Would this ruin my time with the game? (high level pawns)

#1 Edited by MethodMan008 (822 posts) -

So I've spent like an hour or so with the game and it's pretty cool.. Doesn't explain a whole lot, but it seems like the good RPG's don't anymore. :P

Anyhow, I went to the Riftstone for the first time and their were like 3 level 80 pawns that didn't cost anything, so I grabbed two of them to roll with me and my dedicated pawn..

It seems like the high level pawns can dominate most enemies.. So, is this gonna significantly alter my time with the game? Is this like the equivalent to very easy mode? Why are such high level pawns free to ride with?

Thanks duders!

#2 Posted by Catolf (2653 posts) -
@MethodMan008: No not really, cause even level 80 pawns (which were your friends pawns thus why they didn't cost you anything) can still get royally fucked over during a sudden boss battle. I have a level 55 with me and i'm about 20 some now, it makes things easier, but your not going to be out of the woods when you get mobbed. Don't rely on them for everything definitely, but enjoy the ride.
#3 Posted by Demoskinos (15133 posts) -

While it can make it a bit easier it still won't help you if YOU die. And early game you can get fucked over rather quickly. I wouldn't worry about it I don't think It will matter too much.

#4 Posted by kyokushin_nanaya (40 posts) -

I've just play Dragon's Dogma with pawns with my exact level and find that it's not too bad. I am at level 40 now so when I see a cyclops I am not too bothered about it.

I think it should be fine. As long as you play carefully and don't get jumped by the bigger monsters, the game still has some element of challenge. It does get much easier though when you progress. I still find groups of bandits with bows annoying though. 3 to 4 hits can kill you if you don't look out.

What's even more annoying is that damn blacksmith: There're masterworks all, you can't go wrong. :|

#5 Posted by rramo010 (49 posts) -

@Catolf said:

@MethodMan008: No not really, cause even level 80 pawns (which were your friends pawns thus why they didn't cost you anything) can still get royally fucked over during a sudden boss battle. I have a level 55 with me and i'm about 20 some now, it makes things easier, but your not going to be out of the woods when you get mobbed. Don't rely on them for everything definitely, but enjoy the ride.

I totally agree with this statement. I've had pawns that were 20 to 30 levels higher than me have to be revived constantly, however some high level sorcerers can wipe out bosses in seconds.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.