Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon's Dogma

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released May 22, 2012

Capcom makes an ambitious undertaking with this 2012 Open World Action-RPG.

Any suggestions for final boss fight?

Avatar image for dragonriderichigo
    DragonRiderIchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DragonRiderIchigo

I'm at level 60 right now. I started as a ranger(almost maxed it out), then moved to magick archer(maxed it out), now i'm a mystic knight(almost maxed out). I have the best weapons and armor i can find right now(only one or two armor dont have 3 stars or dragonforging) and the game is getting boring and i want everfall action. Should i grind to 70 or just give it a good old college try?

Natedogg2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Natedogg2

If you're getting bored with the game, just finish it. Don't feel like you have to hit the max level cap in order to "finish" the game.

DragonRiderIchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DragonRiderIchigo

I'd also like to know how far into the tainted mountain i can go before i get caught in the boss battle cause i ventured a little bit and there is way better farming there with little journeying.

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By The_Ruiner

wait...have you not even fought the Dragon yet?...

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By GunstarRed

I killed the Dragon at 42 as a Ranger. It's bigger but as long as you know how to take the dragons/drakes/whatever down it's easy. Shoot it in the heart with 10 arrows stab it while it's down.

Totori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Totori

the dragon is not the final boss

DragonRiderIchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DragonRiderIchigo

No i havent fought the dragon yet but ive killed about 10 drakes... what can i say i like to do all the quests i can first. I can kill a chimera in about 30-45 seconds and the black chimera just went in about 90 seconds. I like to make the boss battles easy.

GTCknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By GTCknight
    Gravier251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Gravier251

With me as an assassin I pretty much just on the final main part of the fight jumped onto it and clambered to a spot it couldn't really shake me off (think it may have been at the base of it's wing) then just spammed hundred kisses with my daggers over and over while drinking those items that stop stamina from falling. Had about 6 of them So I just spent almost the whole fight just safely clung to it slashing thousands of times over till it was pretty much dead. You can use hundred kisses while clinging to something and with those potions it does not consume stamina, nor does clinging to the creature so you can just go wild with spamming skills like that.

If survival is an issue you could always pay to unlock the warrior and sorcerer professions, at the first level of them they have an augment to get that greatly reduces physical damage and magic damage respectively.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Karkarov

@GTCknight said:

@DragonRiderIchigo: Yeah, its pretty much like everyone else has already said. Grigori is not the last boss in the game.

After you fight Grigori you will enter the post-game.

Uh Grigori? Pretty sure no one ever calls him anything other than... The Dragon. Maybe this is talked about in some obscure side quest I missed?

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By Tennmuerti

@Karkarov: The cultist guy calls him that, also i think the dragon himself mutters the name when he is doing voodo with your heart

GTCknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By GTCknight

@Karkarov: That is his name. Both the Elysion and The Dragon say this. It's the Dragon's name.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Karkarov

@GTCknight said:

@Karkarov: That is his name. Both the Elysion and The Dragon say this. It's the Dragon's name.

I don't really worry much about what Elysion says considering the Dragon's general attitude about him. Maybe it is just more some weird cultist name like a title for referring to Dragon's. I find it hard to believe Elysion would know the Dragons "real" name, much less that the Dragon would tell you considering his goals.

GTCknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By GTCknight

@Karkarov: The Dragon refers to himself as Grigori.

All of the dragon's were once an arisen, each one failed to defeat the Seneschal.

Every dragon in the game speak either Latin or English and they are ancient beings. In fact one Wyrm in the post-game refers to you as a "fellow countryman". The game does have a deep lore to it but, it's not going to slam it in your face like more western games do now days. You actually have to pay attention to what your Pawns tell you about things and take a real hard look at your surroundings.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Karkarov

@GTCknight said:

@Karkarov: The Dragon refers to himself as Grigori.

All of the dragon's were once an arisen, each one failed to defeat the Seneschal.

Every dragon in the game speak either Latin or English and they are ancient beings. In fact one Wyrm in the post-game refers to you as a "fellow countryman". The game does have a deep lore to it but, it's not going to slam it in your face like more western games do now days. You actually have to pay attention to what your Pawns tell you about things and take a real hard look at your surroundings.

*shrugs* I already knew your spoiler and trust me when I say I am playing plenty of attention. The fact that the ending did not surprise me should be a tip that I got the overall gist of it. The title of the game is "Dragon's Doctrine" after all if you want to read for meaning. Doctrine also being able to be filtered down to "lesson" or "teaching". So the games title is literally telling you the Dragon is trying to teach you something and more than likely isn't even really your enemy. I knew that much before I even removed the shrink wrap.

I still say that isn't his name though because Elysion uses it. Why would he know what the dragons "real name" is when the Dragon very blatantly has no respect for the guy and thinks he is an idiot. I guess I will have to go through my film and find specifically where the dragon refers to himself that way. Also there is a minor problem in that I know I have heard the word "Grigori" used before as an actual title referring to a organization or type of job/entity.

So after some research I found this interesting little article that references some stuff in the bible insinuating that "Grigori" are a type of angel sometimes called "Watchers" that God sent down to watch and guide humanity onto the correct course. What a coincidence. Especially when you consider Satan one of the original top angels is constantly depicted in biblical myth as... you guessed it. A Dragon. Meanwhile the Dragon is sent by the Senechal and what is his closest biblical match.... God, they guy who sent the Grigori to earth. Coincidence seeming pretty unlikely here.

Now are you 100% sure that the dragon itself says "My name is Grigori" and it isn't just some title he is using to refer to himself? Regardless even if it was being used in a name sense it is just a vague hint to what his real purpose is.

By the way if you think I am full of shit on what the "Grigori" are have a link.

GTCknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By GTCknight

@Karkarov: I already know about all of that. So lets not waste each others time on something like that.

GTCknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By GTCknight

@Karkarov: I already took a little bit of a look back myself. From what I've seen it seems to be a bit of a 50/50 split. However, more people (albeit the ones who shouldn't know it anyway) refer to him as The Dragon. On the other hand, why would the Elysion name him Grigori? I mean their cult believed that the dragon's fire would cleanse the world. To that cult the dragon was god.

I've never cared about this little argument, after all both parties are right.

TheTruth99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karkarov: Shrug all you want--The Dragon's name is Grigori. You seem like the type who might need the last word, though, so have at it.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@thetruth99:

Wow, nice necro of a 13 month old thread, w/that post as your first. Great start new guy.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karkarov: Shrug all you want--The Dragon's name is Grigori. You seem like the type who might need the last word, though, so have at it.

................ I posted that over a year ago why are you even bringing it up? I have better things to do than dredge up year old debates. Feel free to believe whatever you want.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.