Coming September 9: The Big Live Live Show: Live!

Posted by Jeff (3486 posts) -

Hey, what are you doing on September 9? Actually, wait, don't answer. I don't care what the answer is--just cancel whatever it is. Because what you should be doing on September 9 is setting up your largest computer monitoring monitor and aiming a web browser squarely at us, because at 10AM Pacific Daylight Time, we're kicking off an all-day broadcast that's going to start down here in the basement and, by the end of the day, explode into a full-on street party.

The Sites de Whiskey Grande (that's us, Tested, Screened, and Comic Vine, I think) will be coming together to present something like eight hours of delirious action, featuring game demos, interviews, something that closely resembles a world premiere, some sort of dance-off, footage of what goes on in our underground bar, the ability to ask us questions, some sort of sandwich-related fiasco, and much, much more!

(Actually, I should state that we might not have a sandwich-related fiasco, and that just about all of the above is subject to change. It's a live demo, folks.)

But I can 100-percent for-sure guarantee that this will be when you'll hear the super-specifics about our upcoming network-wide membership program, which will let you sign up for hot-ass services like higher-quality videos, a mobile-optimized version of the site, and... well, actually, how about I just show you the mobile-optimized version of the site, courtesy of this video shot by Mike Horn and Dave Snider earlier today... cool? 

You know, Dave's been posting a bit more about the upcoming paid membership plan over on his blog, so you might want to check that out for a sneak peek at what's coming your way. Otherwise, I'm going to get back to haranguing guests to make sure they're actually going to show up, and we'll see you on September 9!
Staff
#1 Posted by Jeff (3486 posts) -

Hey, what are you doing on September 9? Actually, wait, don't answer. I don't care what the answer is--just cancel whatever it is. Because what you should be doing on September 9 is setting up your largest computer monitoring monitor and aiming a web browser squarely at us, because at 10AM Pacific Daylight Time, we're kicking off an all-day broadcast that's going to start down here in the basement and, by the end of the day, explode into a full-on street party.

The Sites de Whiskey Grande (that's us, Tested, Screened, and Comic Vine, I think) will be coming together to present something like eight hours of delirious action, featuring game demos, interviews, something that closely resembles a world premiere, some sort of dance-off, footage of what goes on in our underground bar, the ability to ask us questions, some sort of sandwich-related fiasco, and much, much more!

(Actually, I should state that we might not have a sandwich-related fiasco, and that just about all of the above is subject to change. It's a live demo, folks.)

But I can 100-percent for-sure guarantee that this will be when you'll hear the super-specifics about our upcoming network-wide membership program, which will let you sign up for hot-ass services like higher-quality videos, a mobile-optimized version of the site, and... well, actually, how about I just show you the mobile-optimized version of the site, courtesy of this video shot by Mike Horn and Dave Snider earlier today... cool? 

You know, Dave's been posting a bit more about the upcoming paid membership plan over on his blog, so you might want to check that out for a sneak peek at what's coming your way. Otherwise, I'm going to get back to haranguing guests to make sure they're actually going to show up, and we'll see you on September 9!
Staff
#2 Edited by sagesebas (2003 posts) -

yeah 
is anime vice not going to be there, they are a whiskey media site right?

#3 Posted by Tofford (532 posts) -

This is awesome cos its my birthday but it means i will probably be busy

#4 Posted by Cyborgmatt (93 posts) -

Rad tbh.

#5 Posted by bonbolapti (1611 posts) -

OHFK

#6 Posted by Moloney (56 posts) -

That's kinda awesome.
#7 Posted by lordbazuco (378 posts) -

Darn, I have school.

#8 Posted by Rockanomics (1150 posts) -

Shit's gonna be bonkers.

#9 Posted by KuribosShoe (640 posts) -

ok see this is what I meant by being more up front about the subscription thing!  awesome!

#10 Posted by Depth (355 posts) -

Dear lord

#11 Posted by JJOR64 (18954 posts) -

Sounds great!  I'll be there!

#12 Posted by sammccallum16 (51 posts) -

Yuss that's 5pm in the UK so finally a live stream I can actually watch :D

#13 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

Wow sounds fun. ill try and clear my day(its not gonna happen)

#14 Posted by Fish_Face_McGee (475 posts) -

I'm really bummed that I'm going to miss the first 45 minutes to hour of it.  

#15 Posted by Damodar (1343 posts) -

Sounds awesome, but it will be about 3am in Australia when it starts :/ 

Woo for archives!

#16 Posted by natetodamax (19192 posts) -

Sweet! I won't be at school so I'll be able to watch this.... probably all of it. Oh man.

#17 Posted by Raven_Sword (3444 posts) -

But Jeff, im due to give birth on the 9th! What should I do?
#18 Posted by doublezeroduck (277 posts) -
@sagesebas said:
" yeah is anime vice not going to be there, they are a whiskey media site right? "
They aren't invited. 
#19 Posted by Jeff (3486 posts) -
@Raven_Sword: CANCEL IT
Staff
#20 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6155 posts) -

I'll bring the condoms and the 40 of OE.  It's on, bitches.

#21 Posted by Term (83 posts) -
@sagesebas said:
" yeah is anime vice not going to be there, they are a whiskey media site right? "
That's because Anime Vice has no editors, at least not at the Whiskey office.
#22 Posted by mustachioeugene (506 posts) -

totally rad to the boner.

#23 Posted by ChristianCastillo (1178 posts) -
@Raven_Sword said:
" But Jeff, im due to give birth on the 9th! What should I do? "
Hold it in until the 10th 
#24 Posted by InfiniteGeass (2052 posts) -

Still have no idea what this is.

#25 Posted by Jeffmoocow (124 posts) -

This is going to be the greatest 8 hours of my life.

#26 Posted by buwchbach (311 posts) -

FUCK YES!

#27 Posted by Vasta_Narada (442 posts) -

Is this gonna be archived? I sorta have uncancelable stuff on the 9th...I'D BE THERE IF I COULD!

#28 Posted by MaFoLu (1858 posts) -

It it wierd that I'm looking forward to this more than christmas?

#29 Posted by sagesebas (2003 posts) -
@Term: man whats up with anime vice
#30 Posted by jelekeloy (456 posts) -

That's a Thursday... we kiddies need to be learning...Oh well, I'll only miss the first hour since I'm on the East coast.

#31 Posted by Horace (139 posts) -

If only you still have Kessler as an intern.  You could have made him stay locked away on his own stream playing through the broken version of Kane and Lynch 2 before he could join in.  But t'is not to be :(

#32 Posted by pbhawks45 (736 posts) -

Excited. School's gonna be going on, but hopefully you guys will archive the show on JustinTV.

#33 Posted by Pkshields (810 posts) -

Hell. Yes. 6PM to 2AM is PERFECT timing! Awesome.

#34 Posted by BrickRoad (702 posts) -

That's a great logo, it really is.

#35 Posted by RJPelonia (855 posts) -

Sick!

#36 Posted by Jeffsekai (7027 posts) -

I START SCHOOL >:(

#37 Posted by adri4n (69 posts) -

hype

#38 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -

But what if I'm scheduled to die at that day and time?

#39 Posted by Jeffk38uk (715 posts) -

Hmm, reading snide's blog on the whole subscriber deal, you guys are really making sure Whiskey Media is accessible to free and paid fairly. Gotta love that. 

Do hope this live live show of live will be archived when we cant watch it live.

#40 Posted by ZmillA (2269 posts) -

thats my birthday :)

#41 Posted by Aarny91 (3912 posts) -

I was wondering what this was.

#42 Posted by JDUB_XL (460 posts) -

This sounds like the Players Ball that Gamespot did back in 07. AWESOME!

#43 Posted by DukeTogo (1504 posts) -
@Term said:
" @sagesebas said:
That's because Anime Vice has no editors, at least not at the Whiskey office. "
It's because that site blows, is operated by robots, and is going under before then.
#44 Posted by RustyScrew (72 posts) -

wow that's like the 3rd day of school for me
but i'm on the east coast so i'll only miss like almost 2 hours
nothing better happen for 2 hours
especially not the sandwich fiasco

#45 Posted by Devil240Z (3324 posts) -

well I am able to watch for the first 6 hours. So better bring some good shit in the first six!

#46 Posted by Ghostiet (5250 posts) -
@Raven_Sword said:
" But Jeff, im due to give birth on the 9th! What should I do? "

Bring it. You'll spare yourself a lot of hassle if you introduce it to drunken shenanigans, schizophreniacs, video games, vulgarisms and obscenities at an early age.

#47 Posted by Jazz (2256 posts) -

After just watching the first hour of D-Wars, I will be happy if I never see a dragon ever again. 
DO YOU HEAR ME BIOWARE

#48 Posted by V_Ben (108 posts) -

wow, 8 hours? For the love of god this better be recorded in its entirety. I have an exam the next day! :(

#49 Posted by buzz_killington (3532 posts) -

I hope it's Justin.tv so I can stream it in class.

#50 Posted by Ratcabbage (250 posts) -

The "sandwich-related fiasco" has me intrigued. I'm very pro-sandwich.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.