Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon's Crown

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jul 25, 2013

From Vanillaware Ltd., developers of Muramasa: The Demon Blade and Odin Sphere, Dragon's Crown is a fantasy themed co-op beat-'em-up.

Online MP unlock required for each character.

megabite10164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

So what plenty of people have stated about this game is how it requires you to unlock the online multiplayer. That sucks but it's understandable to ensure you know what you are doing before you go play with strangers and ruin their run. It takes about 2-4 hours to speed run to MP if that's what you want to do. You get it after finishing the dungeon with the beholder.

The WORST part about this game is that you have to do it with each character you make. If you want to play a different class with friends online you have to spend about 3 hours with it at minimum to get it online. This was very infuriating to discover and it is not something that many people have been pointing out.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It's easier with subsequent characters simply because you'll have more money, then you did with your starter, and you can have them roll with over powered allies. My level 10 Elf is grouping up with like level 20 something A.I. companions and it makes the levels a breeze. Definitely see how it's bothersome though.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

In my day it took 3 hours to hook up lan and another 3 to troubleshoot the ip addresses every time you waned to play empire earth in the same room.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

@dagbiker said:

In my day it took 3 hours to hook up lan and another 3 to troubleshoot the ip addresses every time you waned to play empire earth in the same room.

I hear you. I think one of my first online multiplayer gaming experiences was half a game of Army Men using the awful HEAT Game Network.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Hunkulese

So what plenty of people have stated about this game is how it requires you to unlock the online multiplayer. That sucks but it's understandable to ensure you know what you are doing before you go play with strangers and ruin their run. It takes about 2-4 hours to speed run to MP if that's what you want to do. You get it after finishing the dungeon with the beholder.

The WORST part about this game is that you have to do it with each character you make. If you want to play a different class with friends online you have to spend about 3 hours with it at minimum to get it online. This was very infuriating to discover and it is not something that many people have been pointing out.

If it takes 2-4 hours to speed run to MP, how does it take a minimum of 3 hours?

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@dagbiker: Empire Earth? The hell is this new bullshit; Duke Nukem 3D motherfucker.

megabite10164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

@hunkulese: Odds are it's going to be 3 hours. If you have the right class and skill level you might be able to do it in 2, but if this is the first time you play a specific class you probably won't be able to do it in less then 3.

TimothyWessel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By TimothyWessel

Crap crap crap, I was able to unlock multiplayer on my main character, but I was at work and in flight mode...I hit no on activating ad-hoc and online multiplayer... is there anyway to say Yes afterwards??? CRAP

IroN1c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just press start and say "Go Online"? (in the Stables or Gate area, depending on your progress and how you want to play)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.