Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dreamcast

Platform »

The Dreamcast is the fifth and final console developed by Sega and the first of the sixth-generation of consoles to release. As the first 128-bit system, it was the first to offer truly arcade-quality 3D graphics. It is famous for being the first console to include worldwide online capability, its game library, and its unexpectedly short life span.

ScrewAttack's Top 10 Dreamcast Games

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By JJOR64
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Jeust

I didn't have a dreamcast, though i played it, but of what i've played the first one should be soul calibur, as they said "it was the perfect fighter". 

Also ready 2 rumble is missing! 

I loved that game...  

But the list is good to :)

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Linkyshinks

Meh, don't agree with both the selections or the placement.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By dagas

At least Skies of Arcadia and Shenmue was on there, but how in the name of all that is holy can they put Sonic Adventure 2 on there? If you have any love for the Sonic games on Mega Drive/Genesis, you by law have to hate SA2.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Black_Rose

Man, that list brings back memories.

Satune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Satune
    @dagas said:
    " At least Skies of Arcadia and Shenmue was on there, but how in the name of all that is holy can they put Sonic Adventure 2 on there? If you have any love for the Sonic games on Mega Drive/Genesis, you by law have to hate SA2. "
    ...I own a Genesis with all the Sonic games, and love them all. I also have a Dreamcast with Sonic Adventures 1 and 2. And in the day, Sonic Adventure had it's issues, but the second one improved on many of those issues, better bosses, 2 separate story lines, and the Chao garden! I spent hour after hour of raising my Chao, and it was as fun as hell. 
    So the second Sonic Adventures was seen as a great improvement over the first one, and even though now, the game hasnt aged well, back in the day, it was bomb-ass!
    TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By TheHBK

Actually, I didnt think of a fighter would be number 1, but damn it was so true, the number of fighters that were arcade or near perfect was amazing.  This was definitely a good console for friends to sit around together with.  In only the two years it was out, 700 games?  Oh man, this was definitely one of the best consoles ever and the games at launch, after launch, it was a revolution.  Too bad no console since has had such a great launch line up and games afterward as good as the dreamcast.
    apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By apathylad

If your going to have the entire fighting game genre as the #1....why include Soul Calibur on a separate rank?

LAMP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By LAMP

#6, 5, 4, 2, and 1 are all wrong. 

-Soul Calibur should be higher.
    -Sonic Adventure 2 is ranked on the basis of stuff possession, despite it being a worse game as far as level design goes.
    -This idea that people liked old Resident Evil gameplay is entirely ridiculous. It's certainly the first I've heard of it. Hell, most of the RE diehards I have talked to begrudgingly admit that the gameplay just wasn't that great.
    -Shenmue is GARBAGE. 
    -A multiplatform game as the best game on a console? Quick, go find another "best console games" list on Screw Attack that has a multiplatform game as it's best. Such incredible bullshit.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#10  Edited By Claude

I don't like fighting games. Where's NFL 2K1? Great game and why I bought the system.

RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By RichardLOlson

The number 1 game "Marvel vs. Street Fighter"  is really awesome.  And its pretty rare from what I'm seeing.  I walked into a gamestop and seen it there for $89.00 dollars and I was just like wow!!!  I asked them "Are you serious"....and there reply was "Yes its a very rare game and its hard to find".

Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Kou_Leifoh
    @MaSuTa said:
    " #6, 5, 4, 2, and 1 are all wrong.  -Soul Calibur should be higher.-Sonic Adventure 2 is ranked on the basis of stuff possession, despite it being a worse game as far as level design goes.-This idea that people liked old Resident Evil gameplay is entirely ridiculous. It's certainly the first I've heard of it. Hell, most of the RE diehards I have talked to begrudgingly admit that the gameplay just wasn't that great.-Shenmue is GARBAGE. -A multiplatform game as the best game on a console? Quick, go find another "best console games" list on Screw Attack that has a multiplatform game as it's best. Such incredible bullshit. "
    This post is all wrong. =)
    Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Kou_Leifoh

May Third Strike live on. . .

Front cover.
    Front cover.
    zkilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By zkilla

samba de amigo should be there.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By JJOR64
    @zkilla said:
    " samba de amigo should be there. "
    Yeah.  I was surprised it wasn't on there.
    Neon941

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 13

#16  Edited By Neon941

Those guys are suckers for Capcom fighting games and even bigger suckers for Marvel vs Capcom 2 and they like to cheat quite a bit when making their lists, it's just kind of their thing. Skies of Arcadia should've been further up the list really, in fact I'd consider giving that the number 1 spot.  

Also what's with all the hating on Sonic Adventure? The first one doesn't hold up too well by modern standards but it was pretty cool back then and there's absolutely nothing wrong with the second one, it's a little buggy but so were the classic Sonic games.
    Avatar image for organicalistic_
    Organicalistic_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Organicalistic_
    @JJOR64: jet grind radio was a great game

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.