Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Apr 23, 2013

A re-release of Dragon's Dogma, Dark Arisen includes a new high level area with new monsters and quests from the original, as well as a handful of refinements to the original game.

So, I think this might be my surprise GOTY.

• 54 results
    Guesty_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I just recently finish playing Dragons Dogma - DD myself (main game, not bitterblack) and while I enjoye my time with it for the most part, the game is very up and down.

There are parts of the game I think are bad; the voice acting, the inventory stuff, the uninspired characters, world and story thread, the presentation as a whole, the quests/quest log to name but a few.

But there are also a few things that the game does that I think a lot of other games could take cues from. The party system - why don't more games have party's????!!! The combat - amongst the best I've played, the interaction with larger monsters brilliant. The pawn system - absolute genius. Having your pawn learn things by questin with other users is great, and I know a lot of people dislike the repetitive nature of what the pawns yell out, I actually really liked it, they often would provide me with relevant information regarding the quest/enemy I was dealing with. I would definatly love I see this whole pawn idea expanded on and even implemented into other games.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Zeik

@gtcknight said:

@zeik: Thanks now I will get it.

I started my second playthrough after I beat the game, but all the enemies were just so dam weak that I got bored. I've been wanting to feel some sense of challenge or danger again.

Bitterblack Island will definitely give you a challenge. Even at Lv 100+ the enemies in the latter parts can kick your ass. You could also bump it up to hard so they can really kick your ass.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By pweidman

I really liked DD vanilla, but I absolutely loved the DA content. A brilliant expansion(complete game rerelease)that also makes the vanilla portion much less tedious. And if want a challenge in your arpg this is your content. Even at lvl 200 w/2 lvl 200 pawns, you will run for your life in the Fallen City right before Damien. Just crazy and exhilarating stuff. Reminded me so much of Dark Souls...and in a very good way. Can't recommend the second version with the DA expansion enough. GOTY? Honestly haven't played anything better this year.

MithrilMojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By MithrilMojo

Just got back into this this week. I keep thinking there's something I'm forgetting in the combat. When your pawns hold someone and call for you, is there a special attack you should employ? Or just wail away? I

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@mithrilmojo: Just run up on them and wail on the enemy. Not too sure about the damage increase, but it's pretty significant.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.