Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon's Dogma

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released May 22, 2012

Capcom makes an ambitious undertaking with this 2012 Open World Action-RPG.

Xbox 360 or Playstation 3?

LikeaSsur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By LikeaSsur

A weird question to most of you, but it's a valid one to me, nontheless.

Which system should I get this for? I don't care much about the graphics or slowdown or whatnot, because at the end of the day, it looks the same to me.

I played the demo on the 360, if that has anything to do with it, but my main question to those who have it is this: Does it feel right to have it on your system? I've always had single player games on the Playstation 3, but this feels like a multiplayer game....oh, the dilemma of my first world problem.

Help me, duders!

Rave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Rave

I had the same problem I played the demo on both systems and in the end went with the 360 due to more friends and hard drive space for dlc. I have it installed on 360 frame rate is solid and I don't notice the screen tearing at all. The black bars are present in both version as far as I know. I am really enjoying it on 360 despite my preference for 3rd person games on ps3

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By AngelN7

Well isn't the 360 version getting a Resident Evil 6 demo with the game? I only have one console but If I had a 360 I'd go for that one.

TheSpoonyBard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TheSpoonyBard

@AngelN7 said:

Well isn't the 360 version getting a Resident Evil 6 demo with the game? I only have one console but If I had a 360 I'd go for that one.

PS3 but I believe it's under that stupid 360 timed exclusivity deal.

Also, I've been hearing that the 360 has screen tearing and, if you don't install, NPCs take a few seconds to pop in. I'm on the PS3 version, which doesn't have screen tearing, but apparently has a very slight frame rate drop. I barely notice it though.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Justin258

Which one is worse: Screen tearing (360) or slowdown (PS3)?

Those are the issues with each version that I've heard about. As far as I know, everything else about them is identical.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Sterling

I have played about 12 hours on PS3 and have not had any slowdown or frame rate issues.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By MetalBaofu

I rented it for PS3 because my Xbox is currently dead. Can't comment on the Xbox version, obviously, but I've had no problems whatsoever, and I am really enjoying playing it on the PS3.

Svenzon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#8  Edited By Svenzon

According to some reviews the 360 version framedrops more during intense battles, but my friend who's played it for a while now says it's not that noticeable. Personally I would get the 360 since both my PS3 HDD and friends list are tiny.

LikeaSsur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By LikeaSsur

Thanks for the input, everyone. After careful consideration, I am a proud owner of the 360 version of Dragon's Dogma. I'll see your pawns in game!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.