Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dreamcast

Platform »

The Dreamcast is the fifth and final console developed by Sega and the first of the sixth-generation of consoles to release. As the first 128-bit system, it was the first to offer truly arcade-quality 3D graphics. It is famous for being the first console to include worldwide online capability, its game library, and its unexpectedly short life span.

Happy 12th Birthday Sega Dreamcast!

nickystixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By nickystixx

The Dreamcast is now 12 years old and I am still playing mine! This thread is for celebrating the Dreamcasts 12th year since beeing released in The US. Share your favorite memories of Segas last great console! 

I got my Dreamcast about Four months after its release. The first games I got were Sonic Adventure and Dead or Alive 2. I can remember seeing the graphics and thinking to myself that this is the future of games. Once SegaNet was launched I was there playing NFL 2K1, Unreal Tournament and Phantasy Star Online!  Crazy Taxi, Jet Grind Radio and Shenmue all left me with great memories of how weird and quirky Sega games were compared to Nintendo and Sony.  Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 and Capcom Vs. SNK were arcade perfect ports that you only seen on Dreamcast at the time.  Even using the Web Browser was awesome! The Dreamcast could have gone on to be an even greater game console that it already was. Mine still works and I am going back to play my old games for this month. Happy Birthday Dreamcast old friend!

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

I might have to hook mine up and play some Space Channel 5. One of these days I will get that VGA cable.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.