OXM previews #2 and #3

#1 Posted by Shun_Akiyama (490 posts) -

If your want to see part one check the other thread. These to are about the class and pawn systems, both still by the same delightfully English fellow.

#2 Posted by NegativeCero (3012 posts) -

Great, the first video put this game on my radar. I'm excited to see more.

#3 Posted by jozzy (2042 posts) -

This just keeps getting more interesting, I love the sound of the job system.

#4 Posted by Stephen_Von_Cloud (1530 posts) -

This game looks awesome. I think the pawn system looks fun and it's cool that you can switch things up with your companions and your own class.

#5 Posted by Spoonman671 (4694 posts) -

I love the whole night time is actually dark thing.  It seems like this kind of feature is always focus-tested out of games where it could add interesting wrinkles to the standard gameplay.  Night vision goggles were kind of lame in Crysis.  Doubly so for that night vision scope in Fallout: New Vegas.

#6 Posted by Shun_Akiyama (490 posts) -
@Spoonman671 said:
I love the whole night time is actually dark thing.  It seems like this kind of feature is always focus-tested out of games where it could add interesting wrinkles to the standard gameplay.  Night vision goggles were kind of lame in Crysis.  Doubly so for that night vision scope in Fallout: New Vegas.
There was a night vision scope in Fallout: New Vegas?
#7 Posted by BraveToaster (12589 posts) -

Thanks for posting this.

#8 Posted by Shun_Akiyama (490 posts) -
@BraveToaster said:

Thanks for posting this.

no prob
#9 Posted by SuperfluousMoniker (2910 posts) -

Wow, this game looks great! Hope we get a quick look of this as well.

#10 Posted by xyzygy (10028 posts) -

YES I was waiting for these. Thank you. Game looks fantastic.

#11 Posted by Packie (255 posts) -

So this is what the DMC team have been busy with for years, I'm fuckin' impressed as all hell. This is probably one of the few 2012 games I'm hyped about.

#12 Posted by JustKamToo (699 posts) -

Thanks I was just about to look for these, also so need to start the Giantbomb pawn list.

#13 Posted by Village_Guy (2631 posts) -

Alright Dragon's Dogma, you got my attention.

#14 Posted by SM5240 (148 posts) -

In the past few months this has easily become one of my most anticipated games of the year.

#15 Posted by SuperSambo (2879 posts) -

The lack of proper co op really has put a dampener on this game for me...

#16 Posted by Shun_Akiyama (490 posts) -
@SuperSambo: is skyrim any worse without co-op?
#17 Posted by Shun_Akiyama (490 posts) -
@JustKamToo said:

Thanks I was just about to look for these, also so need to start the Giantbomb pawn list.

What class would vinny be?
#18 Posted by James_Giant_Peach (751 posts) -

Looks so damn good.

#19 Posted by BrockNRolla (1702 posts) -

@Shun_Akiyama said:

@Spoonman671 said:
I love the whole night time is actually dark thing. It seems like this kind of feature is always focus-tested out of games where it could add interesting wrinkles to the standard gameplay. Night vision goggles were kind of lame in Crysis. Doubly so for that night vision scope in Fallout: New Vegas.

There certainly was. It was a mod that only worked on a few guns. (Maybe only on the varmint rifle.)

#20 Posted by Redsox44 (485 posts) -

This looks great, been avoiding looking at this game because it sounded boring and looked boring but now I'm excited. Looks so fun.

#21 Posted by SuperSambo (2879 posts) -

@Shun_Akiyama said:

@SuperSambo: is skyrim any worse without co-op?

I think that any game would be better with co-op, so yes (but I didn't really like Skyrim...)

Taking down the giant enemies with a partner or 3 is always going to be more fun than doing it by yourself.

#22 Posted by Robot_Sneakers (418 posts) -

Thanks for linking these, the trailers of the game looked good but I hadn't really seen any action. I think I'll have to check this game out, and I liked the dude's voice who narrated them.

#23 Posted by me3639 (1790 posts) -

I watched some previews a few weeks back and I think it has a Dark Souls feel. I worry however with a lot going on with AI only companions, and a lot of environmental effects in the background  i worry if consoles will be able to handle a constant stable frame rate. Hopefully when shipped its good and stable.

#24 Posted by Spoonman671 (4694 posts) -
@Shun_Akiyama said:
@Spoonman671 said:
It was one of the upgrades for the Varmint Rifle.
#25 Posted by BBQBram (2258 posts) -

That all sounds great! It's going for a different thing to Elder Scrolls, not as immersive it seems but way more action-y and challenging.

#26 Posted by Space_Sandwich (108 posts) -

Little details like being able to hire people you meet during your travels is what reeeaaalllly gets me going. This is probably one of the most well thought out games (or it appears to be) I've seen in a while. I really hope they'll have a booth during PAX East, I'd love to get my hands on it for a bit.

#27 Posted by Karkarov (3178 posts) -

Thanks for the vids will give these a look sometime tomorrow.

#28 Posted by Cheesebob (1243 posts) -

MUST OWN

#29 Posted by Marz (5658 posts) -

Pawn system seems real interesting.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.