Would like to have someone gift my pawn the Golden Idol

#1 Posted by aaronBLUEeyes (60 posts) -

Hello All,

I just recently found out about all the idols in the game and and on the quest to retrieve the Silver Idol. I have already completed the Symone escort mission and botched getting the golden idol, for I let her stray too far away from me twice. At the time i had no clue the quest was that important. I found her quickly when she hid, i barely let her win the foot-race, and provided her with the water. But she got angry at me in the square cause she kept walking while i was waiting for my pawns to fish out the money from the fountain.

Is there anybody who has already played the game once and on a NG+ that would be willing to gift my pawn the original Golden Idol? It would be greatly appreciated!

My Gamertage is: aaronBLUEeyes on Xbox 360

#2 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@aaronBLUEeyes said:

Hello All,

I just recently found out about all the idols in the game and and on the quest to retrieve the Silver Idol. I have already completed the Symone escort mission and botched getting the golden idol, for I let her stray too far away from me twice. At the time i had no clue the quest was that important. I found her quickly when she hid, i barely let her win the foot-race, and provided her with the water. But she got angry at me in the square cause she kept walking while i was waiting for my pawns to fish out the money from the fountain.

Is there anybody who has already played the game once and on a NG+ that would be willing to gift my pawn the original Golden Idol? It would be greatly appreciated!

My Gamertage is: aaronBLUEeyes on Xbox 360

Its a real important item dude. I do not think someone will just gift it to ya. 
#3 Posted by Karkarov (3098 posts) -

Yeah, everyone needs at least 2 of them so it is pretty unlikely anyone is going to gift one to you.

#4 Edited by thebigJ_A (1001 posts) -

I'd give you a forged one, but that just gets you the discount, not the items at the two shops (and actually pisses them off if you give it). Looks like you'll need to wait till NG+. Not to worry, there's other good loot out there, and just getting the blacksmith/Madelein to really like you unlocks a few good things, and the silver a few more.

#5 Posted by Demoskinos (14817 posts) -

Its dumb easy to get one in your game. Just do the quest where you escort fornivals daughter around town. Follow close to her, NEVER touch her , be nice when she asks you to do something do it quickly and at the end let HER win the race and you'll easily get the gold idol every time.

#6 Posted by thebigJ_A (1001 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

Its dumb easy to get one in your game. Just do the quest where you escort fornivals daughter around town. Follow close to her, NEVER touch her , be nice when she asks you to do something do it quickly and at the end let HER win the race and you'll easily get the gold idol every time.

I'm pretty sure he knows that, seeing as how he described exactly how he did that wrong. His point is, having fucked it up, he can't get it now.

#7 Posted by aaronBLUEeyes (60 posts) -

haha, thanks for the feedback everyone. Yeah the forgery would be cool to help with the discount at least. I'll hook you up with something shinny from my inventory also.

#8 Posted by Demoskinos (14817 posts) -

@thebigJ_A: Well should have restarted at a checkpoint when he fucked up. =p

#9 Posted by Karkarov (3098 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

@thebigJ_A: Well should have restarted at a checkpoint when he fucked up. =p

Right because he is playing with one monitor on a wiki and a strategy guide open to the quest details of what he is doing at all times?

Seriously, just play the game and let it ride. Considerably more fun that way. Heck I missed the idol the first time too because of this but it isn't like it really matters.

#10 Posted by aaronBLUEeyes (60 posts) -

Yeah, lol I normally just try to play and have fun. I'm normally playing 1st person shooters like BF3. I don't often play single-player games. only reason i even found out about the idols was because I was asking on this forum where I could get better weapons after playing with the same ones for about 10 levels or so.

#11 Posted by DemBones (69 posts) -

That's a big request you have. The time you spend asking on the forums could be used to complete the (easy) quest required to receiving that item.

#12 Posted by Tennmuerti (8089 posts) -
@DemBones said:

That's a big request you have. The time you spend asking on the forums could be used to complete the (easy) quest required to receiving that item.

If you read his post, he has already done that quest and did not get the gold idol as a reward.
#13 Posted by DemBones (69 posts) -

@Tennmuerti said:

@DemBones said:

That's a big request you have. The time you spend asking on the forums could be used to complete the (easy) quest required to receiving that item.

If you read his post, he has already done that quest and did not get the gold idol as a reward.

But the quest is still available if he starts NG+. It doesn't take long to breeze through the story on a second playthrough. I know this because I had to do the same thing.

#14 Edited by Tennmuerti (8089 posts) -

@DemBones said:

@Tennmuerti said:

@DemBones said:

That's a big request you have. The time you spend asking on the forums could be used to complete the (easy) quest required to receiving that item.

If you read his post, he has already done that quest and did not get the gold idol as a reward.

But the quest is still available if he starts NG+. It doesn't take long to breeze through the story on a second playthrough. I know this because I had to do the same thing.

He would have to finish the entire game for that first. NG+ is kind of a moot point, as is the (easy) quest, when a dude is looking for weapons in the middle of his first playthrough. Far more time then simply asking on the forums.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.