Corrupted Game Saves?

#1 Posted by Rmack (1075 posts) -

I was planning on buying this game today, but now I'm not so sure...

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/123647-Dragons-Dogma-Update-Corrupting-Players-Save-Data

The latest patch has apparently been corrupting player's save data, making it impossible for affected persons to save or load their games. If your data is corrupted there is currently no way to recover it.

So, say I want to buy this game from the Playstation Store. Won't it update automatically and therefore my saves will be corrupted?

I'm so confused :(

#2 Posted by BleedingStarX (279 posts) -

From what I've read its not a case of "down load this game and it'll corrupt your save", there seems to be a chance of it doing so. Someone I work with has put around 20 hours into it since DA came out and his save is fine. Either way, I'm holding off on getting into the game until they fix this bug.

Obviously downloading it off the PSN will download the current version, which at this time has a chance of corrupting your data.

#3 Edited by Rmack (1075 posts) -

From what I've read its not a case of "down load this game and it'll corrupt your save", there seems to be a chance of it doing so. Someone I work with has put around 20 hours into it since DA came out and his save is fine. Either way, I'm holding off on getting into the game until they fix this bug.

Obviously downloading it off the PSN will download the current version, which at this time has a chance of corrupting your data.

I guess I'll probably wait til I'm done with my work and head down to Gamestop and just play the game offline. Pity there's such a big issue right now.

#4 Posted by Questionable (619 posts) -

This only affects imported saves if that matters anything in your situation.

#5 Posted by Rmack (1075 posts) -

This only affects imported saves if that matters anything in your situation.

Hmm. Well, I thought about using my save from the PS3 version. I didn't get very far but I heard you get fast travel crystals easier this way?

#6 Posted by Demoskinos (14563 posts) -

Yeah, there have been no other patches since launch and on launch day there were many stories of people importing saves and shit busting. Someone on here actually made a topic about that last week. If you're creating a new save you should be fine. I created a new save and have 50 hours in so far with no problems other than the FANTASTIC frame rate dips in places.

#7 Posted by BleedingStarX (279 posts) -

Sorry to hijack the thread, but they say they gave people who import a save infinite "fast travel" crystals to fix the games terrible FT system. So if I start a new game am I stuck with the poor FT system, or are the crystals just infinitely easier to find to a degree I would never need to worry about it?

#8 Posted by jimmyfenix (3829 posts) -

Sorry to hijack the thread, but they say they gave people who import a save infinite "fast travel" crystals to fix the games terrible FT system. So if I start a new game am I stuck with the poor FT system, or are the crystals just infinitely easier to find to a degree I would never need to worry about it?

i think they fixed the FT system overall . apparently they have FT systems in all major town and cities so if you start a new game you would need to find or buy crystals which can be a grind

#9 Posted by Demoskinos (14563 posts) -

@bleedingstarx: Assuming your familiar with the fast travel system they added a port crystal outside the starting town now that is permanant. You also will get multiple port crystals over the course of the game. The ferrystones are exceptionally less expensive as well now. The Black Cat sells them for 2000 and Fornival will sell them for 1000 (albeit he only ever has a small supply at any one time). You can get around much faster overall.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.