Drew the intern now joins staff: Totally Party

#1 Edited by Lies (3867 posts) -

Did you know he has his own person page on the site? Bet you didn't.

Also: bet you didn't know he's no longer an intern.

You learn a lot from chilling in the Giantbomb IRC channel. Jeff is MonsterDunk

[21:52] <@MonsterDunk> Another fun fact! Drew has a person page on the site.
11[21:52] <Jayge|Bagel> Briefing: Jeff Gerstmann has revealed the existence of a profile on GiantBomb.com for Drew the Video Intern.
[21:52] <Thordain> huh
11[21:52] <Jayge|Bagel> Objective: Find it.
13[21:52] * Thordain searches for Drew the video intern
[21:52] <@MonsterDunk> ANOTHER Another Fun Fact! Drew isn't an intern anymore.
[21:52] <JackiJinx> You mean you haven't found it? o.O
[21:52] <Thordain> wha?
[21:52] <CynageN> Loudspeaker : 1
[21:52] <CynageN> Speaker system is integrated with telephone and radio. Excellent quality speakers produce great sound for a relaxing experience.
[21:52] <JackiJinx> :o
11[21:52] <Jayge|Bagel> he's... a staff member?
[21:52] <Pies> dundundun
[21:52] <CynageN> fuckin thing has a loud speaker in there
[21:52] <Thordain> what happened to him?
[21:52] <Rowr> he sacked?
11[21:52] <Jayge|Bagel> he's the glue that holds the Endurance Run together!
[21:52] <Thordain> did you kill him for food?
[21:53] <Rowr> did luchdeer backstab him?
03[21:53] * Realkilla789 (~chatzilla@daIRC-F2443BA7.dhcp.embarqhsd.net) has joined #Giantbomb
[21:53] <Thordain> he always seemed like the good eating type
[21:53] <CynageN> he's workin with those IGN guys now isn't he
[21:53] <CynageN> I KNEW HE WAS SHIFTY
[21:53] <@MonsterDunk> Yeah, you can't be an intern forever...
[21:53] <JackiJinx> Internship ended? Quit? He jump out of a plane?
[21:53] <@MonsterDunk> So we hired him.

#2 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -

Credit for finding the Drew Scanlon page also goes to Jayge.

#3 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -
[21:52] <@MonsterDunk> Another fun fact! Drew has a person page on the site.
11[21:52] <Jayge|Bagel> Briefing: Jeff Gerstmann has revealed the existence of a profile on GiantBomb.com for Drew the Video Intern.
[21:52] <Thordain> huh
11[21:52] <Jayge|Bagel> Objective: Find it.
13[21:52] * Thordain searches for Drew the video intern
[21:52] <@MonsterDunk> ANOTHER Another Fun Fact! Drew isn't an intern anymore.
[21:52] <JackiJinx> You mean you haven't found it? o.O
[21:52] <Thordain> wha?
[21:52] <CynageN> Loudspeaker : 1
[21:52] <CynageN> Speaker system is integrated with telephone and radio. Excellent quality speakers produce great sound for a relaxing experience.
[21:52] <JackiJinx> :o
11[21:52] <Jayge|Bagel> he's... a staff member?
[21:52] <Pies> dundundun
[21:52] <CynageN> fuckin thing has a loud speaker in there
[21:52] <Thordain> what happened to him?
[21:52] <Rowr> he sacked?
11[21:52] <Jayge|Bagel> he's the glue that holds the Endurance Run together!
[21:52] <Thordain> did you kill him for food?
[21:53] <Rowr> did luchdeer backstab him?
03[21:53] * Realkilla789 (~chatzilla@daIRC-F2443BA7.dhcp.embarqhsd.net) has joined #Giantbomb
[21:53] <Thordain> he always seemed like the good eating type
[21:53] <CynageN> he's workin with those IGN guys now isn't he
[21:53] <CynageN> I KNEW HE WAS SHIFTY
[21:53] <@MonsterDunk> Yeah, you can't be an intern forever...
[21:53] <JackiJinx> Internship ended? Quit? He jump out of a plane?
[21:53] <@MonsterDunk> So we hired him.

HERE
#4 Posted by Thordain (959 posts) -

As always, Jayge saves everything when we commoners screw up.

#5 Posted by JackiJinx (3091 posts) -

Third time is the charm! Or the correct IRC reading.

Either way, welcome to the staff, Drew. Word up!

#6 Posted by Lies (3867 posts) -

Yeah for future reference: that editor totally does not agree with copy-pasted IRC logs.

Thank you Jayge.

#7 Posted by Dalai (7042 posts) -

So Drew the intern is no longer an intern... we need another intern now.

Jayge the intern?  Just saying.

#8 Edited by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -
Dalai said:
"So Drew the intern is no longer an intern... we need another intern now.Jayge the intern?  Just saying."
You speak of evils yet unheard of in this mortal coil, acolyte!

Anyway, congratulations to Drew, make a post in this thread and make it a commemoration!

Also- Drew's person page picture is great.
#9 Posted by Win (541 posts) -

Congratulations Drew, I'm sure you'll make a fine addition to the team.

#10 Posted by heavymtlhead (219 posts) -

Is one of the new requirements for becoming a Giant Bomb staff member drinking a Coke as fast as possible? If so, where do I send my application?

#11 Posted by jakob187 (21691 posts) -

Now Brad has to fight for sexiness points!!!  ZOMG, THE WORLD WILL EXPLODE!!!


...WOW...that sounded totally gay...
#12 Posted by Teptom (2047 posts) -

So he's not going to called Drew the Intern anymore?

#13 Posted by Thordain (959 posts) -
Shini4444 said:
"So he's not going to called Drew the Intern anymore?"
Drew"The Intern" Scanlon is his nickname, so I'll keep with it.
#14 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -
Shini4444 said:
"So he's not going to called Drew the Intern anymore?"
Who knows what his title is now.
#15 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6999 posts) -

Awesome!

Dude, I've got to join this chat room!

#16 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

Wow, that is awesome. Congrats Drew!!

I should hop on the IRC now and then, eh?

#17 Posted by Coltonio7 (3156 posts) -

DUDE! YES!

#18 Posted by Milkman (17030 posts) -

Jeff actually goes in the IRC? Uh...

#19 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -
Milkman said:
"Jeff actually goes in the IRC? Uh..."
Yes, yes he does.
#20 Posted by drewbert (2527 posts) -

Thanks everybody!

Staff
#21 Edited by Drebin_893 (2924 posts) -

Congratulations Drew!!

#22 Posted by MattyFTM (14417 posts) -
Jayge said:
"Milkman said:
"Jeff actually goes in the IRC? Uh..."
Yes, yes he does.
"
I'm not a regular in the IRC, but I delve in occasionally and I've never seen him. How often does he come on?

As for drew, anyone know what he did on those games? Also, congrats duder.
Moderator
#23 Posted by Drebin_893 (2924 posts) -

He's on now

#24 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -
MattyFTM said:
"Jayge said:
"Milkman said:
"Jeff actually goes in the IRC? Uh..."
Yes, yes he does.
"
I'm not a regular in the IRC, but I delve in occasionally and I've never seen him. How often does he come on?As for drew, anyone know what he did on those games? Also, congrats duder. "
He shows up out of the blue every so often and hangs out for a while, then disappears for a few weeks and pops back up again.
#25 Posted by OmegaPirate (5522 posts) -

Congrats Drew Man :D

#26 Posted by Kazona (3085 posts) -

Congrats Drew!

#27 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -
drewbert said:
"Thanks everybody!"
w00t! Go Drew! :D
#28 Edited by jakob187 (21691 posts) -
#29 Edited by Endogene (4741 posts) -

Guess that march 14th will now be known as Drew day.

#30 Posted by LiveOrDie1212 (926 posts) -

so how much are they paying him now? not much i bet.

#31 Posted by Hdfisise (137 posts) -
jakob187 said:
"You really want interesting Drew stuff?

"

Someone should make a wiki page for invade...
#32 Posted by MattyFTM (14417 posts) -
LiveOrDie1212 said:
"so how much are they paying him now? not much i bet. "
I'm sure they're paying him plenty
Hdfisise said:
"jakob187 said:
"You really want interesting Drew stuff?

"
Someone should make a wiki page for invade..."
It's a browser game, which means it doesn't get a wiki page unfortunately.
Moderator
#33 Edited by jakob187 (21691 posts) -

Well, I already updated his Wiki page with my stalker-like powers of internet searching.


God, I need more to do at work one day...

Unfortunately, the first sentence or two may be slightly incorrect, but if anyone has that info, please update it ASAP.  = D  Thank you.
#34 Posted by MattyFTM (14417 posts) -
jakob187 said:
"Unfortunately, the first sentence or two may be slightly incorrect, but if anyone has that info, please update it ASAP.  = D  Thank you."
"Drew Scanlon grew up a poor black child in South Central L.A.  He wanted to break out of the ghetto". Yeah, I suspect that that might be incorrect.
Moderator
#35 Edited by jakob187 (21691 posts) -
MattyFTM said:
"jakob187 said:
"Unfortunately, the first sentence or two may be slightly incorrect, but if anyone has that info, please update it ASAP.  = D  Thank you."
"Drew Scanlon grew up a poor black child in South Central L.A.  He wanted to break out of the ghetto". Yeah, I suspect that that might be incorrect. "
Hey, I can neither confirm nor deny that.  Give me a second to register a website, type that in, and link it as a source of information.  =  P

Besides, you ever looked at Brad's page?
#36 Posted by MattyFTM (14417 posts) -
jakob187 said:
"MattyFTM said:
"jakob187 said:
"Unfortunately, the first sentence or two may be slightly incorrect, but if anyone has that info, please update it ASAP.  = D  Thank you."
"Drew Scanlon grew up a poor black child in South Central L.A.  He wanted to break out of the ghetto". Yeah, I suspect that that might be incorrect. "
Hey, I can neither confirm nor deny that.  Give me a second to register a website, type that in, and link it as a source of information.  =  P

Besides, you ever looked at Brad's page?
"
Brads page seems perfectly cromulent.
Moderator
#37 Posted by jakob187 (21691 posts) -
MattyFTM said:
"jakob187 said:
"MattyFTM said:
"jakob187 said:
"Unfortunately, the first sentence or two may be slightly incorrect, but if anyone has that info, please update it ASAP.  = D  Thank you."
"Drew Scanlon grew up a poor black child in South Central L.A.  He wanted to break out of the ghetto". Yeah, I suspect that that might be incorrect. "
Hey, I can neither confirm nor deny that.  Give me a second to register a website, type that in, and link it as a source of information.  =  P

Besides, you ever looked at Brad's page?"
Brads page seems perfectly cromulent."
Don't you cuss at me like that, Matty!!!  I simply wanted to embiggen Drew's page, alright?!
#38 Posted by dsplayer1010 (2227 posts) -
RHCPfan24 said:
"Wow, that is awesome. Congrats Drew!!I should hop on the IRC now and then, eh?"
I've been thinking the same thing about me
#39 Posted by TripMasterMunky (2403 posts) -

When will he start being a regular on the bombcast?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.