Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon's Dogma

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released May 22, 2012

Capcom makes an ambitious undertaking with this 2012 Open World Action-RPG.

Trouble with pawn inclination

thebigJ_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By thebigJ_A

I'm having issues with getting my pawn's inclination where I want it. Early on, she had Pioneer as primary, since I always sent her ahead (I'm playing a caster), and became on her own an Acquisitor on secondary. Since then, her primary somehow switched to Mendicant. Now that I'm a bit further on in the game, that's not at all what I want, but I can't fix it.

First I tried using the knowledge chair, but no matter how many times I try, it only lets me swap her secondary between Acquisitor and Challenger, and doesn't touch her primary at all. That being a bust, I tried buying those potions for Rift Crystals. They don't work. Well, they do, but they only ever change the secondary inclination. I've tried everything I can think of, and the primary never changes. I read that what's supposed to happen is, you drink one and it goes to primary, then drink another and it bumps the first to secondary, taking the primary slot. It doesn't for me. No matter how many different potions I drink, no matter the order I drink them, no matter if I take them all at once or space them out, I'm stuck with Mendicant as primary. I've wasted a ton of rift crystals, which are getting hard to come by (lately I've had fewer people use my pawn, I believe because I've not played much, and am behind the leveling curve of most people).

Anyone know how to get the potions to work, or how to get the chair to work?

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Grillbar

i main problem with my pawns are they walk of the face of the earth and die on narrow walkways and so on. i actually saw one of my pawns commit suicide by jumping of a ledge the first time i encountered a dragon.

basically i dont have an answer

Gravier251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Gravier251

From what I can gather (judging by character creation with the various bars and my experience with those potions) the potions increase the statistics of the various inclinations by a certain amount. The longest bar is their primary inclination, second longest is secondary and potentially others could displace them if they grow beyond the current primary/secondary.

Best thing to do is just buy a bunch of potions of the inclinations that you want, then use them to boost the two that you want considerably (naturally use more for the primary). That should give them a sizeable lead and cause them to become the primary and secondary inclination. I think I had to use about three/four potions to manage to bring up one of the inclinations that I wanted to become primary. Just stick to potions for the two you are after, and drink a number of them till you have both of them in place.

thebigJ_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By thebigJ_A

@Gravier251 said:

From what I can gather (judging by character creation with the various bars and my experience with those potions) the potions increase the statistics of the various inclinations by a certain amount. The longest bar is their primary inclination, second longest is secondary and potentially others could displace them if they grow beyond the current primary/secondary.

Best thing to do is just buy a bunch of potions of the inclinations that you want, then use them to boost the two that you want considerably (naturally use more for the primary). That should give them a sizeable lead and cause them to become the primary and secondary inclination. I think I had to use about three/four potions to manage to bring up one of the inclinations that I wanted to become primary. Just stick to potions for the two you are after, and drink a number of them till you have both of them in place.

Interesting. Like everything else in this game (that I do really enjoy, overall), it fails to make things clear. I'll give that a try, though I can't imagine what caused her to get the Mendicant bar so high on her own, thanks!

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Tennmuerti

@thebigJ_A:

To be precise you only need 2 potions to make an inclination which your pawn doesn't have into a primary, they just need to be drunk in sequence one after another.

It works like this: 1 potion = from inclination not being one of your two at all it becomes a secondary; if the inclanation was already secondary it then becomes primary. So first potion puts it as a secondary and second bumps it into primary. Just has to be in sequence because if you drink a different inclination changing potion in between it will bump the one that's there out.

Bassario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Bassario

I think I got pretty lucky with my mage, I got her on Guardian Primary and Utilitarian Secondary, the guardian was already there and she does seem to prioritize looking after me above all else, always quick on the heals and I drank a utilitarian potion on purpose because I simply guessed that that was the best option for what I was going for and that was for her to keep the fire buff up as much as possible (or whatever weapon enchant) This could be a coincidence tho as I am yet to find a pretty clear explanation on which behavioral pattern will effect which prawn type in what way? Does that make sense? Would anyone care to explain them thoroughly or maybe have a good link in that regard? Thanks a lot in advance.

thebigJ_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By thebigJ_A

I've been told elsewhere, that the way it works is that those bars from the questioning section of making a pawn actually continue in-game, and both your actions and the pawn's will continue filling bars up. Those potions each boost a bar by a certain amount. It seems to be that way. I always keep Lucrezia stalked with healing items, and she's always healing herself, so mendicant keeps appearing in either primary or secondary. The fact that I give her a pickax and let her do all the minig and gathering brings acquisitor about, as well. At a guess i'd say the Knowledge Chair lets you boost the third highest above the second if you'd like, which is why it's always always been between acquisitor and challenger (the one I bought the most potions for, and was Primary till her actions dropped it back down).

I tested it by buying potions for an inclination I'd never used, Nexus. It took six before it appeared as secondary.

Bassario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Bassario

Yeah I think u might be right, I noticed my utilitarian drop off after a while and now I have to rush on over to the guy and buy more of that potion because having her keep up that holy or fire weapon buff is useful above all else.

Hehehe, the moment u mentioned Lucrezia my mind instantly darted to the following video even tho I had not seen it in a couple of years, oh man thanks for making me revisit that... good times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_yFZZdYrVw

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.