Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dreamcast

Platform »

The Dreamcast is the fifth and final console developed by Sega and the first of the sixth-generation of consoles to release. As the first 128-bit system, it was the first to offer truly arcade-quality 3D graphics. It is famous for being the first console to include worldwide online capability, its game library, and its unexpectedly short life span.

ChuChu Rocket won't load

TobyD81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 29

#1  Edited By TobyD81

For some reason I can't get ChuChu Rocket to load on my Dreamcast. The console plays other games fine, and I have tried with two different copies of ChuChu Rocket. When I start up the game it shows the Sega logo and then quits to the Dreamcast dashboard. Neither of those copies were bootlegs; both were legit NTSC NA copies in an NTSC NA Dreamcast. Any suggestions?

bombedyermom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By bombedyermom

Buy a PS2 and move on.

Ammut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Ammut

@TobyD81: Weird, if all other games work its likely just a bad couple of discs.

@bombedyermom: clearly you have not experienced the amazingness that is Chu Chu Rocket.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Sooty

I think you may just be incredibly unlucky. At times Dreamcast games can flat out just dislike your machine, I had this happen with a flawless copy of Shenmue that refused to load, but works on another console fine. I got a replacement copy and it worked perfectly in my machine.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.