Capcom is going to get some money from me this march.

#1 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -

Operation Racoon city and Dragons Dogma both come out in march, a week apart from each other. 
I'm super interested in both of them and have seen lots of gameplay from both. They both actually look really good, but I'm leaning towards dragons dogma. Slant 6 kinda poisons the whole deal. I don't know I might get both, all I know is Capcom is going to get some money from me this march.

#2 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -

  

#3 Posted by WarlockEngineerMoreDakka (432 posts) -

I'm kinda interested in it... Still taking a 'wait and see' mindset on it though.

What I've seen certainly doesn't look bad... The allied AI seems to be at least competent, and the combat seems to have some variety to it/doesn't look completely mindless.

..... But the constant chatter from the allied AI looks like it could get annoying. :P

#4 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -
@WarlockEngineerMoreDakka said:

I'm kinda interested in it... Still taking a 'wait and see' mindset on it though.

What I've seen certainly doesn't look bad... The allied AI seems to be at least competent, and the combat seems to have some variety to it/doesn't look completely mindless.

..... But the constant chatter from the allied AI looks like it could get annoying. :P

that is true they might both be compete crap in the end
#5 Posted by CaptainTightPants (2834 posts) -

What is the largest monster or enemy they have shown? That grabbing mechanic is drawing me in the most, and if they give you a bunch of great boss encounters with some epic sized enemies ( Like Shadow of The Colossus) that would be great.

#6 Posted by xyzygy (9637 posts) -

Me too, except I'm just getting Dragon's Dogma. It looks absolutely fantastic. Reminds me of the mechanics of souls games but with a universe more like Elder Scrolls.

#7 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -
@Resident4t said:

What is the largest monster or enemy they have shown? That grabbing mechanic is drawing me in the most, and if they give you a bunch of great boss encounters with some epic sized enemies ( Like Shadow of The Colossus) that would be great.

I saw a video of a guy fighting a dragon. It looked about the size of the ones in skyrim.
#8 Posted by SuperWristBands (2265 posts) -

I intend to buy Dragon's Dogma because I like the setting and the idea. I'm actually really excited about it even after hearing Patrick's tales of bad climbing animations during the E3 podcast. I also plan to get Asura's Wrath even though it looks way to quick time-y because I really like the aesthetic design they went with, love the Street Fighter 4 look. Operation Raccoon City on the other hand offends me as a fan of Resident Evil. It just... looks nothing like what I want from an RE game. Not playing as RE characters is fine until they throw them (or at least crappy looking imposters of them) into the game as enemies, then, well fuck that. Also, I really doubt the multiplayer of that game is gonna have long legs so the mode where you play as look-a-likes of RE characters is not a selling point for me.

#9 Posted by jakob187 (21514 posts) -

Soooo....Dragon's Dogma is basically an amalgamation of a Souls game, Monster Hunter, and western RPGs?

As long as it plays well, I'll be willing to play that game.

That RE game, though - zero fucking interest.

#10 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -
@Resident4t: there's a video of people fighting a giant, skip to 5 minutes in
  
#11 Posted by benspyda (1900 posts) -

Neither games really have caught my attention but if they turn out good I'll definitely give them a go. Although a squad based first person shooter in the Resident Evil universe just feels wrong for some reason.

#12 Edited by kingzetta (4307 posts) -
@benspyda said:

Neither games really have caught my attention but if they turn out good I'll definitely give them a go. Although a squad based first person shooter in the Resident Evil universe just feels wrong for some reason.

it's a class based 3rd person shooter
 
@jakob187 said:

Soooo....Dragon's Dogma is basically an amalgamation of a Souls game, Monster Hunter, and western RPGs?

As long as it plays well, I'll be willing to play that game.

That RE game, though - zero fucking interest.


and shadow of the colossus 
#13 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4660 posts) -

I Street Fighter X Tekken Comes out in march as well. Capcom must like that month.

#14 Posted by Doctorchimp (4063 posts) -

Is that KayoPolice in that first capcom vid you posted?

I'm still super shaky on this game, I'll see what it actually becomes when it releases. It being made by Capcom is already making me suspect.

I wish they'd released a PC port, say what you will about what they do for some reason they have had fantastic ports this gen.

#15 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

Dragon's Dogma was looking great but then I found out that there's only AI and no co-op mode. What a waste of a good opportunity.

#16 Posted by CptBedlam (4441 posts) -

@kingzetta: The game has coop play? Suddently I'm very interested.

#17 Posted by Doctorchimp (4063 posts) -

@CptBedlam said:

@kingzetta: The game has coop play? Suddently I'm very interested.

Dragon's Dogma doesn't have co-op.

#18 Posted by msavo (7523 posts) -

Dragon's Dogma looks promising but Operation Racoon City looks like trash. Seriously Slant Six practically buried the Socom franchise with Confrontation and now they are going to hurt the Resident Evil name.

#19 Edited by MikeFightNight (1052 posts) -

When I think of March 2012 the only game I can think of is Mass Effect 3.

Correction, and SF X Tekken. I'll check out these other Capcom games later if they turn out to be good.

#20 Posted by CptBedlam (4441 posts) -

@Doctorchimp said:

@CptBedlam said:

@kingzetta: The game has coop play? Suddently I'm very interested.

Dragon's Dogma doesn't have co-op.

Aww, too bad. The video made it look like it has coop. :(

#21 Edited by Encephalon (1181 posts) -

I still feel like I don't know what Dragon's Dogma is. Maybe I haven't been diligent enough in seeking out information, which I guess is a statement of my interest in the game right there.

#22 Posted by ZenaxPure (2569 posts) -

Dogma looks interesting, unsure if I would purchase it on launch though. I feel like I don't really know enough about it just yet.

#23 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -
@CptBedlam said:

@Doctorchimp said:

@CptBedlam said:

@kingzetta: The game has coop play? Suddently I'm very interested.

Dragon's Dogma doesn't have co-op.

Aww, too bad. The video made it look like it has coop. :(

you can make your own character and party members, you can however trade your party members ((called Pawns)) with other players.
#24 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -
@Encephalon said:

I still feel like I don't know what Dragon's Dogma is. Maybe I haven't been diligent enough in seeking out information, which I guess is a statement of my interest in the game right there.

it's an open world RPG. What makes it different is you can grab onto giant monsters, climb on them and stab them in the eyes and stuff.
#25 Posted by ArtelinaRose (1786 posts) -

I've watched like six presentations for this game and still have almost zero idea what the hell it actually is or what it plays like. Is it open world free roam random monsters or is it one of those "it has an 'open world' but you're still constrained by missions" things?

#26 Posted by Ezakael (871 posts) -

Not a big fan of Capcom, the way they handle DLC irks me. Non the less. They managed to get me interested in one of their games and I do also plan on getting Dragons Dogma when it's released. It sort of reminds me of Dark Souls...just without the ball crushing difficulty.

#27 Posted by Dagbiker (6899 posts) -

Don't forget "marvel vs capcom 3: this is the last one we promise"

#28 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -
@Dagbiker said:
Don't forget "marvel vs capcom 3: this is the last one we promise"
really? is that in actual thing?
#29 Posted by themangalist (1679 posts) -

The new batch of trailers are out and they look great. Definitely looks like Monster Hunter set in Skyrim. At least it peaked my interest much more than Age of Amalur.

@CptBedlam said:

@Doctorchimp said:

@CptBedlam said:

@kingzetta: The game has coop play? Suddently I'm very interested.

Dragon's Dogma doesn't have co-op.

Aww, too bad. The video made it look like it has coop. :(

I like the idea of the AI companions but calling them pawns is terribly dumb. The voice in the trailer is also horrible. I just hope they don't get too Japanese-y with the bad voice acting and wording.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.