailinel: HAW! So it is. Showed up in my feed as new, but I guess I should check those dates...my first point still stands, however! As does my second, to a lesser extent.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#115  Edited By Justin258

@geraltitude said:

@bongos: No video game has ever been made with women or art that looks anything like Frazetta. Please. All boobs are not created equal.

1. Lots of games, from Street Fighter to Dragon's Crown, have fucking stupid idiot child drawings of women and I'll never be over it. It's dumb. If you like it, you're dumb. If you defend it, you're dumb. Did you draw it? Dumb ass!

2. Games aren't as bad as TV and Movies actually, but they have much fewer good examples.

3. Men being muscular is not equivalent. Or maybe it is. In which case lots of games, from Street Fighter to Dragon's Crown, have fucking stupid idiot child drawings of men and I'll never be over it. It's dumb. If you like it, you're dumb. If you defend it, you're dumb. Did you draw it? Dumb ass!

4. All that said big boobs/impossible frame could maybe be done in a cool stylish way but I ain't seen it yet.

5. We should still play games with bad boob representation but I always try as hard as I can to slam everyone who thinks its okay and to disparage everyone who defends it because their egos are so fragile they cannot live with the idea that any thing they like is... DUMB.

Um... I don't particularly like this art style but I'll say that it isn't dumb to have cartoonishly oversized people. Have you fucking seen the Amazon? The Sorceress's boobs are not out of line with the rest of the game.

Meanwhile, I want you to note that this and Street Fighter and Gears of War and everything that has characters with impossible physiques are all fantasy. Make-believe. Not real. Pretend. Fantasy is anything you want it to be, and if you want it to be people with impossible physiques, well, what's wrong with that?

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

It's video games. They're naturally unrealistic.

shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hahaha why is this 2 year old thread in the recent forum activities?

God damn this game is getting a lot of attention. At this rate Vanillaware should put a gnome with huge flopping dicks into Grand Knights History and bring it over. Will sell millions!

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

@geraltitude said:

Um... I don't particularly like this art style but I'll say that it isn't dumb to have cartoonishly oversized people. Have you fucking seen the Amazon? The Sorceress's boobs are not out of line with the rest of the game.

Meanwhile, I want you to note that this and Street Fighter and Gears of War and everything that has characters with impossible physiques are all fantasy. Make-believe. Not real. Pretend. Fantasy is anything you want it to be, and if you want it to be people with impossible physiques, well, what's wrong with that?

LOL

Believer I can't believe how sane and calm your post is compared to mine which reads like a bad dream at this point. Seriously, I'm sorry you ever had to read that. Hahaha. Don't know what came over me that day.

You're totally right about cartoonish proportions being A-OK. I don't mind unrealistic stuff like that at all. I just don't like how 99% percent of (for example) Street Fighter women are "hot babes" who are never dressed/we can always see up their skirts. There are other kinds of unrealistic, right? It doesn't have to be like that all time. And again, it's not just that *one* game has these proportions (Dragon's Crown) but just that so many do. It gets tiring. To use a weird example, it's a bit like racism. One racist joke doesn't hurt my feelings. But having to hear it constantly for 20+ years gets exhausting and frustrating. If we only had a few games with women with massive boobs and tiny waists that'd be one thing, but games are just like TV at this point. (Usually) everyone is thin, white and super good looking. To make one more weird comparison, look at The Sopranos vs. uh... 90210 or anything on the CW. The Sopranos has actual strippers as well as other "hot babe" women. But then there are regular peeps. No one on the CW is supposed to look "regular".

To use fantasy again... FFVIII. Quistis and Rinoa and Selphie are remarkably normal looking/dressed (most of the time) compared to many other RPGs of today and they're still not realistic.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.