Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dreaming

Concept »

Whether it's a section of a game, a mission prelude or just a scary premonition; dreams are a common occurrence within video games.

Do Cyberpunks Dream of Electric Sheep?

1337W422102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Edited By 1337W422102

Another fucked-up dream last night.  I dreamt I was in a cyberpunk New York City, standing on top of the "Madison World Center" (presumably the future version of the Madison Square Garden).  The tower was inclined, like the structures on the sides of the Tyrell Building from Blade Runner and reminded me of Montreal's Olympic Stadium.  There were spotlights on the roof and it was raining heavily.  For some reason, the communication equipment on the roof failed and the transmission beam flickered off.

I realized that I wasn't in my own body.  For some reason, I was in the shell of a female cyborg.  No idea why.  Maybe I dove into her mind, stole the body, hacked her cyberbrain, or something else.  At any rate, it was raining, I was in someone else's body on a rooftop, and the lights went out.  I realized that I wasn't alone and thanks to the cyborg eyes' thermal imaging.  There was no way I could fight off all of my pursuers, so I looked down from the edge of roof, admittedly thinking of jumping.  There was a river somewhere below with large structures on both sides, including a series of domed mushroom-shaped buildings connected by a network of tunnels and bridges.  I thought of uploading my consciousness to the internet and leaving the body behind, and then I woke up.

It was about 5 AM and I couldn't fall asleep again.  I spent the next 5 hours or so essentially staring at the ceiling.  Yup, something's definitely wrong with me.

Pic related, my face.

>mfw cyberpunk dream
    >mfw cyberpunk dream
    1337W422102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By 1337W422102

Another fucked-up dream last night.  I dreamt I was in a cyberpunk New York City, standing on top of the "Madison World Center" (presumably the future version of the Madison Square Garden).  The tower was inclined, like the structures on the sides of the Tyrell Building from Blade Runner and reminded me of Montreal's Olympic Stadium.  There were spotlights on the roof and it was raining heavily.  For some reason, the communication equipment on the roof failed and the transmission beam flickered off.

I realized that I wasn't in my own body.  For some reason, I was in the shell of a female cyborg.  No idea why.  Maybe I dove into her mind, stole the body, hacked her cyberbrain, or something else.  At any rate, it was raining, I was in someone else's body on a rooftop, and the lights went out.  I realized that I wasn't alone and thanks to the cyborg eyes' thermal imaging.  There was no way I could fight off all of my pursuers, so I looked down from the edge of roof, admittedly thinking of jumping.  There was a river somewhere below with large structures on both sides, including a series of domed mushroom-shaped buildings connected by a network of tunnels and bridges.  I thought of uploading my consciousness to the internet and leaving the body behind, and then I woke up.

It was about 5 AM and I couldn't fall asleep again.  I spent the next 5 hours or so essentially staring at the ceiling.  Yup, something's definitely wrong with me.

Pic related, my face.

>mfw cyberpunk dream
    >mfw cyberpunk dream

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.