How do you like your pawn?

#1 Edited by JustKamToo (662 posts) -

Being in the UK I’m still awaiting my copy of Dragon’s Dogma and I’m still not sure how I’ll spec my main pawn. I know I’m going to go Strider/Ranger/Assassin with Fighter and Mage late game but I’m still very much undecided for my pawn.

So how are you going to spec your main pawns and how are they working out?

#2 Edited by Sterling (2078 posts) -

I made mine a big old brute for tanking. Started off as a fighter and upgraded him to a warrior. When you make them you answer some questions to shape their personality. Then when you get to a certain pint in the game ( a few hours in) you can do more of that. You site down with your pawn and he/she asks you questions. And depending on how you answer relates to how he/she will act in the field. I am pretty happy with mine thus far. He mainly hauls stuff and attacks the strongest foe on the filed first. And protects support users (ranged) when necessary. I get these little cut scenes all the time where one of the mages is being grabbed by a foe and he rushes and plows into them knocking down the foe and then sticking his sword for a fatal strike. And then you hear the other pawn thank him, and he says, "after them". Hes more a leader to my sub pawns than I am, lol.

I posted some info about him in the pawn thread, his name is Brevan. I will update it later today with a pick and more info.

#3 Posted by RazielCuts (2933 posts) -

I like my prawns with thousand island dressing.

#4 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

@RazielCuts said:

I like my prawns with thousand island dressing.

eww

#5 Posted by Demoskinos (14563 posts) -

My Pawn "Risty" is currently a Rogue or "Strider" as the game likes to call them. She has been very helpful. I'll see how the game progresses and change her accordingly.

#6 Edited by Winsord (1165 posts) -

My pawn is just a straight up warrior. They're alright, but I think I might switch up their class or some of their skills at the very least to see if I can get them to be more interesting. I'm also keeping an eye out for the item in the rift store or whatever that will allow you to change your Arisen/Pawn's looks.

Edit: Found the scroll and changed my pawn up; much happier with it now. Huge warrior is maybe a little less original, but he's a lot more useful.

#7 Posted by amidnightdreary (2 posts) -

@JustKamToo: My pawn is a female mage named Quistis. Since you pretty much need a mage for healing/buff in your party at all times and other pawns do not level up with you during combat I feel a mage pawn is the way to go.

#8 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

I have a Sorcerer named Lucretia (from Spartacus). She's awesome.

#9 Posted by Morrow (1828 posts) -

I made a strong fighter with tank abilities, although I start to believe a healing mage would have been more useful... he's still sexy though :D

#10 Edited by Slag (4016 posts) -

I roll with a fighter, but am somewhat regretting I didn't go mage as I invariably always recruit 2 mages for healing and buffing. Will likely class swap tom something else at earliest opportunity.

EDIT: and of course when it comes to class switch her I stayed melee and took her to Warrior

hey I like to smash things and Giant Hammers are cool!

#11 Posted by LikeaSsur (1495 posts) -

I love my pawn. I modeled her after my best friend, and she wanted to use daggers and bow, so Ranger she is! I made her...probably too pretty, in my opinion, but I love it XD. Inclination wise, she's pretty smart, mostly. She uses AoE and blinds in groups, she focuses on weaker enemies, and helps me if I get pinned or grabbed. The one thing I hate, though, is she knocks people away as I'm dashing toward them, causing me to whiff. But, a minor flaw.

#12 Posted by ervonymous (1297 posts) -

My main pawn is always the daftest of the bunch. She's constantly falling off cliffs and getting stuck in geometry, but other than that she keeps the party healthy and my weapons glowing with all those pretty colors.

My character is a beefcake Aristotle and she's a dainty Nietzsche, what ever did I expect.

#13 Posted by Robot_Sneakers (418 posts) -

I made a fighter who is more or less a tank, he looks kinda goofy but I'm thinking about changing his vocation to mage. Seeing as since I've stopped being a mage I always need one and no one seems to use him anyway, so I might as well make him what I like.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.