Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon's Dogma

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released May 22, 2012

Capcom makes an ambitious undertaking with this 2012 Open World Action-RPG.

Is anyone using a lightweight warrior?

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By RVonE

Since weight affects all kinds of attributes (including susceptibility to certain attacks), I wonder if anyone here has experience with playing a warrior that weighs less than 70kg. If so, how's that working out for you?

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Karkarov

Probably badly. The fact is warrior gear weighs a ton, you put any kind of actual items on them beyond just their gear and you have a character who is already at light or average weight right off the bat. Being at average weight pretty much negates any bonus you got from being smaller, but doesn't do anything to help the penalties. I imagine once you get to the augment that increases your strength it may get better, but some people may have not stayed in fighter long enough for it.

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By RVonE

@Karkarov said:

Probably badly. The fact is warrior gear weighs a ton, you put any kind of actual items on them beyond just their gear and you have a character who is already at light or average weight right off the bat. Being at average weight pretty much negates any bonus you got from being smaller, but doesn't do anything to help the penalties. I imagine once you get to the augment that increases your strength it may get better, but some people may have not stayed in fighter long enough for it.

Yeah, I'm kinda thinking about rolling a sub-70kg fighter to get the stamina bonuses and move up to warrior. Perhaps if I go for those fighter's relevant augment it'll be a viable build?

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Karkarov

@RVonE said:

@Karkarov said:

Yeah, I'm kinda thinking about rolling a sub-70kg fighter to get the stamina bonuses and move up to warrior. Perhaps if I go for those fighter's relevant augment it'll be a viable build?

Well it is a rank 5 fighter augment. It basically increases all your weight caps by 10. My character who is plain old large (the one right above medium) for example can carry 20 before light, 40 before average, 50 before heavy, and 60 before for the love of god drop some items. With that augment on it becomes light at 30 average at 50 heavy at 60 and drop some crap at 70. For a S character it would basically double their capacity at some levels so it would definitely be more doable.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.