Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon's Dogma

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released May 22, 2012

Capcom makes an ambitious undertaking with this 2012 Open World Action-RPG.

New Game+ Question

Libertin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Libertin

To those who've played the New Game+ to the end...

Do you get a random Arisen as the Senechal/Final boss?

For my first playthrough, I got Savan, but then in my next playthrough (NG+), I got some random girl character whose name was in japanese... Was that just a random occurance or is that the character of one of the creators of the game?

I was hoping my first Arisen would be the final boss, lol...

Bravestar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Bravestar

it takes a random character from another player. storywise it wouldn't make any sense to take your arisen(even though it would have been awesome to fight against your previous arisen).

Libertin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Libertin

Ah, okay. Thanks for the clarification. That's still cool that it takes a random Arisen.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By Yummylee

Wow, really?? That's actually pretty cool. I don't know if I can still be bothered playing through to the end again (though I never expected that I would even head back into Dragon's Dogma at all after completing it), but that's a neat twist. Reminds me of Demon's Souls somewhat with the Old Monk boss.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#5  Edited By jacksukeru

Cool, do they also bring their main pawn? And are people who did not finish the game as a Senechal exempt from this random process?

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Karkarov

@Bravestar said:

it takes a random character from another player. storywise it wouldn't make any sense to take your arisen(even though it would have been awesome to fight against your previous arisen).

Funny you should say that.... This is how it works. If you are playing online when you enter that fight the game will "access the server" right as you enter the area/start the fight. Your opponent will then be the last player who is confirmed to have taken out the Senechal while being Online, and yeah they bring their Pawn not Salde.

However.... Should you say play... offline. The game can't exactly check the server, and Savan has already been defeated since you are on new game + so... who was the last person to have beaten the Senechal? Yeap, you have to fight yourself and your own main pawn.

Libertin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Libertin

I'm gonna try that in my next playthrough. Make it offline so I can fight my own Arisen, it'd be so cool.

You only have to be offline when you use the 20 Wakestones, right?

Bravestar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Bravestar

@Karkarov: that they take the last person who has taken out the senechal while being online is pretty cool.

btw I think there's a short ending when you lose the fight against the senechal. you can retry the fight after it, but it explains something. can't find a clip of it on youtube unfortunately(even though I've seen it there).

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Karkarov

@Bravestar said:

@Karkarov: that they take the last person who has taken out the senechal while being online is pretty cool.

btw I think there's a short ending when you lose the fight against the senechal. you can retry the fight after it, but it explains something. can't find a clip of it on youtube unfortunately(even though I've seen it there).

Yeah I know what you mean. When I finally get around to finishing my current cycle I will film all the endings and probably do one long video for it.

@Libertin said:

I'm gonna try that in my next playthrough. Make it offline so I can fight my own Arisen, it'd be so cool.

You only have to be offline when you use the 20 Wakestones, right?

Yeah, just be offline when you hand in the 20 wakestones. Then do the Senechal fight/sequence offline.

Bravestar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Bravestar

@Karkarov said:

When I finally get around to finishing my current cycle I will film all the endings and probably do one long video for it.

sweet!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.