Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon's Dogma

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released May 22, 2012

Capcom makes an ambitious undertaking with this 2012 Open World Action-RPG.

What is your favorite vocation?

• 64 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-6058f06e73ee8
    deactivated-6058f06e73ee8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@Sackmanjones said:

@ModerateViolence

I found out how good the Assassin class was quite late, so I had a ridiculous amount of stamina, the Invisibilty skill is totally nuts when I realised it makes you invincible to 'everything' even if enemies swing near you or AOE spells, dragons breath, crazy business.

Invisibility? Holy shit I need to get that. I took some time of from DD to finally finish up Dark Souls but I'm ready to jump back in

It's a really silly skill and lasts for a crazy amount of time, enemies can't see or hurt you for the full duration but you can still attack.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#52  Edited By Tennmuerti

@Karkarov: Goddamn the Lycan whatever shot is goood. Which is really weird because it does not say anything about adding damage when it clearly adds a metrick fuckton of. While at the same time Comet shot of the ranger class says it adds a bunch of damage but only ever does a regular shot damage for me. Both skills are the zoom in type. I wonder if they are mixed up or something, because as it stands it's kinda messed up.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#53  Edited By musubi

@ModerateViolence said:

@Sackmanjones said:

@ModerateViolence

I found out how good the Assassin class was quite late, so I had a ridiculous amount of stamina, the Invisibilty skill is totally nuts when I realised it makes you invincible to 'everything' even if enemies swing near you or AOE spells, dragons breath, crazy business.

Invisibility? Holy shit I need to get that. I took some time of from DD to finally finish up Dark Souls but I'm ready to jump back in

It's a really silly skill and lasts for a crazy amount of time, enemies can't see or hurt you for the full duration but you can still attack.

Add on top of that if you take some of the assassin perks and go solo with no pawns your stats get shot through the roof. Essentially making you death incarnate especially if you have some good gear like a Dragon Forged "Dragon's Dogma"

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By Karkarov

@drag: @Tennmuerti:

Oh yeah for sure. Truthfully I only use two Assassin augments at all. Autonomy if I go out with no pawns, and Bloodlust which I use basically all the time. It isn't like it is hard to just rest until nighttime before I go to fight the ol ur dragon. Also you will notice, but the light is always the same in "dungeons" whether it is night or day so it isn't like there is any advantage to being out in the day inside them.

As for the rest of my augments I typically use a mix of strider, fighter, and warrior. Namely.... Clout, Proficiency, Leg Strength, Sinew, Arm Strength, Vehemence, and Dexterity. Obviously not all at once, I change things around based on what I am going to do, if I am bringing pawns, etc etc.

Lycaen Sight though is quite bad ass. It does "some" bonus damage but the real bonus is in it's mechanics. Because it zooms you can focus on weak points more easily, it enables the arrow to ignore range rules meaning it loses no damage for farther travel, and lastly because it ignores range and can be so specific it is easy to snipe dudes before they even spot you. The advantage to that in case you didn't know is that when a player, pawn, or enemy is hit "unaware" they take bonus damage. So combine Lycaen Sight with that one augment that makes you do even more bonus damage to unprepared enemies and well.... >_>

EDIT: In fact, I have noticed Lycaen Sight tends to do more damage the further away an enemy is. Which is the opposite of how all other bow attacks work.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#55  Edited By Tennmuerti

@Karkarov: Just finalized my build of MK + assassin augments, set a new personal record, drake went down in under 5 seconds, 1 normal swing 2 full moon slashes. hihihihihihihi :P

Edit: Just tested it out in Everfall a bit. I have to concede one thing to rolling as an assassin tho, it's a vocation that is way better at killing Ur, sadly the fact tha Abyssal Anguish is a timed buff just makes it way less efficient at this one encounter. For everything else it's a tossup. Tho wiping out the Wight + Chimera + Gorechimera + hellhounds chamber by standing in one place and spamming the Grand Cannon was damn fun (one of the more difficult fights in everfall became a joke).

Hilikus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Hilikus

Played the most as Magick Archer and Ranger. Magick Archer was great fun, locking onto 10 enemies or 10 different parts of one enemy and letting the arrows fly was very satisfying. Unfortunately I didn't come across a bow upgrade for a while so I moved off of it and eventually ended up sticking with Ranger for much of the endgame. Instead of hitting 10 different body parts of an enemy I struck 10 arrows right into the body part of my choice with the amazing Tenfold Flurry.

The only classes I haven't tried so far are Mage and Sorcerer. Having two sorcerer pawns wreck shop with simultaneous High Bolides/Gicels got me enticed though and i'm looking to move onto that in the NG+ i'm going through after I max out Mystic Knight. I look forward to being able to cast those spells consistently at my choosing rather than hoping that my pawns end up getting the casts off. Really missing my double jump though.

Holl6425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Holl6425

Playred mostly as a Ranger and Assassin, but the game started to get waaaay too easy. :-( -- Came across a YouTube video of Magikal Archer and decided to give it a go. Wow, what a fun class! It doesn't give me the damage output (so far) as the two aforementioned classes, which is exactly what I want. I even traded in my hard leather gear for some squishy cloth to make me more vulnerable. On top of all that, I changed my main pawn to a Ranger and ditched my Mage..... So no Heals (other than a limited supply of food) debuffs, or tank.... My first attempt at killing a Drake was a failure (I was too reckless), but the second was epic!!! I was down to CRITICAL health, where I could barely see anything, no health potions left.... and I won! I love it when you've got to rely on timing, positioning, and execution. It's makes the game much more challenging

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#58  Edited By Sackmanjones

Well I just finished up the assassins vocation (really love it) While I'm not just murdering things like some of you (and I'm kinda glad) Im trying to decide what to go for next. I was thinking either mystic knight or the magic archer. But I kinda wanna get out of my comfort zone and try a sorcerer. Anyone have any opinions on these?

DemBones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By DemBones

@Sackmanjones: Mystic Knight is a decent class. I enjoy the shield spell that heals its user after a successful block. I also enjoy the sigils and the cannon spell (I'm sorry, I don't remember their names). You can also take a lot of damage.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @DemBones That's the one I'm leaning towards. Not sure how far I am in the game ( just got to the part where I got 4 missions from maximillion) but I definitely wanna try em all
    milsvaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By milsvaard

I've maxed out all classes except for the mage and sorcerer classes. I've had most fun as a Fighter but I like the Knight, Assassin and Ranger.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Sackmanjones

Definitely think I'm gonna try mystic knight after this. I just got the quest to find those bronze silver and gold idols and apparently those are pretty important. If anyone could give me some help that would be great.

d0rks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By d0rks

So, Mystic Knight was the only vocation I hadn't spent any time with at all.

I started a new playthrough on Xbox 360 and figured I would give it a go. At first I was pretty skeptical mostly because I hadn't been used to blocking, or even using shields much (played mostly as Mystic Archer or Assassin) and Magic Cannon seemed a bit underwhelming.

I just unlocked Ruinous Sigil and Great Cannon and I can see how those can work to great effect, especially combined with enchantments. So far I'm finding it mostly hilarious, because Great Cannon seems to trigger on everything, like (High) Miasma for example. I'm not sure if I enjoy the slowdown it causes so much though.

LikeaSsur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By LikeaSsur

After maxing all vocations, I have to say that Assassin or Magick Archer is my favorite, it's hard to decide between the two. Assassin has the fun counters and explosions, not to mention the versatility, but Magick Archers are so mobile, and Explosive Rivet is too much fun.

Gah, I can't decide!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.