Good Dreamcast horror games?

#1 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3216 posts) -

I'm pretty interested in horror games, but I'm having trouble finding any good Dreamcast horror games that aren't super expensive. Anyone have any recommendations?

#2 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -
#3 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3216 posts) -

Thanks! I've heard a lot about Blue Stinger, it's now on my list.

#4 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@SeriouslyNow said:

Brue Stingeh

The fuck is that?

#5 Posted by 71Ranchero (2797 posts) -

@birdflu777 said:

Thanks! I've heard a lot about Blue Stinger, it's now on my list.

Take it back off the list. That game is terrible and that dude should be ashamed for suggesting it.

#6 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3216 posts) -

@Atramentous said:

@birdflu777 said:

Thanks! I've heard a lot about Blue Stinger, it's now on my list.

Take it back off the list. That game is terrible and that dude should be ashamed for suggesting it.

Yeah, but most survival horror games are poorly made.

#7 Posted by 71Ranchero (2797 posts) -

@birdflu777 said:

@Atramentous said:

@birdflu777 said:

Thanks! I've heard a lot about Blue Stinger, it's now on my list.

Take it back off the list. That game is terrible and that dude should be ashamed for suggesting it.

Yeah, but most survival horror games are poorly made.

No you dont understand, it is actually terrible.

#8 Posted by Dagbiker (6978 posts) -

@Atramentous: I cant tell if thats just bad voice acting, a bad voice over, or both.

#9 Posted by august (3861 posts) -

an emotional tour de force:
  

#10 Edited by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

Fucking terrifying.

#11 Posted by grahf14 (40 posts) -

Blue Stinger was hilarious. I remember being blown away by the graphics when it came out but the voice acting was terrible.

There's always Resident Evil: Code Veronica which was originally on the Dreamcast and I remember another survival horror game called Carrier that came out for it that was kind of cool at the time, but probably pretty dated by today's standards.

#12 Posted by WilltheMagicAsian (1547 posts) -

@august said:

an emotional tour de force:

Good ol' BOOLETS

#13 Edited by swfcfan (264 posts) -
#14 Posted by stinky (1551 posts) -

Code Veronica was great, the other resident evil (2?) game not so much.

Typing of the Dead maybe?

#15 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4700 posts) -

Deadly Premonition.

#16 Posted by august (3861 posts) -
@ImmortalSaiyan said:

Deadly Premonition.

This makes way more sense than it should.
#17 Posted by Artigkar (189 posts) -

@Atramentous: oh man. That music... that music and that voice acting! Its so awful its amazing.

#18 Posted by august (3861 posts) -

I just looked up Blue Stinger on wikipedia:
 


At the ending of the game, it says "to be continued" so there will be a possible future sequel. Famitsu reports that preliminary work has begun on a sequel developed for use with the Kinect peripheral for XBox 360. The game is planned to be an arcade-style on-rails shooter. Development is being handled by Vicious Cycle Software in conjunction with Altron.

#19 Posted by MikkaQ (10336 posts) -
#20 Posted by 71Ranchero (2797 posts) -

@august said:

I just looked up Blue Stinger on wikipedia:

At the ending of the game, it says "to be continued" so there will be a possible future sequel. Famitsu reports that preliminary work has begun on a sequel developed for use with the Kinect peripheral for XBox 360. The game is planned to be an arcade-style on-rails shooter. Development is being handled by Vicious Cycle Software in conjunction with Altron.

If this is true then how drunk was the guy that said "Hey, lets do another Blue Stinger and bring it to Kinect!".

#21 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3216 posts) -

I saw a sealed copy of Zombie Revenge at a local store of mine and didn't buy it. BUYING IT NEXT TIME.

#22 Posted by jakob187 (21734 posts) -
Online
#23 Posted by drac96 (673 posts) -

Typing of the Dead

#24 Posted by ThunderSlash (1910 posts) -
#25 Posted by Zurgfrog (155 posts) -

@jakob187 said:

Carrier.

Fuck anyone who says otherwise.

/carrier/61-13518/

When I bought my dreamcast I made especially sure that I got this game with it

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.