The Screenshot Sharing thread.

#1 Posted by Demoskinos (15112 posts) -

So this game has in-game screen shot sharing via Facebook. This is actually a pretty neat implementation of social media tie-ins I think. Just took a first screenshot at the very beginning of the game to test it out. Lets all share our adventures as we go along. =)

#2 Posted by TheSpoonyBard (57 posts) -

Is there a way to post these up without going through Facebook? I don't want to inundate my wall with test images.

Thanks!

#3 Edited by Karkarov (3230 posts) -

@TheSpoonyBard said:

Is there a way to post these up without going through Facebook? I don't want to inundate my wall with test images.

Thanks!

I think you can use twitter too. You can take photos with a camera, never optimal but it works. Or go my route and go buy a capture card and start getting your screen shots the hard way through your pc.

Coincidentally anyone who is taking screenshots with a capture card you are probably only going to be able to get 720p pics. I have found if you do get a 720 pic and you center crop the image to say.... 1081x608 it will cut off the black bars and still leave the vast majority of the image in tact. You can then upscale it back to 720 without any aspect ratio distortion too. Not that I have bothered doing this with any pics or anything ;p.

#4 Posted by Mesoian (1574 posts) -

My pawn always goes for the nuclear option. We're fighting fucking hobs and she decides to reign down FIRE FROM THE SKY UPON THEM!

#5 Posted by Yummylee (22297 posts) -

This was me just testing the thing out. Though it's a pretty good 'dat ass' pic all the same. Just wish you could actually control the camera after you've taken the shot; really awkward having to do it all mid gameplay.

#6 Posted by Morrow (1829 posts) -

@TheSpoonyBard said:

Thanks!

I copied them to a USB stick :)

#7 Posted by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -

I get an xbox error code when I try logging in to my FB account. I had a damn good picture too.

#8 Posted by Morrow (1829 posts) -
My character Devan, a strider.
#9 Edited by Yummylee (22297 posts) -

Oh, hey, apparently I musta taken another one sometime or another..

I kinda appreciate how easy the game has gotten now, since I currently can wilfully stroll about in that noblewoman's outfit and still withstand a substantial amount of damage. Also brings me to another complaint for how there's no 'hide helmet' option as well =/

EDIT: She's a redhead named Leliana who (now) uses a bow. Easy to see where my influences came from.

#10 Edited by Spoonman671 (4751 posts) -

Here's me and my crew, just chillin' in the woods.

And here's me levitating and my crew not giving a shit.
@Morrow: A very dashing fellow.
#11 Posted by Marz (5668 posts) -

here's what my dude kinda looks like now.

#12 Edited by Yummylee (22297 posts) -

And there's a better look at Lady Leliana, after my vanity caved and I decided to and take another...

EDIT: Though it's still kinda crappy actually. Tough trying to get a decent zoom on the face.

It's like the official redhead thread has been reincarnated into something less so... controversial.

#13 Posted by Karkarov (3230 posts) -

Okay so here is some SC's I have taken so far... All mostly scenic shots but I like em! Will try to get some cool combat shots later on.

#14 Posted by Morrow (1829 posts) -

@Karkarov:

I assume yours are taken from PC? The quality looks so much better :]

#15 Edited by Habboi (2 posts) -

My crew so far :D Thanks to whoever used my Serah for so long. Got me way too many rift crystals :>

Too bad the quality of the screenshot capture sucks.

#16 Posted by Karkarov (3230 posts) -

@Morrow said:

@Karkarov:

I assume yours are taken from PC? The quality looks so much better :]

Yeah I have a capture card I use to record footage and sometimes grab a screenshot.

#17 Posted by Genkkaku (738 posts) -
Turned the camera and everything disappeared.. but I could see enemies as giant white things
The Killing blow on a Cyclops
Chilling out with my crew on the south cape
Threatening a Tree
#18 Edited by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -

About to give this Drake the business.

#19 Posted by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -
#20 Posted by Genkkaku (738 posts) -
Ordering my Pawns around
My current loadout.. Testing a Magic Archer after maxing out Ranger & Strider
Saw lightning in the distance and thought that was a cool effect
#21 Posted by aaronBLUEeyes (60 posts) -

@Karkarov said:

Okay so here is some SC's I have taken so far... All mostly scenic shots but I like em! Will try to get some cool combat shots later on.

: I would love to get a capture card, any suggestions on brands or models? I was looking at the dazzle ones before.

#22 Posted by ComradeCrash (570 posts) -
My first ogre!
Don't you hate it when your mage decides to cast a spell instead of running? I just gave up and carried her out.
#23 Posted by aaronBLUEeyes (60 posts) -

: hahaha I know the feeling especially when you're trying to regroup! Nice shots!

#24 Posted by aaronBLUEeyes (60 posts) -
Screenshots with my Character Daz Duffield and Thad the Warrior, my Pawn!
#25 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

Wish I could post some. Sadly I am in end game and dont wanna ruin anything. 

#26 Posted by Dagbiker (6978 posts) -

@Karkarov said:

@TheSpoonyBard said:

Thanks!

I think you can use twitter too. You can take photos with a camera, never optimal but it works. Or go my route and go buy a capture card and start getting your screen shots the hard way through your pc.

Coincidentally anyone who is taking screenshots with a capture card you are probably only going to be able to get 720p pics. I have found if you do get a 720 pic and you center crop the image to say.... 1081x608 it will cut off the black bars and still leave the vast majority of the image in tact. You can then upscale it back to 720 without any aspect ratio distortion too. Not that I have bothered doing this with any pics or anything ;p.

What capture card do you have? How much did you spend on it, and dose it work well?

#27 Posted by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -

I recently started NG+ and changed my vocation to Mystic Knight. I also changed my main Pawn into Tyrion Lannister.

#28 Edited by aaronBLUEeyes (60 posts) -
Here's another from the begin beginning of me riding a Harpie!

Can you guys enlarge my screenshots to see the full image? it's not working on my browser?

#29 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
Free fallin 
#30 Posted by DillonWerner (1528 posts) -

Dahh I want this game!

#31 Posted by MightyDuck (1524 posts) -

Seeing these really makes me want to pick the game up. Although, I have a feeling I'll get burnt out if the difficulty ramps up too much.

#32 Posted by Detrian (1126 posts) -

Trolls in the woods yalls

#33 Posted by Genkkaku (738 posts) -
If feel good wearing this.. Because god are those Direwolf's annoying
#34 Posted by aaronBLUEeyes (60 posts) -
Stabbin this Son of O'Gun in the neck cause I'm a Big Boi!!
Look Ma!!! Goblins do fly!!!!! :0)
To BBQ stand directly in front of flaming dragon's mouth.
#35 Posted by Tennmuerti (8172 posts) -

I just hit a point in the game where gear starts to not really matter and further upgrades just look silly visiual wise, so my look has pretty much settled. Real happy with how my main character turned out (hapened somewhat naturally too, I wasn't actually going for any specific look). Gonna try to nab some screens today.

#36 Posted by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -

Ur-Dragon encounter #5

#37 Posted by JustKamToo (715 posts) -
#38 Edited by Karkarov (3230 posts) -

@Dagbiker: @aaronBLUEeyes:

Sorry for the stupid late response guys, literally been out of the country for the last week with no pc access etc.

SO!!!! I use a Blackmagic Intensity Pro aka the top one on this list: http://www.blackmagic-design.com/products/intensity/models/

It can do 720p 60 fps recording which is as good as you can actually get, no cap card I know of is currently capable of capturing 1080p off a console. The problem is consoles when they actually do 1080 for real (which is very rare) are running it in 59.94 or 60 fps etc but no cap card out there can currently capture 1080 at those frame settings. Truthfully most 1080p console games are actually just 720p upscales anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

As for the quality of pics mine above speak for themselves. Other than cropping the black bars they are unedited images. Or maybe I forgot to crop the bars anyway.....

#39 Posted by MethodMan008 (824 posts) -

Who's pawns are those? I know they are some Giantbomb duders!

#40 Posted by Habboi (2 posts) -
Back when I was a mage for a short while. Didn't like the slow casting times and felt useless against Ur Dragon so I went back to my roots.
And that would be the Strider class. I just love climing on top of monsters.
We set off on another adventure in the hopes of finding a Drake. I've never fought one in the wild before.
I took this literally before finding one. Scared the crap out of me. Not to mention it was extremely hard. I was level 60 or 70 and I thought every monster would be easy but for some reason this Drake did some high damage and even caused my pawn to attack my party. Took me a minute to figure out my pawn was going nuts. Thought it was bandits.
#41 Posted by mrcraggle (1974 posts) -

Nothing too exciting but I keep forgetting to take pics during the more exciting moments.

#42 Edited by Xeiphyer (5608 posts) -

My awesome dude right now, I need to get a better picture of my pawn (shes the nakedy one in the first screenshot), since she has newer more sexy armor now.
#43 Posted by Karkarov (3230 posts) -

More pics...

Sunrise at the Unusual Beach outside Cassardis
Arisen should stop doing weed
Bluemoon Tower
#44 Posted by Demoskinos (15112 posts) -

Love Malestrom. My favorite spell in the game. Sorcerer is so goddamn cool although the high level spells take fooooorever to cast so many time you can't even get them off.

#45 Edited by Tennmuerti (8172 posts) -

(grr forum posting mechanics are screwing me over)

Woo time for an image dump, not a huge fan of the screenshot quality the ingame tool makes thb.

Here's the first set of my dude in his current negame+ ranger getup, the great thing about newgame+ is you can pretty much just go for looks regardless of stats since you're pretty much set even bare arsed anyway:

This is my current Mystic Knight - Everfall setup for when i go kick the shit out of Ur.

Finally (and for this i had to rebuy some gear) this is close to what I rolled in for about half of my first playthrough, the hammer is different, mine was silver but it was a random drop and i long ago since sold it, cant buy the exact same one. Still really pround of the armor combo.

Trying to get a good screenshot of a pawn is a pain in the ass, Red my little mean mage is in the background, all in red, duh.

#46 Posted by SgtGrumbles (1024 posts) -

After taking the picture of my pawn for the pawn thread I messed around with taking some action shots, got a nice one toying with guards in Gran Soren.

#47 Posted by Genkkaku (738 posts) -
#48 Edited by crunchmonkey (258 posts) -
Fun with the UR-Dragon
Open wide
Don't look behind you

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.