Demo confirmed

#1 Edited by Bravestar (380 posts) -

the dragon's dogma director hideaki itsuno was asked about a demo a couple weeks ago on the capcom-unity live stream, but couldn't give an answer. but now capcom-unity gives us an answer:

http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregaman/blog/2012/02/29/dragons_dogma_demo_confirmed

yes, it's coming! you will be able to test 2 of the 9 classes(fight a chimera as a fighter and a griffin as strider)and you will be able to make your own character and a companion(with the extensive character creator, which they also showed on the stream a couple weeks ago), which you can import into the full game. unfortunately no date yet.

I hope the demo can convince some more people(it's the most expensive game capcom has ever made after all), but what I'm really hoping for is that it doesn't disappoint. the game looks amazing, I love that kind of fantasy and I want to have it right now, so the last thing I want is to play the demo and not like it. but that is the risk of every new franchise. and I liked lost planet 2, so I'm not really afraid. anyway, fingers crossed!

#2 Posted by bighat_logan (182 posts) -

next week

#3 Posted by kashif1 (1428 posts) -

@Bravestar said:

the dragon's dogma director hideaki itsuno was asked about a demo a couple weeks ago on the capcom-unity live stream, but couldn't give an answer. but now capcom-unity gives us an answer:

http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregaman/blog/2012/02/29/dragons_dogma_demo_confirmed

yes, it's coming! you will be able to test 2 of the 9 classes(fight a chimera as a fighter and a griffin as strider)and you will be able to make your own character and a companion(with the extensive character creator, which they also showed on the stream a couple weeks ago), which you can import into the full game. unfortunately no date yet.

I hope the demo can convince some more people(it's the most expensive game capcom has ever made after all), but what I'm really hoping for is that it doesn't disappoint. the game looks amazing, I love that kind of fantasy and I want to have it right now, so the last thing I want is to play the demo and not like it. but that is the risk of every new franchise. and I liked lost planet 2, so I'm not really afraid. anyway, fingers crossed!

Wait the most expensive game they've ever made is a western style action rpg? That seems sad somehow.

#4 Posted by bighat_logan (182 posts) -
@kashif1: it's more of a skyrim type RPG then a straight action game.
#5 Posted by Genkkaku (732 posts) -

@bighat_logan said:

next week

Just read the dates of the website.. can't wait!

#6 Edited by Zacagawea (1582 posts) -

Good, definitely going to need to try before I buy this one.

#7 Posted by bighat_logan (182 posts) -
@Genkkaku said:

@bighat_logan said:

next week

Just read the dates of the website.. can't wait!

Yeah I like that you can bring to progress from the demo into the full game.
#8 Posted by WilltheMagicAsian (1544 posts) -

Sweet, didn't want to take the risk of buying this based off of some game footage.

#9 Posted by Genkkaku (732 posts) -

@bighat_logan said:

@Genkkaku said:

@bighat_logan said:

next week

Just read the dates of the website.. can't wait!

Yeah I like that you can bring to progress from the demo into the full game.

I know right.. I like that more games are incorporating things like these into demo's.. Giving people more incentive to buy them

Also just the thought playing with the character creator sounds exciting

#10 Posted by JustKamToo (662 posts) -

Great news! Thanks for the news!!

#11 Posted by SkyTown_Drifts (47 posts) -

@kashif1 said:

@Bravestar said:

the dragon's dogma director hideaki itsuno was asked about a demo a couple weeks ago on the capcom-unity live stream, but couldn't give an answer. but now capcom-unity gives us an answer:

http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregaman/blog/2012/02/29/dragons_dogma_demo_confirmed

yes, it's coming! you will be able to test 2 of the 9 classes(fight a chimera as a fighter and a griffin as strider)and you will be able to make your own character and a companion(with the extensive character creator, which they also showed on the stream a couple weeks ago), which you can import into the full game. unfortunately no date yet.

I hope the demo can convince some more people(it's the most expensive game capcom has ever made after all), but what I'm really hoping for is that it doesn't disappoint. the game looks amazing, I love that kind of fantasy and I want to have it right now, so the last thing I want is to play the demo and not like it. but that is the risk of every new franchise. and I liked lost planet 2, so I'm not really afraid. anyway, fingers crossed!

Wait the most expensive game they've ever made is a western style action rpg? That seems sad somehow.

I doubt it is. If it was, they would've done way more to promote the game. RE 6 sounds more likely as a most expensive game they've ever made.

#12 Posted by TheHT (10884 posts) -

This is very good news.

@SkyTown_Drifts said:

@kashif1 said:

@Bravestar said:

the dragon's dogma director hideaki itsuno was asked about a demo a couple weeks ago on the capcom-unity live stream, but couldn't give an answer. but now capcom-unity gives us an answer:

http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregaman/blog/2012/02/29/dragons_dogma_demo_confirmed

yes, it's coming! you will be able to test 2 of the 9 classes(fight a chimera as a fighter and a griffin as strider)and you will be able to make your own character and a companion(with the extensive character creator, which they also showed on the stream a couple weeks ago), which you can import into the full game. unfortunately no date yet.

I hope the demo can convince some more people(it's the most expensive game capcom has ever made after all), but what I'm really hoping for is that it doesn't disappoint. the game looks amazing, I love that kind of fantasy and I want to have it right now, so the last thing I want is to play the demo and not like it. but that is the risk of every new franchise. and I liked lost planet 2, so I'm not really afraid. anyway, fingers crossed!

Wait the most expensive game they've ever made is a western style action rpg? That seems sad somehow.

I doubt it is. If it was, they would've done way more to promote the game. RE 6 sounds more likely as a most expensive game they've ever made.

I think on one of this past E3's bombcasts Patrick was saying something along the lines of this being their most expensive project.

I think that guy from GameTrailers was on during that part too. Known for being an angry dude, but I forget his name.

Online
#13 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7613 posts) -

I'm hoping this essentially feels like a western version on Monster Hunter.

As much as I love that series, there's certain aspects and mechanics that just feel so dated and unnecessary.

#14 Posted by xaLieNxGrEyx (2605 posts) -

No RE6 PS3 Demo no buy

#15 Posted by Jaqen_HGhar (866 posts) -

This was completely below my radar until someone somewhere mentioned it being like a mix between Skyrim and Dark Souls. Glad there will be a demo, hope it turns out good. Then again, I still got plenty of stuff to do in Skyrim, and haven't even beaten Dark Souls yet...

#16 Posted by Bravestar (380 posts) -

@kashif1: how is it sad?

#17 Posted by bighat_logan (182 posts) -
@xaLieNxGrEyx said:

No RE6 PS3 Demo no buy

it's a timed exclusive ps3 gets the  demo later
#18 Posted by senorfuzzeh (385 posts) -

@Bravestar said:

I liked lost planet 2, so I'm not really afraid.

Thank god, I thought I was the only one. That game was a lot fun.

As for Dragons Dogma, I can't wait to try out this demo. And now I can convince my friends to try it too without buying the game!

#19 Posted by Karkarov (2982 posts) -

Actually I am pretty sure the Demo is supposed to let you play the first part of the game now and not just demo two characters and use the character creator. The reason I say this is because I can swear in a recent live stream (like 2 weeks ago) they said you would get to make your character and your main pawn. You actually don't get access to your main pawn until you have done like 1-3 of the opening quests.

Either way it will be cool stuff even if it isn't playable at the start. For the specifically curious though the demo comes out on the 24th as in three days from this post.

Also whats up with the RE6 nonsense? Both versions are confirmed to ship with a demo code.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.