Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon's Dogma

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released May 22, 2012

Capcom makes an ambitious undertaking with this 2012 Open World Action-RPG.

Dragonforging question.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Canteu

So I've killed about 6 drakes now (they only take a couple minutes to kill) but i'm yet to have a single piece become dragonforged.

Do I need to be at a certain point of the game for this to happen or am I just unlucky from a % chance to happen?

Also, when it does happen how can I tell?

I assume the item goes up to 4 stars, but do I need the item to be 3 stars to start, or will 1 star do?

mesoian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By mesoian

It's just a lucky chance, but keep in mind, even though your stuff will be dragonforged, you're still going to find loot that makes using those items seem silly. I'd just keep moving forward for now.

I believe you have to have the piece be 3 stars before hand.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Sterling

One thing I can't figure out, is what exactly does the dragonforging do? I mean, what is the bonus of it. It doesn't change the info section to add any new info, and the official guide doesn't explain anything about it. Just that you should do it if possible.

Anyone know exactly what the benefit of it is?

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By BraveToaster

Dragonforging isn't definite, it happens randomly. When your items get Dragonforged, it will show you as soon as you kill the Drake.

@oulzac said:

One thing I can't figure out, is what exactly does the dragonforging do? I mean, what is the bonus of it. It doesn't change the info section to add any new info, and the official guide doesn't explain anything about it. Just that you should do it if possible.

Anyone know exactly what the benefit of it is?

Dragonforging just makes your armor/weapons better. When you enhance weapons/armor at a merchant you'll notice there are stars indicating the enhance level, well, your item will have a Dragonforged symbol instead.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Sterling

I know that, but what exactly makes it better. What is it doing? Just increasing the stats by a few points?

I was assuming this whole time it was adding some special ability to the items, which I don't think it is.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Canteu

It's 1 louder.

What more do you need!

Totori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Totori

really? I just killed my first one today and got my magic bow and my masked dragon forged.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By Tennmuerti

From what I understand dragon forging chance works like this: 10% chance on level 1 upgraded item, 20% chance on 2 star, 30% on 3 star. At least from drakes (not from story dragon which is guaranteed)

@oulzac said:

I know that, but what exactly makes it better. What is it doing? Just increasing the stats by a few points?

I was assuming this whole time it was adding some special ability to the items, which I don't think it is.

Yes it just increases stats further. Think of it as a fourth star level.

That said a dragon forged item can have much better stats then an item normally several tiers better. For example my dragonforged bucket helm did not get outclassed until a 3 stared Gryphic helm.

It's also a great way to make items that you like for the looks relatively beefy stat wise too.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.