Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon's Crown

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jul 25, 2013

From Vanillaware Ltd., developers of Muramasa: The Demon Blade and Odin Sphere, Dragon's Crown is a fantasy themed co-op beat-'em-up.

The reviews are coming in.

bemusedchunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Fuck the haters.

This game is going to be the tits.

Literally.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I wish more games had scantily clad females because I'm a chauvinist and pervert. This probably explains why I enjoyed Tomb Raider so much this year.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#303  Edited By JasonR86

@seppli said:

@jasonr86 said:

@darji:

A review score reflects one's opinion. They can not be separated.

That's why god invented panel reviews. You know, so a panel of people reviews a game, and not an individual.

So there are several individual opinions coming together to create one big opinion. The point being, whether it's one person or a million people doing the review, opinion and review are practically the same thing.

largo6661

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#304  Edited By largo6661

@kishinfoulux: Yeah ENB's review is very good. He gives the best most robust breakdown of the game.

ervonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#305  Edited By ervonymous

Totalbiscuit posted a video about her review and his own views on the matter, if you're so inclined. Both are fine, them being opinions and all.

Loading Video...

The Vita version slowdowns are lame, took me four hours to reach a brawl big enough to see it and I cringed. Repetition is to be expected of a brawler, a fair criticism I never see about Diablo-derivative games.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

@supamon said:

@theht said:

@supamon said:

I get the sense that the Polygon reviewer has never played a brawler before and is more focused on the art style and it's depiction of women. Consumers look up reviews to see if it's a good/fun game or not, they can judge the art style for themselves with their own eyes. So much for objectivity.

Video games aren't appliances. Subjectivity is very much a part of their reviews. How else would goodness/fun be determined?

How about how are the controls? How deep is the combat/combo system? How varied is the levels and characters? Are the enemies interesting/fun to fight against? I didn't say there shouldn't be any subjectivity but in the review it mostly focused on the art style. It was like saying "Dust: an elysian tail is a poor game because the art style is furries".

There's a line at the start, a section at the end, and maybe a line or two in the middle on the depiction of women. The rest focuses on most of those other things you consider objective.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#307  Edited By ajamafalous

Good to see the whole "flame the reviewer who didn't like the game I like" act is still a thing we're doing.

You people are a fucking joke. Get over it.

Andtheworld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love how even though all this drama is happening, Vanillaware is enjoying a commercial and critical success and will probably pay very little to no attention to criticism (they're Japanese devs, after all). I, personally, can't wait to get this game and play it with friends.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
    deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still to this day don't know how big breasts in games can be offensive to anyone. It's a silly world we live in. If the game is too sexual, then just don't let small kid play it, same with violence of course.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@ninessc2 said:

I still to this day don't know how big breasts in games can be offensive to anyone. It's a silly world we live in. If the game is too sexual, then just don't let small kid play it, same with violence of course.

People like to feel outraged on behalf of others. It happens everywhere unfortunately.

Svenzon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

@golguin said:

@ninessc2 said:

People like to feel outraged on behalf of others. It happens everywhere unfortunately.

Or (if you're like me) maybe you're sick of game makers behaving like horny teenagers/lonely nerds and want them to grow up? I don't necessarily find stuff like the Sorceress offensive. I do think it's really goddamn immature and it got old a long time ago, however. Everyday you get people whining about how video games aren't taken seriously, but how will they ever be if stuff like this keeps happening?

Kinda surprised about one thing: I've read several reviews of the game, but none of them mention how you can grope NPCs with the pointer. Now that is just gross, especially when you can do it a woman who's been shackled.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@svenzon: So because their output isn't as mature as you personally want, that makes them horny teenagers or lonely nerds?

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@svenzon said:

@golguin said:

@ninessc2 said:

Or (if you're like me) maybe you're sick of game makers behaving like horny teenagers/lonely nerds and want them to grow up? I don't necessarily find stuff like the Sorceress offensive. I do think it's really goddamn immature and it got old a long time ago, however. Everyday you get people whining about how video games aren't taken seriously, but how will they ever be if stuff like this keeps happening?

Kinda surprised about one thing: I've read several reviews of the game, but none of them mention how you can grope NPCs with the pointer. Now that is just gross, especially when you can do it a woman who's been shackled.

I typically don't even care about these "sexism" issues in gaming but If that's a real thing in the game then I agree with this guy completely, why would that be in the game at all?

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
    alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315  Edited By alwaysbebombing

May I address a question? This reviewer had a problem with the game because the women had large breasts? I don't understand why that's a problem, could someone elaborate for me?

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So we need a PSN exchange topic or something. Doesn't someone usually make one of those? I thought about it, but I'm horrible of keeping track of that sort of thing and would fuck it all up. Would love to play with everyone who's getting the game.

Disaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317  Edited By Disaya
    No Caption Provided

I don't have much interest in this game and the art style isn't my thing mainly because everyone in it looks wrong and weird, I didn't mind it that much until I saw this, this is pretty gross. Those hips spikes are the worst and those legs look like they're gonna explode.

EDIT:*As others have mentioned, this is not an official figure but fan made I believe. Didn't find that out until a bit after I posted,sorry.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Disaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319  Edited By Disaya

@darji said:

@disaya: but how is this sexist XD

Oh I wasn't saying anything about it being sexist, I just think it's gross because the anatomy is so ugh, this goes for other characters in the game as well-male and female. Sorry wasn't really making a comment on the sexism discussion, just saying her body feels so deformed and that level of exaggeration isn't my thing. :/

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@disaya: I was not really implying it but most people just find it gross because it is sexist to them. And I totally agree. All characters in this game are looking terrible except maybe the archer girl

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@disaya said:
    No Caption Provided

I don't have much interest in this game and the art style isn't my thing mainly because everyone in it looks wrong and weird, I didn't mind it that much until I saw this, this is pretty gross. Those hips spikes are the worst and those legs look like they're gonna explode.

Jesus Christ, she needs to go to the hospital! She looks like she's just spent quite a bit of time on the Manhattan Project wearing nothing but that bikini. And not to mention the shrunken head syndrome. Lady, take the insurance risk and get help. Please. For your family.

Genfuyung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322  Edited By Genfuyung

@disaya said:
    No Caption Provided

Probably worth pointing out that that's a garage kit and not an official figure.

Disaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@genfuyung: Yeah I didn't find that out until just a few minutes ago. Still not a fan of the official figure but it's not as bad as this one.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@disaya said:
    No Caption Provided

Jesus Christ, she needs to go to the hospital! She looks like she's just spent quite a bit of time on the Manhattan Project wearing nothing but that bikini. And not to mention the shrunken head syndrome. Lady, take the insurance risk and get help. Please. For your family.

Here's one of the actual official figures.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mariachimacabre said:

@disaya said:
    No Caption Provided

Here's one of the actual official figures.

No Caption Provided

That's definitely not as bad but I still really dislike the artstyle of this game. Exagerated features just never does it for me. It's why I hate the Road Rash art style so very much.

TERRIBLE. And it was everywhere in the 90s. Gross.

GooieGreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I have a review copy. Yes, the Amazon has insane legs and the Witch has insane boobs. There are also a fair amount of bizzare men in the game too. The only normal looking characters are the Elf and the Wizard (amounts playable characters) and there are a fair amount of NPCs that aren't nuts, too.

It seems balanced, but the art direction is far from perfect in that respect. Honestly, if you don't like the art style, then don't play it. Personally, I don't care; it can be amusing as this game is kinda weird to begin with. For those of you that care, please feel free to buy it on PS3 and play with some friends via Couch Co-op.

Wampa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327  Edited By Wampa1

@mariachimacabre: Yep, I could care less about the sexist debate but that kind of hyper exaggerated art style just looks completely disgusting on men & women. It's strange that's two brawlers I don't want to play now due to art style alone (Charlie Murders stick-figure flash being the other)

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

My new favorite comic.

No Caption Provided

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos: matsu-sensei has done a lot of good dragon's crown art

No Caption Provided

shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to like Polygon, I really do. But between this and Ni No Kuni getting 6.5s and that Last of Us lowball it's kind of hard for me to take them seriously. They're allowed their own opinions, but if these opinions are so incredibly rare are they really of any value to most people?

I wonder how this person would've rated Bayonetta, how many people she would've scared off that amazing game.

I really don't want to be "that guy" but between seeing the games you listed and knowing how polygon came about.........Do they actually have a bias against ps3 exclusive? In the same vain they gave Halo 4/gears 9.5/8.0 respectively and those games were not good. If no one else see what I might be seeing flame me I guess?

Avatar image for deactivated-629f1111f1060
    deactivated-629f1111f1060

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guys, you should really disregard this comment. I'm pretty much a feminist.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.