Has anyone ever heard Drew curse?

• 56 results
#1 Posted by Genfuyung (236 posts) -

I was just watching the new Drew/Dan quick look and it occurred to me that I cant remember ever having heard Drew curse. Is that possible?

#2 Posted by Demoskinos (14871 posts) -

@genfuyung: You know....now that I think of it I don't think I have either.

#3 Edited by MooseyMcMan (11126 posts) -

I think so... But I can't think of specific instances. I mean, if you count minor swears like "damn," then yes. But I don't know about the harder core swears...

Quick, someone go watch/listen to everything he has ever done and report back to us!

#4 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

I thought you were talking about some kind of curse associated with Drew. Like you become communist if you sit in on three different simulation Quick Looks with him in a fortnight.

#5 Posted by Sarumarine (2251 posts) -

I think the only time I've heard Drew curse is when he's using a movie/media quote that has one in it. But I can't really think of a specific moment off the top of my head.

#6 Edited by RonGalaxy (3181 posts) -

He only curses when the dark passenger takes control.

Edit

#7 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4536 posts) -

Legend has it if you playback any piece of content with Drew in it in reverse, it's nothing but foul language.

Seriously though, I can't think of a time where he's ever cursed either.

#8 Posted by Gaff (1772 posts) -

I can't think of one right now, but I think I just need to rewatch the Scanlon Screwjob Mario Party Party to be sure.

#9 Edited by GaspoweR (3064 posts) -

He might have said "shit" on a live stream, but yes, it is VERY RARE to hear him curse.

#10 Posted by BisonHero (6565 posts) -

@genfuyung: If I may speculate wildly, I've always assumed Drew for the churchgoing type who isn't like crazy fundamentalist about it or pushy, but took it to heart enough that he's very polite, and doesn't curse or generally make crude jokes, and tries to generally be a positive, conscientious person.

Or maybe he's not particularly religious, but his parents were and the overall attitude kinda carried over?

Or religion has nothing to do with it and he's just super polite and considerate. Still, it lines up with the sort of attitudes I associate with like, my grandpa who was a nice religious dude from a small rural town. Except Drew is from this generation, so he is also more open to people of all walks of life, whereas my grandpa was very mildly racist I later learned (not like "use the n-word" racist, but he was from a small town of white people, and apparently occasionally used some terms that by the 90s were no longer PC and were borderline offensive).

Sorry if I'm way off base, Drew!

#11 Posted by skip124 (24 posts) -

i remember him opening an Alt+F1 for the british GP podcast stream by shouting bollocks but in a joking manner if that counts.

#12 Posted by Jackhole (378 posts) -

@genfuyung: If I may speculate wildly, I've always assumed Drew for the churchgoing type who isn't like crazy fundamentalist about it or pushy, but took it to heart enough that he's very polite, and doesn't curse or generally make crude jokes, and tries to generally be a positive, conscientious person.

Or maybe he's not particularly religious, but his parents were and the overall attitude kinda carried over?

Or religion has nothing to do with it and he's just super polite and considerate. Still, it lines up with the sort of attitudes I associate with like, my grandpa who was a nice religious dude from a small rural town. Except Drew is from this generation, so he is also more open to people of all walks of life, whereas my grandpa was very mildly racist I later learned (not like "use the n-word" racist, but he was from a small town of white people, and apparently occasionally used some terms that by the 90s were no longer PC and were borderline offensive).

...now that you mention it, Drew is always talking about "the Jew problem." I never thought much of it until now.

#13 Posted by Synaptic (311 posts) -

@jackhole said:
@bisonhero said:

...now that you mention it, Drew is always talking about "the Jew problem." I never thought much of it until now.

Ok, that got a chuckle from me. Well played. On topic, Drew is definitely a weird combination of mild mannered honest niceness and humor. Normally people don't combine those two, so it's pretty refreshing. Not that I have anything against being occasionally crude, it's just interesting to see personality types you don't come across very often in real life.

#14 Posted by kaijuuninpo (10 posts) -

I've never heard Drew curse before. I actually asked @rorie during a live stream and he said "It's because of his regal upbringing."

#15 Edited by BisonHero (6565 posts) -
#16 Posted by Corevi (3590 posts) -

I know he swears in one of the Flight Club videos but I don't really want to watch all those again right now.

#17 Posted by ToTheNines (728 posts) -

This just blew my mind, you're right!

#18 Posted by PimblyCharles (1474 posts) -

I thought you were talking about some kind of curse associated with Drew. Like you become communist if you sit in on three different simulation Quick Looks with him in a fortnight.

Was thinking the same thing though the immediate Drew curse that came to mind was that the communist clone of Drew appears after saying North Korea three times in a mirror.

#19 Posted by Sterling (2358 posts) -

I want to say yes. I think he has sworn a few times on the bombcast.

#20 Posted by TheAcidSkull (468 posts) -

No, don't think so.

#21 Posted by FinalDasa (1792 posts) -

Legend says if Drew should ever curse the sound would echo across eternity and break one of the seals upon the door that hides away the end of the world.

Let us hope he never does.

Moderator Online
#22 Edited by Entreri10 (206 posts) -

I also want to say yes but I can't remember any individual time for the life of me. That's good though since it can be pretty tiring when people I know curse every other word.

#23 Posted by Akyho (1656 posts) -

Watch some of the intense shows like Drew playing gang beasts. You will here the odd "MOTHER FUCKER!" "you bastard!" he does swear on occasion. However fuck is not his second word in a sentence much like some people including myself.

#24 Posted by Clonedzero (4200 posts) -

I wanna say he cursed during that 24 hour halo thing

#25 Posted by Mister_V (1306 posts) -

Only time i have noticed him swear is on ALT+F1..

That's what hanging around that potty mouth Danny O'Dwyer will do to you.

#26 Edited by MonkeyKing1969 (2809 posts) -

Scanlin (Scanlon), and others names like it, are ancient Irish surnames. They are derives from the Gaelic pre-10th century personal 'Scanlain' which translates literally as 'The contentious one'.

He might not curse, but his mighty Gaelic fighting spirit should not be under estimated.

"Scanlon Family Reunion" circa 1,000 AD.

#27 Posted by Superfriend (1557 posts) -

Scanlin (Scanlon), and others names like it, are ancient Irish surnames. They are derives from the Gaelic pre-10th century personal 'Scanlain' which translates literally as 'The contentious one'.

He might not curse, but his mighty Gaelic fighting spirit should not be under estimated.

"Scanlon Family Reunion" circa 1,000 AD.

Gosh, that picture.. I think there is some sort of lineage. Bunch of Drews!

#28 Edited by wewantsthering (1569 posts) -

I have thought the same thing! I think it comes with his more calculated, thought out way that he speaks.

#29 Posted by LiquidPrince (15962 posts) -

I don't think I've ever heard him curse.

#30 Posted by TheBlue (378 posts) -

I think I remember him dropping an f-bomb or two during some multiplayer games on various livestreams. Definitely not often and definitely not as much as Matt "Foul Mouth" Rorie gets during games.

#31 Edited by MB (12481 posts) -

Drew seems to be one of those people that tries to take a second to consider what they're about to say before actually saying it, I always appreciated that about him.

Moderator Online
#32 Posted by Pr1mus (3934 posts) -

I wonder what will happen first, him cursing or not sitting straight?

#33 Posted by ripelivejam (4047 posts) -

Drew's like silent bob. When he does talk, he makes it count. :)

#34 Posted by Genfuyung (236 posts) -

Glad to see I'm not the only one that this has occurred to.

#35 Posted by regularassmilk (1432 posts) -

Yeah. When he was talking about that Zombie run, Drew brushed up against that zombie and he said "Hey, if you touch me again, I'm gonna have to remove a flag" and Drew said "Fuck you, this is just a game" and threw the flag on the ground. That was on a Bombcast some time ago.

#36 Posted by SaturdayNightSpecials (2390 posts) -

Yeah. When he was talking about that Zombie run, Drew brushed up against that zombie and he said "Hey, if you touch me again, I'm gonna have to remove a flag" and Drew said "Fuck you, this is just a game" and threw the flag on the ground. That was on a Bombcast some time ago.

That was Patrick.

#37 Posted by BatmanBatman (386 posts) -

Yeah, can't think of anything specific either. I believe he might have said something dingy during that Fifa thing with Danny ?

#38 Posted by OneKillWonder_ (1755 posts) -

I've actually been thinking about this a lot recently. I'm constantly waiting for him to break and curse up a storm. I don't know if my delicate heart could handle it, though.

#39 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1461 posts) -

He did during the Mario Party stream. I remember hearing say something along the lines of, "What the fuck?!". He doesn't curse often though.

#40 Posted by Tearhead (2169 posts) -

I've been thinking about this recently as well. Don't remember a single instance of him swearing. Thought I heard it during the Demo Derby: Pizza Hut video, where it sounded like he said "Fucking weird things" when Dan asked him what he knew about Metal Gear, but it was kind of muffled.

#41 Posted by Dross (307 posts) -

I've never heard him curse, but I do remember when they were looking at Day Z on a livestream, Vinny said that Drew described it as "Arma as fuck." Perhaps he just doesn't want to curse on stream, remain professional.

#42 Edited by Rotnac (773 posts) -

I wanna say he has but not often enough to the point where I can recall exactly when he has.

I also thought this thread was going to be about some sort of "Drew curse".

#43 Posted by Fattony12000 (7454 posts) -

That's his curse.

That he can't curse.

#44 Posted by dudeglove (7900 posts) -

Can't recall anything, but his stealth jokes are incredible.

#45 Posted by Chaser324 (6585 posts) -

@skip124 said:

i remember him opening an Alt+F1 for the british GP podcast stream by shouting bollocks but in a joking manner if that counts.

That doesn't count. "Bollocks" isn't really a thing people say in the US, and it definitely doesn't play as a curse word over here.

Moderator Online
#46 Posted by teaoverlord (209 posts) -

I thought he swore during the Gray Fox fight, but maybe not.

#48 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2478 posts) -
#49 Posted by GaspoweR (3064 posts) -
#50 Posted by Vahleticar (133 posts) -

He's a beautiful young man full of refinement!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.