nearly 2 hour preview + Q&A from capcom

#1 Edited by Bravestar (381 posts) -

Here are nearly 2 hours of the game with questions from the chatfrom capcom-unity.

they show the character creator, beginning of the game, also they travel around a bit, fight some orcs, lizardmen, a chimera and cyclops, they take pictures, share their hero, do some assassin's creed-esque run on the rooftops and throw a dude off a ledge. ontop of that they answer a bunch of questions. I'm sure someone will transcribe the Q&A on capcom-unity, but if you have any interest in this game I think it's worth watching.

I have to say the stream sold me on this game. I love this kind of fantasy world and I love climbing on enemies. and stabbing them(uh uh uh uh). can't wait for the end of may.

edit: I made a gif

#2 Posted by phrali (646 posts) -

don't buy it in may.

wait for ultimate dragon's dogma with two extra enemies in july at $40.

#3 Posted by Doctorchimp (4076 posts) -

@phrali said:

don't buy it in may.

It will also have online co-op

#4 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -
@phrali said:

don't buy it in may.

Look at you, making jabs from the 90s at Capcom.
#5 Posted by chrissedoff (2098 posts) -

@Sooty said:

@phrali said:

don't buy it in may.

Did you just wake up from cryosleep, or just haven't noticed Capcom for the past few years?

#6 Posted by JackSukeru (5912 posts) -

Not all that into how it looks, very brown in parts, and I'm not sure if I would like how it plays. I do, however, like any game that makes darkness a factor in the day/night cycle and any game where you can explore the environment by climbing around.

It's just not a sure thing either way for me at this point.

#7 Posted by kishinfoulux (2307 posts) -

@Sooty said:

@phrali said:

don't buy it in may.

Sarcasm I hope?

Anyways I'm pretty hyped for this game. Also that gif is hilarious...lol.

#8 Posted by Morrow (1829 posts) -

IamsogettingthisIamsogettingthisIamsogettingthis... :D

#9 Posted by Generiko (445 posts) -

I'm always kinda hyped for Capcom games until I play them and realize I hate the controls. Hope this is the exception

#10 Posted by Masha2932 (1241 posts) -

After watching the stream I'm pretty excited for the game. I especially liked the Shadow of Colossus-esque monster climbing and the vast world, which will be exciting to explore. Needing a lantern to explore at night was also a nice touch. However, I was disappointed when they mentioned that there wouldn't be any mounts and that you couldn't swim, I was really hoping to fight some underwater beasts. Also Capcom's tendency to release a Super/Ultimate edition 6-8 months after release has me cautious about buying the game on day one. I'll have to wait for reviews and community feedback for this one.

#11 Posted by mordukai (7150 posts) -

Looks interesting. I hope the choppy frame rate is just due to the video stream.

#12 Posted by TheSpoonyBard (57 posts) -

@Mordukai: Looks like frame rate isn't an issue on the other videos, so i image it's the stream.

#13 Posted by Vinny_Says (5709 posts) -

isn't this the game the guys saw at E3 and shitted on because it looked like a million dollar catastrophe?

#14 Posted by James_Giant_Peach (751 posts) -

Love the look of this game.

#15 Posted by Brodehouse (9950 posts) -

More Monster Hunter, Japan will be thrilled. More joyless tasks to perform.

#16 Posted by Ares42 (2664 posts) -

They did another 2 hour preview yesterday.Watched parts of it, looks better than I expected but still quite on the fence about it. It really seems like they have some great ideas, but bad implementation and execution.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.