Anybody have a tip for beating the lich in the chamber of fate.

#1 Edited by DragonRiderIchigo (11 posts) -

I've tried about four times now to kill that GD MOFO and no luck yet. I just seem to end up getting knocked on the ground by chimera then get dragged around by hellhounds all over the F*ing place until all my pawns are dead. Rather that trying to run around the 2 black chimera and 4 or so hellhounds to aid them i just rum to the door and leave. By the way all my pawns seem to do is stand next to each other and get gang banged by monsters, is there anyway to command them individually like in Dragon Age 2.

#2 Posted by Mesoian (1574 posts) -

Ah, that was a fun one. That fight took me about 30 minutes.

I didn't worry about the Lich at first. The room is small enough that eventually the chimeras will pull aggro on the hell hounds. During that point, you can go after the Lich or join in doing damage to the chimera. Your pawns will serve as bait until the very end. My sorcerer pulled in a few extra hits by somehow managing to have enough time to cast high malestrom once or twice, but beyond that, you'll be using them as a distraction. You'll need to focus on keeping yourself alive and keeping your characters from timing out in the down position.

#3 Posted by drag (1223 posts) -

that's the only chamber I just decided to leave as well, so i don't know. it's really easy to get overwhelmed by everything. i guess change your class if you really want to kill everything, lich are weak to holy so have that enchant if possible on a ranged class ... or just use mystic knight and destroy everything in about 5 seconds.

#4 Posted by Morrow (1829 posts) -

@drag said:

use mystic knight and destroy everything in about 5 seconds.

Huh? What did I miss? How?? 0_0

#5 Posted by drag (1223 posts) -

@Morrow said:

@drag said:

Just ... be a mystic knight? Holy enchant through your shield, lay a sigil down and as many canons as you'd like to risk, then wail on them all with the antler toss move. A billion enchanted homing missiles fly out and that should deal with the lich at least. Hounds will get knocked away by the sigil, only problem is if the chimera decide to attack you. They'll take a massive amount of damage by getting into the sigil and your line of fire but still might stop you working the canons.

#6 Posted by Tennmuerti (8173 posts) -
@DragonRiderIchigo

Heh, yea i think that's the single toughest fight in the game. Even Ur is just long, this one is actually dangerous when you don't have the gear/skills/setup.

First of all get a holy damage buff or a holy weapon, then depending on your class you can try to focus fire the lich asap as soon as he spawns, thus preventing constant hellhound summons. A ranger can use 10 shot arrows for example to quickly wipe out the lich, the assassin the 5 shot arrow or Lycan, Mystic Knight can just put down 2-3 grand cannons and spam the shit out of them, Fighter has them one huge damage move that can be combo'd with reduced knockback that can allow you to pull it off and kill of the chineras at least etc... use the big guns basically. The only classes i can see having major issues are mages due to cast time and having not played them much myself. But if i were to theorise a sorcerer could get off an earthquake with the knockback resist skill when casting, and everyone but the lich is on the ground, so that should give breathing room for further spells. If you lack a ranged killing move go for the weakest chimera first to aat least stop it's casts it's only a standard one and can be killed quickly.

@Morrow said:

@drag said:

With a weapon from Ur, MK can even forget about defenses and just put down the Grand Cannons as soon as enemies appear, spamming the wrilwind move on a couple can clear the room quite fast.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.