Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Drakengard 3

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Dec 19, 2013

Drakengard 3 brings the series's trademark mixture of hack and slash combat and unorthodox storytelling to the PlayStation 3.

Spoiled Meat: The Drakengard 3 Spoiler Thread (Spoilers)

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

It was suggested this be made, and I was considering making one just to bitch about the Final Boss, so here we are.

I reiterate, fuck that rhythm game. Fuck everything about it. That is my contribution.

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By mwng

Just posting what I stuck in the other thread in case it helps people out in any way.

Rhythm game took me about 6 hours, I finally cracked it using the sync video more as a guide than a rule. As in, I did the majority of it using the audio cues, using the video more to count the notes than anything, and again towards the end for the slower fade to black notes, because fuck them.

I'm not saying it'll work for everyone, but that's how I managed it... eventually...

As for progress, I failed a lot at sister 2s first quick double note initially for some reason, then after passing that, it was sister 1s double note (not the first few, there's one particular one, you'll probably know what I'm talking about). But after realizing I should just be listening for the cues, rather than trying to match the sync video, this bit became pretty easy.

Anyway, after 3-4 hours I was able to get to the last part VERY consistently. After that, it was the 7 quick notes, followed by a pause and 1 that tripped me up the most, and the reaaaalllyyy slow notes at the end, which I just used the sync video for. Fucking up here was the WORST though, as you're almost 8 minutes in by this point...

Best of luck though, it's one of those things where you just have to spend a dumb amount of time training yourself to do it right. Unless you're one of those people who has a knack for this kinda thing, goddamn those people...

Beating it is hella cathartic once you spend that much time on it, felt good...

I used this guide, think there are 2 floating around:

Loading Video...

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By beforet

I have become increasingly tempted to just watch the final cutscenes on youtube, but I really don't want to because that will feel reeeeaaallly shitty. I saw that video guide too (posted on gamefaqs with a niconico link. Minor aside: who's bright idea was it to make a youtube esque website where you need to be logged in to see videos?) and I think that might be the better one to go with, I've heard that another video has a mistake in it.

Edit: Also, holy crap, I just looked at the end of that video. Are there any cues for that part, when it's all black? I couldn't hear any.

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are, but they're really quiet, and I couldn't get the timing down without the video.

It's a real dick move, as normally when the screen fades to black and people start talking, you put the controller down...

I was also THIS close to giving up and watching the endings too, but I carried on like an idiot.

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By beforet

Well, I gave up. Watched the last cutscenes on youtube. It might have been the circumstances, but underwhelming does not begin to describe Ending D.

Now, I've seen it mentioned that Ending A was the one that leads off into Drakengard 1, and Ending D averts both Drakengard and Nier. I am willing to accept that if it turns out to be true, but I'm not so sure that's the case. The Intoners, or the Watchers, were just imprisoned in another world, not killed. Sealed away, and it was implied that those seal could very well break at some point. And Ending A has no mentions of seals at all. And none of the endings but B even mention Pacts as a concept. Also, Brother One is still alive in Ending D, and it still entirely capable of forming the Cult of the Watchers. In fact, it would make more sense for that to occur after ending D, because now there's an actual Grotequerie Queen to worship and actual seals to break to summon her.

I'm willing to bet a "Warp of the West" scenario is actually the canon here: elements of each ending are all canon. Brother One forms the Cult, Zero invents the Pact, Zero goes insane, and the Intoners are sealed away in another universe, waiting to be summoned again.

That's just my take on the whole thing. I admit, I also just don't want Drakengard and Nier to no longer be canon.

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beforet: I was rooting for you too! :(

Though I feel a little better knowing I'm not the only one who struggled with it.

I am also in full support of your idea of EVERYTHING being cannon.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.