Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon's Dogma

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released May 22, 2012

Capcom makes an ambitious undertaking with this 2012 Open World Action-RPG.

Magical damage dealer

Dracain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Dracain

Would it be better to switch to sorcerer as soon as possible, or max mage to get attunement (10% more magic attack) then switch to sorcerer? This is for my main who I want to be a completely damage focused magic caster.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Tennmuerti

@Dracain: After you purchase the new vocation you can keep switching back and forth whenever you want at the inn for free. So feel free to switch now to try it out.

Eventually however yes you will want the 10% from mage vocation and 20% from sorcerer vocation both. That is if you ant to fully maximize your damage dealing potential.

A good tip for almost any pawn/character is to initially get the warrior and sorcerer vocation of the first level because they carry on their first rank a passive that greatly reduces physical and magic damage respectively, and there isn't even any need to level them if you don't want to, just get the vocation get the augment and switch back.

Dracain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Dracain

@Tennmuerti: I know you can switch back and forth, but sorcerer gets more magic attack per level. So I am wondering which would gain me more magical damage, taking sorcerer ASAP for the magic attack per level increase, or take a couple levels in mage to get the 10%, then become a sorcerer.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Tennmuerti

@Dracain: Get the 10% it is a constant boost, the few levels are irrelevant, eventually the magic power gets into ranages of over a thousand at which point said 10% is already over a 100 magic power, way more then a few magic points you loose by pregression with the mage class

Dracain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Dracain

@Tennmuerti: Cool, thanks for the quick reply. I though about going sorc until level 100 when the progression drops off, but that is too long for something I should just get ASAP. Thanks again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.