4 Player Co-op petition now up!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by clawclawbite (3 posts) -

Hi Guys

A petition for the attention of Capcom has just been started at change.org for the future inclusion of 4 player co-op in Dragons Dogma.

So many people are sad that its not been included when the game is crying out for such an option.

Heres the link: http://www.change.org/petitions/capc...-dragons-dogma

Do your bit and sign it!

Thanks for your time.

Take care.

#2 Posted by Brodehouse (10131 posts) -

That'll work. It's not like that would require a complete overhaul of the basic game architecture. Oh wait.

#3 Posted by Quarters (1883 posts) -

No way this will happen. And honestly, after playing the demo, I'm okay with that. The use of NPCs is actually pretty interesting. Very interesting in the final game now.

#4 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

I don't get why people were expecting this to happen. Nobody put that kind of demand on Bethesda when Skyrim was released.

And yes, I know Capcom has a lot more talented programmers, but they aren't wizards who can summon that kind of thing up in a month.

#5 Posted by Bocam (3826 posts) -

No, fuck you.

#6 Posted by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -

Co-Op is unnecessary and internet petitions are stupid.

#7 Posted by Marz (5672 posts) -

lol, good luck.... this game is less than a month away and probably already being printed to disc.  

#8 Posted by Karkarov (3286 posts) -

For christ sake I wish someone would find out who first had the idea of a petition demanding some whacked out change that makes no sense, build a time machine, go back into the past, and kill them before they could do it. Next will come a petition demanding a pc version on the same day as the release of the console games.

#9 Posted by Skooky (479 posts) -
@Karkarov said:

For christ sake I wish someone would find out who first had the idea of a petition demanding some whacked out change that makes no sense, build a time machine, go back into the past, and kill them before they could do it.

You have a better chance of making that happen than this petition succeeding.
#10 Posted by Karkarov (3286 posts) -

@Skooky said:

@Karkarov said:

For christ sake I wish someone would find out who first had the idea of a petition demanding some whacked out change that makes no sense, build a time machine, go back into the past, and kill them before they could do it.

You have a better chance of making that happen than this petition succeeding.

Good point! *goes off to start on the blueprint*

#11 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
#12 Posted by Ketchupp (668 posts) -

Yeah! There's always DLC...

#13 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

Haha, oh people and their petitions.

#14 Posted by Bell_End (1203 posts) -

so this is the way it is now. whenever anyone wants something in a game its a fuckin petition.

#15 Posted by clawclawbite (3 posts) -

Thanks for responses.

It is suggested on the petition and by many people on other gaming forums that such an option could be added as a downloadable option. Its completely unrealistic to think that it would be added before launch.

Karkorov, you make some very illuminating and unnecessarily aggressive points. Not taking into consideration the difficulty of adding this feature from a technical standpoint which I agree might pose a problem for Capcom you make the point that 4 player co-op in an open world adventure role playing game that already has the player journeying with 3 other A.I controlled companions and captures that fantastic vibrant D&D inspired group dynamic so well would be a 'whacked out change that makes no sense'

For me and a lot of people i know personally and through forum correspondence Co-op makes absolutely perfect sense in this game

#16 Edited by UlquioKani (1195 posts) -

1 Month. You are asking the developers to put in a huge feature a month before release. They are going to have to push back the game a bunch

Also, after playing the demo, I don't think it's missing anything by not having it there. This ain't a borderlands situation.

#17 Posted by laserbolts (5368 posts) -

Yay a petition!

#18 Posted by ShaggE (6714 posts) -

*long, drawn out sigh*

#19 Posted by david3cm (636 posts) -

I would be much happier if instead of patching in co-op they patched in better graphics and more fun gameplay, but thats just me.

#20 Posted by Gargantuan (1887 posts) -

There's thing just for people that want open world co-op RPGs. It's called MMORPG.

#21 Posted by clawclawbite (3 posts) -

Oh I don't know rebgav..I've got an 18 wisdom....+4 on saves vs Charm but you can try :)

#22 Posted by Trace (3577 posts) -

Given that this petition is being spammed on multiple sites, I see no reason for this thread to continue. We'd rather you not join Giant Bomb simply to advertise or, more specifically in this case, plug a petition link. Thanks!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.