Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon's Dogma

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released May 22, 2012

Capcom makes an ambitious undertaking with this 2012 Open World Action-RPG.

Guys, Patrick wasn't lying.

• 52 results
    musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By musubi

The ending to Dragon's Dogma is BANANAS. Its just.... like I don't even know what I saw. Like I think I mostly *get* it but man...and then the very very last scene... and ugh... yeah my head hurts. Anyone else beat this yet? Started up NG+ and I'm excited to do the entire game over again. Haven't had this much enthusiasm for a game in a good while.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Sterling

I am about to do finish it up. Will probably do so in the next day or two. Have been making way through the chambers and doing the odd job board quest still in my log.

I also read there are three endings, I wonder if all three are crazy.

jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By jking47

The more I hear about this game the more I want to buy it. Is it worth the full $60 or should I wait for it to get a bit lower?

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By TruthTellah

@Demoskinos: I haven't gotten to the end yet. Are we talking The Conduit 2 ending crazy or what?

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By McGhee

I've only played this game a few hours but I'm loving it already. Hopefully it will sell well enough for Capcom to keep making more games like it.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By joshthebear

I have no interest in playing this but so want to see how insane the end is.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Demoskinos said:

Haven't had this much enthusiasm for a game in a good while.

I'm happy you're feeling that enthusiasm man, it's what it's all about :)
    Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By Hunter5024

How long did it take you to beat it?

Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By Genkkaku

@Demoskinos said:

Haven't had this much enthusiasm for a game in a good while.

I have no idea how far off the end I am, but I've racked up 57/58 Hours now and all I want to do is play more.. When I finish it I am definatly going to jump straight back in and max out the other Voactions..

I also think I broke the quest chain..

Avatar image for deactivated-6058f06e73ee8
    deactivated-6058f06e73ee8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The only game I've played where the credits start playing on three different occasions, bizarre but great.

killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By killacam

does it turn out that all along, you've been a pawn?

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#12  Edited By fox01313

Wonder if when you go through the NG+ if the ending is different & even more bizarre than the first one.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By musubi

@Hunter5024: It took about in the ballpark of about 70hours for me? But then again I stopped and did most of the sidequests I found. Crazy thing is even as many as I did I apparently missed a TON of stuff on my first run.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AngelN7

Dragon's Dogma feels like an HD version of Monster Hunter to me I do not care for the story one bit if there's one then cool I guess but I don't think this game needs to have a good story I don't know why Capcom even bother with that.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#15  Edited By StarvingGamer

It's a shame that D3 came out a week before, otherwise I'd be all-up-ons. Maybe Capcom will release a GOTY edition with all the DLC unlocked at the end of the year? Doubtful, but I'll probably pick it up around Black Friday time anyways.

Super intrigued by the ending, torn between spoilering myself or waiting half-a-year.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By musubi

@AngelN7: Yeah, you kinda don't care about the story until the very end then it goes from like 0 to 60 pretty quickly. Theres a ton of "Oh, that makes sense now!"

mesoian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By mesoian

@Demoskinos said:

The ending to Dragon's Dogma is BANANAS. Its just.... like I don't even know what I saw. Like I think I mostly *get* it but man...and then the very very last scene... and ugh... yeah my head hurts. Anyone else beat this yet? Started up NG+ and I'm excited to do the entire game over again. Haven't had this much enthusiasm for a game in a good while.

It's crazy, but the craziness is muted by how little the rest of the game does narrative wise. If the rest of the story was engaging and made you care, it would be a truly breakthrough moment in gaming. In the state that it's in, it's sort of quirky and interesting, but not that memorable.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By musubi
    @Mesoian Opinions be opinions man. I enjoyed everything start to finish.
    mesoian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mesoian

@Demoskinos said:

You're not going to sit there and tell me that the story was even close to being coherent, let alone good are you?

The game is fun, the story is garbage.

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MarkWahlberg

Like, worth playing the game just for that crazy? Or just worth finishing the game if you've started crazy?

mesoian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By mesoian

@MarkWahlberg said:

Like, worth playing the game just for that crazy? Or just worth finishing the game if you've started crazy?

Not worth playing for that crazy. The game is worth playing though, just think of the ending crazy as the cherry on top.

asky314159

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By asky314159

@Mesoian said:

@Demoskinos said:

You're not going to sit there and tell me that the story was even close to being coherent, let alone good are you?

It doesn't necessarily have to be coherent or good to be enjoyable.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#23  Edited By Vinny_Says

Wolpaw's Law.....is it in effect?

mesoian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By mesoian

@Vinny_Says said:

Wolpaw's Law.....is it in effect?

No...the game, on a whole, is better than that. If we're talking purely about the story and narrative? ABSOLUTELY.

@Asky314159 said:

@Mesoian said:

@Demoskinos said:

It doesn't necessarily have to be coherent or good to be enjoyable.

Yes, there's the idea that the story can be so bad, it loops around and becomes good again.

It doesn't do that either. It's just...woefully flat the entire time, except for the last 30 minutes.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By musubi
    @Mesoian It doesn't need to be well written to be enjoyable. 80% of my time was spent muddling around with sidequests anyways. I thought the ending made up for most of the general lack of focus through most of the story anyways. Disagree if you feel compelled to but hey that's how I feel.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#26  Edited By Yummylee

Goddamn, that was... Patrick really was right, it all only starts to actually get interesting at the end! So...

The world is apparently made to feel so boring and generic because that's what... ordinary life is meant to be about, I guess? It doesn't excuse that fact, though. Still, the whole idea about life carrying on in a circle, with one 'chosen' to retake the throne as God every whenever amount of years is a decent sort of narrative for the setting. The best part was undoubtedly seeing the arisen (voiced by Troy Baker no less...) from the prologue appear as the current 'Seneschal' along with his main pawn he had with him. But then does the age never progress? Are they forever stuck in that one setting with that level of technology? I suppose it all depends on how far back in the past the prologue is set. Too bad there isn't some sort of year to help track what happens when.

I know that there's 4 endings, so I suppose you could say I got the best one as I take Saren's place and become the new Seneschal. That part left me confused, as I'm frolicking about as a spectre or something with nothing to do besides kill people. I had to read up just to remember that I still had the Godsbane sword. Anywhoo as I'm falling down from--for simplicity's sake--Heaven, seeing my pawn call out to me felt surprisingly touching as well. And then from what it looks like, my Pawn has now been given the body of my arisen now allowing Fire Beard to live on as a human. Going to be a little strange since my pawn, a he, now inhabits my female arisen. Well there you have it, Dragon's Dogma is even promoting goodwill towards transgenders as well. Man, this ending has everything.

I still don't exactly understand what Pawns are, though, besides... soulless beings meant to aid the arisen. In any case, frankly all of it suddenly became amazing once you reach the Dragon boss. From them on with the boss fight itself, to Everfall, to everything to do with the Seneschal - I honestly think the overall ending isn't quite as extraordinary as some may believe, but the presentation of it all was superb. And it takes you off guard after going through such boring, flat drivel that was the narrative until then.

Also, the Ur Dragon... what the hell? I did find it and I did face it, but the fucker flew away! I didn't die not once (nor could I, considering the amount of wake stones I had) Was that 'my turn'? Or was it meant to come back? I initially thought the Ur Dragon was going to be the end boss; I never knew that it was actually optional. But oh well, I guess that was that.

Great ending sequences. Overall... highly flawed, but with a lot of positive qualities to almost help balance the game out. The ending definitely managed to make me almost forget the repetitive nature of travelling everywhere on foot. Plus the Everfall was a good source of enjoyment, brought on by actually getting to fight in some difficult encounters - the one battle against 2 chimera's with a whist(?) was pretty darn rough. I don't think I'm really up for giving it a go in NG+,though - especially after hearing that it doesn't scale with your level. But for my one and possibly only playthrough, I think I had more fun than not.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Sterling

@Yummylee: The good thing about NG+ is you can run through the main story in about 4-6 hours since you are already over powered, this way you can see the other ending options.

And as for Ur-dragon you only have 8 minutes, or once you reach a certain level of damage dealt to him (two health bars I think), he will fly away. They do this so it takes a while and not everyone will have an easy time to get the loot he drops. Although you still get loot once he is finally killed. Just not the bets loot he drops. Also if anyone dies while fighting him, his health regens 1 full bar. And he has 1.5 million HP. And I think 9 bars, so that is 166K per life bar. I sat the other night helping work on Gen 46, and his health was all over the place. When I started it was at 6 bars. I saw it get down to 1 and half and one point, but hit kept jumping back up. Staying between 2 and 5 bars most of the night. I eventually gave up after 10 attempts. But still got good loot the next day when I checked the chamber due to fighting him 10 times and dealing over 500k damage in those 10 encounters. Also once he dies, someone deals the finally blow. There is a 30 minute window where anyone who enters the chamber will get him with a sliver on his health bar and you can kill him pretty fast to get the full loot drop. I had that happen twice.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Doctorchimp

@StarvingGamer said:

Maybe Capcom will release a GOTY edition with all the DLC unlocked at the end of the year? Doubtful

Are you being sarcastic?

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#29  Edited By StarvingGamer

@Doctorchimp: Nope. It's not against Capcom's business philosophy, but I don't think the game is going to sell well enough to make it worth the effort on their part.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By laserbolts

I'm just going to wait for Hyper Super Turbo Ultimate Dragon's Dogma.

Enns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Enns

I'm level 42 and I haven't done any of what I think are story missions for the Duke yet. Hell I haven't even met him.. I keep getting distracted by trying different jobs and getting stats/augments for the class I want to play. I'm looking forward to the crazy ending.

I knew I loved this game when a cyclops punched me off a cliff. Also nighttime in new areas or when you're way too weak to be out there is extremely fun. Lack of narrative doesn't bother me, in games like this I feel like it's more about what you do while playing that makes it interesting. There is a serious lack of towns though. This game is perfect for anyone that just wants to kill junk with fun combat and customizing their perfect character for what's suppose to be a crazy postgame.

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#32  Edited By Ramone

@laserbolts said:

I'm just going to wait for Hyper Super Turbo Ultimate Dragon's Dogma.

Vs. Marvel

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

I finished the game just now and started my new game plus. 

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#34  Edited By Phatmac

I should probably youtube this ending.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#35  Edited By spankingaddict

Patrick's new nickname = The Truth

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ShadyPingu

Just Youtubed the entire ending.

Jesus. That was bananas, even if it does the thing I hate in RPGs where it tries to go all purple prose on you. Just fucking explain to me what the world is about, Arisen! No need to couch it in airy nature metaphors and stuff.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By musubi
    @Encephalon Yeah how about that very last scene on the beach. Then it just goes black all sopranos style. KER-A-ZAY
    musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By musubi
    @viiral I agree. I jumped to NG+ though because I messed a ton of stuff up on my first playthrough since I had no idea how time sensitive some quests are. This run through I'll be more well equipped for the post game baddies. Fuck I hate those hellhounds.
    ervonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ervonymous

Achievement Unlocked - Closure

I think not, but fudge me if that wasn't the most entertaining end to a game in forever. It could've made some actual (albeit hazy) sense if not for the very end, but I dig it.

cooljammer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By cooljammer00

I was gonna Youtube this bananas ending but then I found out there are multiple endings.

Can someone just summarize why shit is so crazy?

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#41  Edited By Tennmuerti

I would not call it crazy or bananas per se. But definately a good ending.

Yea the very last bit was very enjoyable and I loved the hell out of it, I suppose you can call it bannanas when compared to the rest of the nonexistent story, because it comes out of left field, it packs way more impact just because nothing else had any substance prior to that.

At first I was like : "eh this is what people are raving about?" seems alright I guess but too much blabla pseudo nonsense that kind of fails because I have no feelings for this setting in the first place. I hasn't been fleshed out so the info dump was just a pointless blablabla to me, kind of dissapointing. Then I wondered about sat on the chair saw the pretty and was like well huh, nothing else to do might as well try out the sword, seems like a reasonable design of what would the developers want me to do at this point, i mean it all kinf od points to it. And as soon as I did the stabby, it was like "oh, oooooh, i get it now, cool, alright, not bad DD, well played" just as it was going in i had the though pass well you fuckers have a cycle going here so what heppens if there is no god, i aint a pussy so HA, toodles, and it payed off.

And I gotta say I enjoyed the ending a lot because of that very very last bit. Been a long time since I've seen an enjoyable ending to a game. So again, props to Dragons Dogma for that. /bow

BTW I do not believe that the pawn became you. From my understanding (we can safely assume that all the worlds are mirror images of each other existing in parallel, like say parallel universes) because you killed yourself and broke the cycle, the worlds started to collapse on each other. Your pawn started instantly to gain emotion. And basically all the "copies" of your pawn existing in parallel cyclyc world are shown merging. Just as the world is becoming one, the cycle is broken and there is nothing to control it any longer basically becoming something more akin to say out normal Earth, unrestrained and able to now fend for itself. As far as wher he/she went probably just gonna wash up somewhere else now. But anyway this is all theory and personal perspective.

Also funny thing: you are still vulnurable to the Brine, while well you know.... :P

Funman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Funman

I just beat the game yesterday. I love the moments in that game where things just go bat-shit insane. Fighting the dragon, sneaking into the Duchess chamber at night, the beasts in the ever-fall, and finally the last portion of that game were all good moments to be sure... to bad the middle of that game was completely lacking in story.

@Tennmuerti said:

Also funny thing: you are still vulnurable to the Brine, while well you know.... :P

I also found that funny, it was the first thing I tested out once I regained control, strongest being in Dragons Dogma is the brine...

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Karkarov

@Tennmuerti said:

Yeah I laughed my ass off when I got to that point because I had to try it only to end up getting spit back out on the coast. Nothing like some tiny man eating fish to put you back in your place after you think you got somewhere ;p.

Bassario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Bassario

By Ending you mean complete Ending?

I finally Killed the Dragon last night, stayed up to flaming 4 am after I said I would go to bed early that night coz one thing just lead to another and ... yeah it was pretty insane. Especially what happens afterwards with the Duke (Come on as if you wouldnt just Leonidis Boot him off the balcony and then explain what really happened to the townsfalk and the fact that the prick was going half mad coz he sacrificed someone he loved to the Dragon)

Anyway please confirm this, but from what I understand once I hand in the 20 wakestones (and probably do something else) the everfall closes up and the game ends properly? So I need to not hand them in for ages in order to get to farm the Everfall and Ur Dragon?

I am not really in the mood for a new game+ because I was already over leveled for the second half of the game due to all the exploring and fluffing around I do and from what I understand new game+ is the game all over again on the same difficulty only I will be invincible due to my level and gear.

At the same time I want to see the final ending! Grrrrr.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Bassario said:

By Ending you mean complete Ending?

I finally Killed the Dragon last night, stayed up to flaming 4 am after I said I would go to bed early that night coz one thing just lead to another and ... yeah it was pretty insane. Especially what happens afterwards with the Duke (Come on as if you wouldnt just Leonidis Boot him off the balcony and then explain what really happened to the townsfalk and the fact that the prick was going half mad coz he sacrificed someone he loved to the Dragon)

Anyway please confirm this, but from what I understand once I hand in the 20 wakestones (and probably do something else) the everfall closes up and the game ends properly? So I need to not hand them in for ages in order to get to farm the Everfall and Ur Dragon?

I am not really in the mood for a new game+ because I was already over leveled for the second half of the game due to all the exploring and fluffing around I do and from what I understand new game+ is the game all over again on the same difficulty only I will be invincible due to my level and gear.

At the same time I want to see the final ending! Grrrrr.

Everfall is not really worth farming. Ur Dragon can be done in New game easily a stone is on the shore of the starting town to warp to him. Once you had in the wake stones the real end game starts. 
    Totori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Totori
    @Karkarov said:

@Tennmuerti said:

Yeah I laughed my ass off when I got to that point because I had to try it only to end up getting spit back out on the coast. Nothing like some tiny man eating fish to put you back in your place after you think you got somewhere ;p.

The brine is a fog monster not tiny fish.
    Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Karkarov

@The_Laughing_Man said:

Everfall is not really worth farming. Ur Dragon can be done in New game easily a stone is on the shore of the starting town to warp to him. Once you had in the wake stones the real end game starts.

Well there is actually alot of really cool armor you can only find in chests in the everfall. It is also a great place to farm exp, money, and high end upgrade materials.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Karkarov said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

Well there is actually alot of really cool armor you can only find in chests in the everfall. It is also a great place to farm exp, money, and high end upgrade materials.

By the time I hit everfall I had to much money. EXP was also not an issue at that time. The upgrade stuff I guess and armour was meh by that point as well. 
    Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Karkarov

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@Karkarov said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

By the time I hit everfall I had to much money. EXP was also not an issue at that time. The upgrade stuff I guess and armour was meh by that point as well.

Well there is also the best accessory in the game the Dragonblood, and the shirt and pants that match the abyssinal set. It is also good for farming ferrystones. Maybe it isn't a good idea to farm it on your first playthrough since pushing newgame+ gets you access to buy-able portcrystals and some other cool stuff but it is worth doing sooner or later.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Karkarov said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@Karkarov said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

Well there is also the best accessory in the game the Dragonblood, and the shirt and pants that match the abyssinal set. It is also good for farming ferrystones. Maybe it isn't a good idea to farm it on your first playthrough since pushing newgame+ gets you access to buy-able portcrystals and some other cool stuff but it is worth doing sooner or later.

By the end of my first playthough I had near 50 ferrystones saved up. A crap ton of those life crystals. And enough money to by a infinite amount of port crystals. My team could handle anything *Aside from the Ur dragon* 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.