Why these games?

#1 Posted by flufflogic (321 posts) -

I'm confused. With the mass of fantastic Dreamcast games, why waste a disc on these? 

I mean, I understand not putting, say, Shenmue on there; after all, put both on a single collection for full price, it'll sell. But why not, say, Jet Set Radio? Daytona USA? Metropolis Street Racer? Any of a number of good Sega published DC games? 

It makes no sense to put these 4 there, as frankly I don't know why anyone would want those particular 4.

#2 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8734 posts) -

Where the fuck is my Skies of Arcadia?

#3 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7595 posts) -

They're all games that have been rereleased on the PC and are easy to convert. 
I agree though, an absolute waste of a disc..  It's going to sell poorly and they're never going to make another one. 

Casual fans aren't going to care about "classic games" and people who might have bought something like this have been turned off by them releasing utter crap for a quick buck.  It's a guaranteed flop.  I really have to question what monkey's they have incharge there over at Sega.

#4 Posted by ProfessorEss (7666 posts) -
@WinterSnowblind said:
It's going to sell poorly and they're never going to make another one.
Kinda fitting isn't it?
#5 Posted by Goly (891 posts) -

I would kill for being able to play Jet Set Radio again.

#6 Posted by Vextroid (1451 posts) -

Theye have all been ported one way or another as WinterSnowBlind said. 

If they were going to add other games like ChuChu and Shenmue they would need the time and money to convert these but why would they use up such and time and money which is being used for more crappy Sonic sequels.
#7 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5877 posts) -
@TaliciaDragonsong said:
" Where the fuck is my Skies of Arcadia? "
I would pay full price for a remake
#8 Posted by TheKeyboardDemon (870 posts) -

Jet Set Radio was a fantastic game, I bought a Dreamcast just to play that game. Not sure if I would buy it now though.

#9 Posted by Hailinel (25787 posts) -

I'm curious to know if the version of Crazy Taxi included will be the original version or the later version with the music and ads removed.

#10 Posted by luce (4056 posts) -
@FancySoapsMan said:
" @TaliciaDragonsong said:
I would pay full price for a remake "
I'd buy it at a high price if it was an HD remake
#11 Posted by ArtelinaRose (1900 posts) -
Because releasing a bunch of shit they've already released elsewhere on new hardware is easier than porting other, better games to newer hardware.
#12 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8734 posts) -
@luce said:
" @FancySoapsMan said:
I'd buy it at a high price if it was an HD remake "
So true, its bloody worth it.
#13 Posted by xyzygy (10592 posts) -

My bet is that they're saving some games for another disc.

#14 Posted by President_Barackbar (3505 posts) -
@Hailinel:  Due to licensing, I bet it'll be the stripped version.

I really don't get why SEGA thinks people want to play Sonic Adventure. It was a bad game when it came out and its even worse now.
#15 Posted by Hailinel (25787 posts) -
@President_Barackbar said:
" @Hailinel:  Due to licensing, I bet it'll be the stripped version.  I really don't get why SEGA thinks people want to play Sonic Adventure. It was a bad game when it came out and its even worse now. "
It makes more sense to include in a collection like this than a bass fishing game, honestly.
#16 Posted by Smallerz (128 posts) -

Because this is Sega, and they have no shame.

#17 Posted by flufflogic (321 posts) -

Sonic Adventure's a great game - when it's not the PC port. I mean, I believe the DC original had widescreen support... The sequel was better though, and that's the one that needs the port.

#18 Posted by BradBrains (1311 posts) -
@TaliciaDragonsong said:
" @luce said:
" @FancySoapsMan said:
So true, its bloody worth it. "
isnt there a camecube port? i mean the cube/wiii supports progressive. thats...kinda close
#19 Edited by Skald (4384 posts) -

Man, compilations are usually pretty... 

But this is... 

Blech.

#20 Posted by Landon (4134 posts) -

Every day I am more convinced that Sega is full of the most retarded team of developers in the entire industry.

#21 Edited by Underachiever007 (2471 posts) -
@Darkstalker said:

" @luce said:

" @FancySoapsMan said:
isnt there a camecube port? i mean the cube/wiii supports progressive. thats...kinda close "
Not close enough though. My GC stopped working ages ago, and I don't have a Wii, so a HD remake would be pretty sweet.
#22 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8734 posts) -
@Darkstalker said:
" @luce said:
" @FancySoapsMan said:
isnt there a camecube port? i mean the cube/wiii supports progressive. thats...kinda close "
Yep, got it, love it, still craving for more.
#23 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3858 posts) -
@Landon said:
" Every day I am more convinced that Sega is full of the most retarded team of developers in the entire industry. "
Can't say I disagree with this statement.
#24 Posted by GeedAwesome (32 posts) -

I'm in full belief this will be the one and only Dreamcast collection. There's no other converted to PC Dreamcast games. 'Sides, I wanna play Bass Fishing, I got a DC with a fishing rod controller. Great way to play.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.