fantasic OXM preview

• 61 results
#1 Edited by Shun_Akiyama (490 posts) -

I'm really pumped now this looks amazing. The thought of actually having to take realistic concerns, like getting up early and getting back before it's pitch black out is very interesting. There are no street lights out there, so of course it's going to be really dark and really dangerous out there. Also it kinda makes good on the fire promises of far cry 2.
#2 Posted by IAmNotBatman (655 posts) -

I have been looking at this with skepticism for a while, looks better and better however every time I see it.

#3 Posted by xaLieNxGrEyx (2605 posts) -

Although this does look my main interest is the RE6 demo (for all the wrong reasons I know) however since the ps3 version doesn't include that, and I don't like my xbox I will probably be passing on this game unless it turns out to be a huge sleeper hit or something out of left field.

Speaking of left field I have MLB The Show to play.

#4 Posted by Shun_Akiyama (490 posts) -
@IAmNotBatman said:

I have been looking at this with skepticism for a while, looks better and better however every time I see it.

yeah I'm completely sold after watching that. 
  • Limited money so you actually have to think about that to buy.
  • The whole day/night cycle stuff.
  • The pawns 
  • Throwing dudes off roofs 
I'm hyped
#5 Posted by Shun_Akiyama (490 posts) -
@xaLieNxGrEyx said:

Although this does look my main interest is the RE6 demo (for all the wrong reasons I know) however since the ps3 version doesn't include that, and I don't like my xbox I will probably be passing on this game unless it turns out to be a huge sleeper hit or something out of left field.

Speaking of left field I have MLB The Show to play.

Well the PS3's dragon's dogma will get the RE6 demo like a month before RE6 comes out and 360 one will get day one in May.
#6 Posted by xyzygy (10043 posts) -

Yup. I knew there was something special about this game ever since they announced it. I initially was very pumped for the demon's soul like look of the game and it's combat but now this video has shown me there's so much more to be excited for.

#7 Posted by StrikeALight (1114 posts) -

Yeah, I'll be picking this up. The Capcom unity 2hr stream sealed the deal.

#8 Edited by Grissefar (2842 posts) -

That's how PR should be done - by a cheery British guy. It's really a lot more exciting than some useless PR guy going "So what this is, it's a game about choice. What we really want is for the players to sort of express themselves through the game in all sorts of ways"

#9 Posted by Karkarov (3195 posts) -

Wow this game keeps looking better every time I see a new bit or update for it. Looking like a day one.

#10 Posted by Masha2932 (1242 posts) -

I wish the game had mounts though.

#11 Posted by Shun_Akiyama (490 posts) -
@Masha2932 said:

I wish the game had mounts though.

Well you can ride a dragon......while you stab it to death.
#12 Posted by JacDG (2127 posts) -

I love cheery British dudes! I haven't seen a lot of this game, but it looks very interesting, but as always with RPG's, I fear this game includes spiders, which would make it a no go for me, sadly.

#13 Posted by Dots (115 posts) -

Someone needs to make a zombie game like this! Oh, and yeah, this is day one for me. I was very skeptical when I saw it the first time, but this video sold it.

#14 Posted by Shun_Akiyama (490 posts) -
@Dots said:

Someone needs to make a zombie game like this!

What do you mean?
#15 Edited by Dots (115 posts) -

@Shun_Akiyama: Like the day/night cycle, vast world, combat mechanics etc. Imagine having to find shelter/somewhere safe every night because when night falls you can't see shit and "zombie activity" goes up. Make like a real zombie SURVIVAL game, that would be awesome.

EDIT: Maybe not the combat mechanics, but you get the gist.

#16 Posted by DillonWerner (1528 posts) -

So excited for this game, looks so interesting.

#17 Posted by WilltheMagicAsian (1546 posts) -

God damn it, May already has Diablo III and Max Payne 3. My poor wallet.

#18 Posted by StarvingGamer (8390 posts) -

Fuck me I can't keep buying games!

#19 Posted by Marz (5659 posts) -

man... i actually want to play this now... pre-ordering now :(

#20 Posted by Giantstalker (1696 posts) -

This thread has officially introduced me to something that could waste hundreds of hours of my time. Looks good.

#21 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

The entirety of the night landscape looks like the Tomb of Giants from Dark Souls. It's terrifying.

#22 Posted by Cincaid (2958 posts) -

@Dots said:

@Shun_Akiyama: Like the day/night cycle, vast world, combat mechanics etc. Imagine having to find shelter/somewhere safe every night because when night falls you can't see shit and "zombie activity" goes up. Make like a real zombie SURVIVAL game, that would be awesome.

You. Me. A bunch of programmers. Kickstarter. NOW!

#23 Posted by JustKamToo (703 posts) -

Thanks for posting this video, the Capcom unity streams have been good but it was nice to hear a western player give their views. Still super hyped for this game and looking for to messing around with it.

True you don’t have mounts (yet, you never know its Capcom after all DLC!) but you do have travel stones that let you fast travel to areas/towns you have already been to.

#24 Posted by Binman88 (3689 posts) -

Only just learned about this game. Sad that it's not coming to PC. I don't like playing games on my PS3 :(

#25 Edited by Dots (115 posts) -

@Cincaid said:

You. Me. A bunch of programmers. Kickstarter. NOW!

No way, man. I want it to be good, not suck! :P

@Binman88 said:

Only just learned about this game. Sad that it's not coming to PC. I don't like playing games on my PS3 :(

You could go here and show your support for a PC release.

#26 Posted by eroticfishcake (7786 posts) -

Reminds me of Dark Souls/Neverwinter Nights/Skyrim and Dragon Quest? I dunno but I'm lot more interested now then I was before. Thanks for that.

#27 Posted by ZenaxPure (2569 posts) -
@Dots said:

So minecraft? Because you just described it perfectly :O
#28 Posted by Sanj (2466 posts) -

Game looks fun!

#29 Posted by James_Giant_Peach (751 posts) -

@Grissefar said:

That's how PR should be done - by a cheery British guy. It's really a lot more exciting than some useless PR guy going "So what this is, it's a game about choice. What we really want is for the players to sort of express themselves through the game in all sorts of ways"

It's not PR.

This game looks amazing.

#30 Edited by Shun_Akiyama (490 posts) -
@Zenaxzd said:

@Dots said:

So minecraft? Because you just described it perfectly :O
yeah but not in the minecraft art style and minus the building stuff parts.
#31 Posted by TheHT (11553 posts) -

Oh dear god. They've combined an Elder Scrolls game with a Souls game.

I think this is the game I've always wanted.

#32 Posted by amir90 (2175 posts) -

Reminds me a bit of Dark Souls!

#33 Posted by Stephen_Von_Cloud (1530 posts) -

Thanks for sharing that. It looks very good, I like the ideas they are going for.

#34 Edited by countinhallways (632 posts) -

Looks very promising, I like it's style a lot. Colour me cautiously optimistic.

More worryingly however, the amount of motion blur seen in the preview video is rapidly approaching the level at which I find a game unplayable. I am going to cross various rigid parts of my body in the hope that this issue was greatly exaggerated by crappy Youtube compression.

#35 Posted by Dots (115 posts) -

@Zenaxzd: No, not really. I can kiiinda see where you going, but no, not minecraft, never minecraft. Like Dragon's Dogma except with zombies and machetes and other cool stuff, like zombies and machetes!

#36 Posted by Deranged (1837 posts) -

This actually looks pretty... good. I am massively surprised by this. I thought this only to be a selling point for the RE6 demo, but I am really impressed.

#37 Posted by jozzy (2042 posts) -

I had my eyes on this game for a couple of months now, but this video makes me really excited.

#38 Posted by NegativeCero (3014 posts) -

I was hoping to see the melee fighting when he mentioned Dark Souls. But it's still interesting and challenging, which after starting Darks Souls, I'm excited for.

#39 Posted by Grissefar (2842 posts) -

@James_Giant_Peach said:

@Grissefar said:

It's not PR.

This game looks amazing.

C'mon man, don't be such a giant dickhead.

#40 Posted by Bribo (607 posts) -

I have high hopes for this.

It's good to see that there's more to it than the ability to cling to a monster and position yourself so that you can stab him in the junk.

#41 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -
@Bribo said:

It's good to see that there's more to it than the ability to cling to a monster and position yourself so that you can stab him in the junk.

there's two more videos in another thread.
#42 Posted by Yummylee (22121 posts) -

@kingzetta said:

@Bribo said:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH. Oh man, brilliant. Quick, now go necro thread something with your trophyhunter profile!

#43 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -
@Abyssfull said:

@kingzetta said:

@Bribo said:

. Oh man, brilliant. Quick, now go necro thread something with your trophyhunter profile!

Oh hey dickface, how are you doing?
#44 Posted by Bribo (607 posts) -

@kingzetta said:

@Bribo said:

That thread led me here and I look forward to watching those videos.

@Abyssfull said:

@kingzetta said:

@Bribo said:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH. Oh man, brilliant. Quick, now go necro thread something with your trophyhunter profile!

Ooh, do I get something for that?

Cool. I'm off to browse the Too Human forum.

#45 Posted by Yummylee (22121 posts) -

@kingzetta said:

@Abyssfull said:

@kingzetta said:

@Bribo said:

. Oh man, brilliant. Quick, now go necro thread something with your trophyhunter profile!

Dayuuuuuum, it just rolls off the keys for you doesn't it?

#46 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -
@Abyssfull said:

@kingzetta said:

@Abyssfull said:

@kingzetta said:

@Bribo said:

Well that was the nice way of putting it.
#47 Posted by Bribo (607 posts) -

@kingzetta said:

@Abyssfull said:

@kingzetta said:

@Abyssfull said:

@kingzetta said:

@Bribo said:

This bitchslapping session is showing up as replies to my comment.

Could you take this somewhere else please? Thanks.

#48 Posted by Yummylee (22121 posts) -

@Bribo said:

@kingzetta said:

@Abyssfull said:

@kingzetta said:

@Abyssfull said:

@kingzetta said:

@Bribo said:

This bitchslapping session is showing up as replies to my comment.

Could you take this somewhere else please? Thanks.

I think we'd all be happier if kingzetta would... go somewhere else and take all of his alt profiles with him!

OH SHEEEIIEIEIEETTEETETETETETETET HEADSHOT BOOM SHAKALAKA DYNAMITE.

#49 Posted by august (3856 posts) -

The fuck is going on in here?

#50 Posted by benspyda (2041 posts) -

Definitely interested in this title.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.