Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon's Dogma

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released May 22, 2012

Capcom makes an ambitious undertaking with this 2012 Open World Action-RPG.

Dragon's Dogma gets the SSFIV treatment with new expansion.

• 67 results
    Avatar image for fire_of_the_wind
    Fire_Of_The_Wind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Fire_Of_The_Wind

Great, can't wait. I was even willing to pay full price for it.

GTCknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By GTCknight

@Yummylee: Thank you for the information.

My question was broad because I had no idea if Capcom had said at some point (it would've given me at least an idea) of how long the Dark Arisen would be, let alone how much new stuff they were adding in.

I really don't like the idea of essentially buying the exact same game again just so I can have a little bit of new content. I'd rather it have been DLC that was mostly already on the disc. At least then I could just pay them 15.00 to 20.00 dollars for it. I'll play the wait and see approach on this.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#53  Edited By Undeadpool

@Demoskinos: These costumes are free, that doesn't sound like SSFIV at ALL.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#54  Edited By ArtisanBreads

They had me and then lost me at $40. I'm not paying $40 for this.

Will wait for a sale.

EDIT: The digital expansion is still $40 right? I think we can all say, regardless of what we think, that this is one of the more confusing and poorly handled announcements ever.

@Demoskinos said:

@chrissedoff said:

The #1 priority for them should be changing that title screen music.

Hell no. That was the best part of the game.

The best part? It was good though. I liked the cheese of the guitar kicking in and the piano melody was good.

To me all that was wrong with Dragons Dogma was the mechanics of its open world and the need for more things to flesh out the world. The lack of any sort of fast travel kept the world from being as big and varied as it could have been. Also the technical issues like the damn letter box. But otherwise it was great, presentation and art style were very good.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By joshthebear

And this is why you don't buy Capcom games right away, as they're more than likely to reissue them with more content next year at a lower price.

HeyImPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56  Edited By HeyImPhoenix

I did enjoy it but it failed to grip me :) might give it another try sometime. Won't be getting the expansion though :)

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#57  Edited By Rhaknar

still no PC version, still no buy

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#58  Edited By project343

@Demoskinos said:

INFINITE FERRYSTONES

What. The. Fuck.

10/10

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By confusedowl

So glad I didn't pick this up when I had the chance. Now I can finally get the game, and for under 60$.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Karkarov

@ArtisanBreads said:

Will wait for a sale.

EDIT: The digital expansion is still $40 right? I think we can all say, regardless of what we think, that this is one of the more confusing and poorly handled announcements ever.

Both versions are the same price. It will just be available as a download too, though apparently the 360 has a different download release date than PS3 due to some microsoft rule bs about how games can be released digitally.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#61  Edited By musubi

@project343: All the fast travel son. Honestly, though at the level I'm at I'm just rolling in millions of dollars at this point. Buying gobs of ferrystones ain't a thang. Port Crystals now there is what is still really valuable.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#62  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@Karkarov said:

@ArtisanBreads said:

Will wait for a sale.

Both versions are the same price. It will just be available as a download too, though apparently the 360 has a different download release date than PS3 due to some microsoft rule bs about how games can be released digitally.

Eh well yeah they lost me. That's completely ridiculous to charge $40 to people that bought the game on release.

As others have said, Capcom sure does love to punish early adopters. Fuck that.

This should have learned lessons directly from Red Dead's Undead Nightmare. Instead they get greedy and punish fans. Not going to consider this until it's $20.

SagaciousJones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By SagaciousJones

Why Dark Arisen is A $40 Retail Game

I get it guys. We went round and round with the team on this topic as it would have been a preferred option from our standpoint too. As it turns out, I’m sorry but unfortunately there were major technical limitations that would couldn’t [sic] allow for a digital upgrade path. The original game was just not designed to be expanded (no hooks in the original code) and so a full-game delivery mechanism was the only option.

We also tried to explore a number of mechanisms to try and otherwise put this full product in original owners hands at a discount digitally but we would have run afowl of a few first party policies (not any first party’s fault, t’was our fault).

So instead, we’re packing more than $20 worth of value in digital rewards for existing users: 100K rift crystals (which in DDDA have a LOT more uses than they did in DD vanilla) the Gransys armor pack and the unlimited Ferrystone. We hope this will be a sufficent “thank you” for being part of the first wave of Dragon’s Dogma fans given the development limitations we had.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#64  Edited By StarvingGamer

Oh I'm going to be all over this. Dragon's Dogma was one of my regretfully missed games last year.

I wonder how cheap the original will be when Dark Arisen comes out, and whether or not it will be worth picking up both versions so I can get all those bonuses.

mesoian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 8

#65  Edited By mesoian

BRB, trading in my old copy.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Krullban

I still haven't beaten it. I got really annoyed at having to travel long distances back and forth through respawned enemies that I already defeated like 10 times. I'll probably pick it back up again when I have more time.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#67  Edited By musubi

@SagaciousJones said:

Why Dark Arisen is A $40 Retail Game

I get it guys. We went round and round with the team on this topic as it would have been a preferred option from our standpoint too. As it turns out, I’m sorry but unfortunately there were major technical limitations that would couldn’t [sic] allow for a digital upgrade path. The original game was just not designed to be expanded (no hooks in the original code) and so a full-game delivery mechanism was the only option.

We also tried to explore a number of mechanisms to try and otherwise put this full product in original owners hands at a discount digitally but we would have run afowl of a few first party policies (not any first party’s fault, t’was our fault).

So instead, we’re packing more than $20 worth of value in digital rewards for existing users: 100K rift crystals (which in DDDA have a LOT more uses than they did in DD vanilla) the Gransys armor pack and the unlimited Ferrystone. We hope this will be a sufficent “thank you” for being part of the first wave of Dragon’s Dogma fans given the development limitations we had.

Seems like sound reasoning. I'll be getting this.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.