Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon's Dogma

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released May 22, 2012

Capcom makes an ambitious undertaking with this 2012 Open World Action-RPG.

Multiplayer?

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Funkydupe

Any support for multiplayer in Dragon's Dogma? Sounds like a perfect game for it.

Packie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Packie

I remember reading an article that it won't have any form of multiplayer, even co-op. The game's biggest online feature is that you can trade your pawns(NPC allies) online and that's it.

Really weird that this game doesn't have co-op, it would've been perfect for it.

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By benjaebe

Everyone has an AI companion that can be recruited into other peoples worlds to help them complete quests. There's no traditional cooperative multiplayer, which in my opinion is about the biggest goddamn mistake they could make.

Twisted_Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Twisted_Scot
    @benjaebe said:

There's no traditional cooperative multiplayer, which in my opinion is about the biggest goddamn mistake they could make.

THIS. I refused to believe there was no Coop when they mentioned it at first. If ever a game was made for Coop I would have through it was this. Still since its Capcom maybe if we wait for the Dragons Dogma Ultimate edition released a couple of months after the game it'll have full Coop support :)
    No Coop put me back on the fence about this one.
    benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By benjaebe

@Twisted_Scot said:

Still since its Capcom maybe if we wait for the Dragons Dogma Ultimate edition released a couple of months after the game it'll have full Coop support :) No Coop put me back on the fence about this one.

I wouldn't be surprised. It is Capcom, after all. I'm hoping by the time they get around to releasing a PC version they'll have added co-op and release it as some kind of Super Dragons Dogma or something.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By monkeyking1969

I think most RPGs are poor candidates for co-op and multiplayer. You would think it would be opposite, but teh reallty fo such gameplay is that it is about fighting to get loot. If you have co-op or multiplayer hwo do you device loot except by some "system"....as system most people will "game" to get an advantage. Thus the game play goes from merely playing to "playing the loot system" for maximum advantage.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.