Just ordered a "new" Dreamcast, need some game suggestions

#1 Posted by m1k3 (1338 posts) -

so i sold my old dreamcast many years ago, and i am now regretting that decision. I only had my old one for like a year at most so i really dont know what 'good' games came out. 
Now i ordered a 'new' dreamcast from thinkgeek.com and need some game recommendation. i dont have any of my old games so im pretty much open to anything. All i really owned way back then was Grandia II and Virtual ON. I already placed an order for grandia ii and skies of arcadia though. 

(also, im thinking about doing an unboxing of the dreamcast when it arrives, but that if it really is "new." still up in the air)

#2 Posted by JJOR64 (19070 posts) -

Powerstone 2, Soul Calibur, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike, Marvel vs Capcom 2, and maybe the Sonic Adventure games (1 &2).  The Dreamcast had a lot of great fighters.

#3 Edited by Centimani (550 posts) -

Aww... I was gonna recommend Powerstone, but he beat me too it T_T
P.S. Nice K-on pic!

#4 Posted by JackiJinx (3091 posts) -

You're just in luck since I have a list of all the Dreamcast games I would get...if I had a Dreamcast. Hopefully, you'll find something you like off of here.

Reasons I Should've Bought a Dreamcast

I was a Nintendo Power subscriber who barely knew anything about the PlayStation 2, and even less about the Dreamcast. How was I to know that I was missing out on such a great console way back a decade ago? I didn't. Sorry, Sega, for letting you down.

1. Roommania #203
2. Radilgy
3. Shenmue II
4. Floigan Brothers: Episode 1
5. Seaman
6. es
7. Samba de Amigo ver. 2000
8. Skies of Arcadia
9. Shenmue
10. Jet Grind Radio
11. Samba De Amigo
12. The Typing of the Dead
13. Power Stone 2
14. ChuChu Rocket!
15. Mr. Driller
16. EGG: Elemental Gimmick Gear
17. Omikron: The Nomad Soul
18. Time Stalkers
19. Pen Pen Tri-Icelon
20. Power Stone
#5 Posted by Rocket_from_the_Crypt (4 posts) -

Rayman 2 was great on the Dreamcast, as were the DC versions of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 & 2.

#6 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -
#7 Posted by m1k3 (1338 posts) -
@JackiJinx: Nice list, hmm i haven't even heard of a few of those games. but i might try shenmue and jet grind after im done with grandia ii and skies of arcadia
#8 Posted by FesteringNeon (2166 posts) -

Sega Swirl ! , Worms Armageddon,Caution! Seaman, Skies of Arcadia, Rayman 2, obviously Shenmue, and Typing of the Dead.
#9 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -

Thats pretty awesome. I wouldnt mind getting a Dreamcast also. I have played Shenmue 2 so that would probably be what I would get if I were to get one. But I don't know that many Dreamcast titles as the only one I ever played a fair bit of was Crazy Taxi. JackiJinx seem to have a pretty good list of titles though.

#10 Posted by Renahzor (1001 posts) -

Soul Calibur and King of fighters Dream Match 1999 are pretty good fighters for the system!

#11 Posted by oldjack327 (134 posts) -

Chu Chu Rocket, Jet Grind Radio, Shenmue, Soul Caliber, Dead or Alive 2, Rayman 2, and Skies of Arcadia. Also, Bomberman Online is pretty good (although Bomberman Live for Live/PSN is a little better).

#12 Edited by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

@oldjack327 said:

" Chu Chu Rocket, Jet Grind Radio, Shenmue, Soul Caliber, Dead or Alive 2, Rayman 2, and Skies of Arcadia. Also, Bomberman Online is pretty good (although Bomberman Live for Live/PSN is a little better). "

Saturn version pawns all.

I have just woken up, lists are bad, pics are good.  

#13 Posted by OwnlyUzinWonHan (1485 posts) -

Resident Evil 3 if you haven't played it elsewhere.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.