Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Apr 23, 2013

A re-release of Dragon's Dogma, Dark Arisen includes a new high level area with new monsters and quests from the original, as well as a handful of refinements to the original game.

Warning! Before you start playing, Backup Your Saves

mesoian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By mesoian
    No Caption Provided

A lot of reports are coming in from people who got the game today that importing their DD save to DD:AR is corrupting and deleting saves. Make sure you back up your save before you import.

No Caption Provided

Also, there's a question of whether or not the promised DLC is actually in this game. People have found a bunch of DLC quests, but not items or armor. More on that as it develops.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 25

#2  Edited By StarvingGamer

Aiya! Thanks for the heads up.

darkvare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

is this issue only affecting character transfers?

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

@mesoian said:
    No Caption Provided

A lot of reports are coming in from people who got the game today that importing their DD save to DD:AR is corrupting and deleting saves. Make sure you back up your save before you import.

No Caption Provided

Also, there's a question of whether or not the promised DLC is actually in this game. People have found a bunch of DLC quests, but not items or armor. More on that as it develops.

Ya ive seen reports of the DLC items not being there.

Egg0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does this affect first time DD players like myself? I bought it today and have just started the main game.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@egg0 said:

Does this affect first time DD players like myself? I bought it today and have just started the main game.

It only effects imports as he said.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mesoian yup. Threads are showing up on the Capcom forums about no one is able to find the DLC.

Questionable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Aye, i will be deleting the save/characters i created using the demo of the original game just to be on the save side. Can never be too careful about these things.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

About the DLC I've heard reports that the DLC weapons are accessible through the Black Cat after you get access to it.

nonused

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By nonused

@questionable said:

Aye, i will be deleting the save/characters i created using the demo of the original game just to be on the save side.

I see what you did there.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

About the DLC I've heard reports that the DLC weapons are accessible through the Black Cat after you get access to it.

Ive heard that you can find them in the new DLC area.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

New trophy/achievements ?

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ive heard conflicting reports. Someone who has the PS3 version says a patch added new trophies. Everyone else says no. Capcom has made no comment.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Karkarov

If you mean the new dlc area it is tricky. First I think you have to be at end game, possibly... at least I sure as hell hope so considering I have run into stuff that was hard for my level 120 to beat. Point is you go to cassardis.... then you leave cassardis. A little movie will play. You go where the movie happens and then you can get to the dlc area.

As for "new items" yes, they are there. I have already found a number of new items. I also got some crappy dlc/bonus armor I will never use.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karkarov: I just read on capcom-unity that you can go to the new area at the very start of the game. They said there is a ferry in cassardis that will take you there from the start. Or is this because they imported?

I wont have my copy until tomorrow.

And anyone else on here have an issue with the save importing?

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabidcentipede said:

Ive heard conflicting reports. Someone who has the PS3 version says a patch added new trophies. Everyone else says no. Capcom has made no comment.

I am normally not a hunter of either, but I was hoping there was for this game. I guess I'll find out for myself tomorrow.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@the_laughing_man said:

@rabidcentipede said:

I am normally not a hunter of either, but I was hoping there was for this game. I guess I'll find out for myself tomorrow.

I can confirm no. I just loaded up the trophy set and they changed the name of the trophy set to "Dark Arisen" but other than that no... nothing.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Karkarov

@demoskinos said:

@rabidcentipede said:

@the_laughing_man said:

@rabidcentipede said:

I can confirm no. I just loaded up the trophy set and they changed the name of the trophy set to "Dark Arisen" but other than that no... nothing.

Damn, well I hope it scales. I seriously wouldn't advise going there at low level if everyone fights what I have had to. The regular enemies aren't too terrible just end game everfall stuff. But fighting a zombie dragon and a armored cyclops that makes the ur dragon look short at the same time? Maybe a little too tough for level 20's. OOPS! I quoted the wrong one. Oh well they still saw it!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.