Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Drew Scanlon

Person » credited in 9 games

A past contract artist from Backbone Entertainment and former Video Producer at Giant Bomb, Drew ran the West Coast production arm of Giant Bomb along with Jason from 2013 to 2017, whilst also appearing regularly on the Giant Bombcast, in Quick Looks, and in other such video content.

Drew Scanlon Plays A MOBA (Heroes of The Storm) For An Hour.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Want to watch Drew play some video games? Of course you do, he played a bit of Heroes of the Storm and streamed it out.

shagral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Great, I love the game. Blizzard heroes make a huge difference for me. This is my first MOBA and 150+ games in - I'm loving it. Happy Drew seemed to like it.

Joe423

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

I like how Drew has one other video on this channel from 7 years ago.

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I keep forgetting I have this game installed. Now I have shaken myself of my DOTA addiction I might give this another go.

Cool stream BTW Drew.

kewlsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Ah, I saw a tweet from Drew about it but don't saw the vid anywhere. Thanks for the link! That Prison Escape video is pretty cool aswell!

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Glad someone is looking at HoTS, it's an amazing game. Pretty much takes the fun part of traditional MOBA's (team fights) and builds a game around that. Also Blizzard has such a deep roster of characters it's fun seeing them all in one game.

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really like HoTS, it's a great breath of fresh air after burning out on League. Me and four of my buddies can just log on, play a game and the only thing we need to worry about is map control. No last hitting, items, worrying about falling behind in CS and gold and then worrying about how the fuck you are going to win your lane. Just merc'in fools and smokin chumps.

Fuck the dubloon map though. For some reason we have never won on that map.

shagral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@splodge: I swear man, some of the maps are jinxed. I have 30% win rate on Cursed Hollow (feels more like 5%) which defies laws of probability (other maps are around 50% which is how it's supposed to be). Seriously, fuck Cursed Hollow.

Doskias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I watched most of this stream and really enjoyed it. I especially liked it when Drew read out my silly bit about Alex, but I think that's a sign that I am a sad creature that needs attention to feel validated.

I downloaded HotS last night and ran through the tutorial this morning. It seems really cool, and way less daunting than other MOBAs (though I've never actually tried one) but it still doesn't seem like the sort of thing I'd sink any real time into.

Anyway, I guess it's time to start workshopping names for a potential Heroes-based Premium feature?

The Daily HotS?
    HerDrews of the Storm?
    HoTs to TroTs?

I am sorry.

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

More Drew content- cool!

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shagral said:

@splodge: I swear man, some of the maps are jinxed. I have 30% win rate on Cursed Hollow (feels more like 5%) which defies laws of probability (other maps are around 50% which is how it's supposed to be). Seriously, fuck Cursed Hollow.

~I have 100% on the map with the seeds and the big tree plant monster thingies, after about 45 games. Dubloon map? 0%. It's some kind of issue with the way my team plays on that map. I think we concentrate too much on trying to control the center, and then back off at the wrong moment to get some exp in lane and they get to cash in their dubloons. We try to correct it every time but it never works!!!

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nooooooo! Drew!!! Don't go into that dark dark place, you're the best of us!

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really like Heroes of the Storm, need to get more time on it. I've toiled with Dota and it's not for me. Heroes is much friendlier to me.

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really like Heroes of the Storm, need to get more time on it. I've toiled with Dota and it's not for me. Heroes is much friendlier to me.

It's the entire point of it. The only gap in the market is all the people who are put off by the complexity and hostility of DOTA / League. HoTS quite cleverly reduces these problems while adding complexity in the maps. It's really quite smart!

Y2Ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 28

Thanks for the heads-up, I completely missed that this was happening/had happened. Hopefully Drew spends some more time with it - I'm sure they'll cover Heroes a fair bit when it comes out but hopefully with a game like that it'll run a bit deeper than just playing the first match or two; there's an inherent complexity in this genre, even with Blizzard's more "friendly" approach, that requires some level of time investment to be able to understand and enjoy to its fullest.

OtterChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doskias: How about HotS "The Bradification of Drew"?

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By BisonHero

It's no Fates Forever.

Drew's studious note taking is still adorable. What a champ.

EDIT: It's funny watching him use Uther to take out a Tychus, which even with level advantage, should rarely happen. Also, typical beginner Valla problems of "Oops, I spammed out all of my mana within like 40 seconds". Still, he seems like he is learning quickly.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bisonhero: or Vainglory

*calls in dubstep ringer to rek dem korean kidz*

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daily HotS?

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sweet. HotS is a pretty fun game and easy to get into. But don't get fooled. It's a Moba so there's still plenty of room to go absolutely crazy with minutia. Hope Drew stay away from that stuff.

Like in Dota, I think it's pretty important to understand positioning and movement early on. It may seem pretty basic but I see a lot of people who get picked of easily, or don't even join a fight, simply because they over-extend or back off too early. It's like a constant boss fight. You want to get your hits in, but you also want to be able to run behind that pillar at any time. But maybe that's just me. Death isn't as punishing in HotS so you could perhaps play a bit more fast and loose.

Hope to see more of this some day.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

I didn't think that it would be this fun watching Drew play.

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just went back and played some of this today. Holy hell this game is fun. Seems much more freeing after playing DOTA. I also like the idea that you get unlocks for heroes as you play them. I don't remember that stuff being there last time I tried it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.