Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Driveclub

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Oct 07, 2014

Driveclub is a team-based racing game from Evolution Studios for PlayStation 4.

Anyone pick up Drive Club?

bluefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm just looking for peoples thoughts on the handling. Jeff was really down on it in the QL but sites like GT and Destructoid have had generally positive things to say on the playability front.

Basically I'm a big fan of PGR2 / PGR4 and on paper Drive Club seems like it's going for the same spot. Now it's just a question of whether it hits it or just ends up feeling... like grid 2...

also: Can't seem to find the "free" PS+ version on PSN. There are icons that refer to it but none that actually start the purchase. It's weird.

bluefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guess not. :P

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

I would just wait for the ps plus version and see for yourself. That'll better than anyone telling you their thoughts.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

The PS+ version isn't available, so no. Really bummed that isn't a thing yet.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

I was going to pick up the PS+ version and go from there if I enjoyed it or not. Sony isn't even acknowledging it right now, so I guess I'll just skip it.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

Yeah I cannot even find the PS+ edition yet.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I too am waiting for the PS+ edition. Kinda bummed that it wasn't out today, but hey, they have to get the people who can't wait to make a rash decision today and drop 50 bucks. I'm excited to try it out when they eventually put out the PS+ edition though.

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I ended up buying it, and have only played a few races so far but I am really enjoying it. I haven't played a serious, or even semi-serious, racer in a while. Have mainly played the recent NFS games. So I can't comment on how the handling compares to other racing games.

I am finding the handling to be a nice middle ground between sim and arcade. It feels quite forgiving when cornering at higher speeds but you do still need to slow or else you can gonna go flying off the track. Drifting is also just tapping the handbrake but again you can't just tap it and have tons of control over your drift like in NFS, you have to time it properly and have a reasonable speed for the drift you are trying to do. I have only driven the Merc 145 that comes with the initial download but I find camera and controller and everything come together to give a good sense of resistance when trying to take really tight turns and whatnot.

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

I haven't played a driving game in a while, but I got this today and really enjoy it.

randiolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

I will play it when they patch in support for the Logitech GT wheel.

drainbamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By drainbamage

I also wanted to try the PS+ version before deciding whether or not to buy it, soooo waiting on that. Has there been any word on when its supposed to be available? I've got enough to play atm so it's no biggie, but it's a bit confusing since all the other october PS plus games are available already.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By Seikenfreak

Waiting on PS+ version. The QL seemed to confirm my expectations of the game which are that its kinda bleh and forgettable.

Someone mentioned liking PGR which I have been a fan of but the footage of the way the cars handled did not look like that. Driveclub looked very stiff.

Has anyone actually tried using a Logitech G25/G27 to see if it works? Though it sounds like it wouldn't do much good to use with this game anyway.

We'll see. Jalopnik (a car/thing with an engine/whatever website) said they really like it but I think the dude said he really doesn't play video games much or at all. So I guess he wouldn't have anything to compare it to.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Waiting on that PS+ version which I'll probably stick with. I didn't know it had a different release date :)

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

More like a PUTTER...am I right? Ha ha... No? Okay, because like in golf there's a 'drive club' and like another club would be a putter...although, I suppose I could have said sand wedge. But, is sand wedge even funny? Putter is a funnier word.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@afabs515 said:

I too am waiting for the PS+ edition. Kinda bummed that it wasn't out today, but hey, they have to get the people who can't wait to make a rash decision today and drop 50 bucks. I'm excited to try it out when they eventually put out the PS+ edition though.

I don't think the store has updated this week yet, as none of the other PS+ games are up yet. I assume it will go up later today US time (i.e. some time on Wednesday in Europe).

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bollard said:

@afabs515 said:

I don't think the store has updated this week yet, as none of the other PS+ games are up yet. I assume it will go up later today US time (i.e. some time on Wednesday in Europe).

I was able to download the rest of my free games and that wasn't up. Hopefully you're right.

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By slyspider

I bought it, but its my dad who wants to play it so if he has anything to say about it I'll edit it in. He is super pumped about it

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#18  Edited By Bollard

@afabs515 said:

@bollard said:

@afabs515 said:

I was able to download the rest of my free games and that wasn't up. Hopefully you're right.

Oh, the free games are up in America? Thanks SCEE.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@bollard said:

Oh, the free games are up in America? Thanks SCEE.

'Murica

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.