#3 Posted by HellBrendy (994 posts) -

So Tanner is driven, eh? 

#4 Posted by coakroach (2490 posts) -

Iconic characters in Driver?

#5 Posted by buckybit (1455 posts) -

Shepard!  
"License & Registration, please..."
#6 Posted by isles (232 posts) -

I thought this was gonna be other developers slagging this off.

#7 Posted by Loose (419 posts) -
@coakroach said:
Iconic characters in Driver?
#8 Posted by kollay (1929 posts) -

Disappointing headline.

#9 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6398 posts) -

Look how cool they look with their douchebag sunglasses!

#10 Posted by Osiris (512 posts) -
Looks indeed quite interesting!
#11 Posted by ucankurbaga (173 posts) -

is this gta like game or just driving?

#12 Posted by chem (162 posts) -
@HellBrendy said:
So Tanner is driven, eh? 
I noticed that too. Does this mean that Driver is back on track?
#13 Posted by tremayne (34 posts) -

"Historic" & "Iconic" characters...

#14 Posted by DrEmettBrown (49 posts) -

As long as the driving isn't broken and the movie editor mode is intact with new features, then I am sold.

#15 Posted by I_smell (3924 posts) -

Weird that they made a dev diary about the main character when the main character is a boring action-dude.

@chem said:

@HellBrendy said:
So Tanner is driven, eh?
I noticed that too. Does this mean that Driver is back on track?

I can't wait for this game to drive off shelves this fall

#16 Posted by BasketSnake (1209 posts) -

GENERIC ACTION DRIVER!!! AAAAAHHH

#17 Posted by Daftasabat (510 posts) -

Lethal Weapon - The Game

#18 Posted by CletusTheFoetus (148 posts) -

I just remember driving

#19 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

YO, YOU LIEK THE SHIT OUTTA DRIVIN'? WELL LOOK HERE MUTHABRUTHA, DRIVER: SANFRAN IS HERE FOR YOU, BABY! GET'CHO DRIVE AWN!

#20 Posted by afrofools (1348 posts) -

Can't be any worse than the car game I bought in February.

#21 Posted by LKPOWER (156 posts) -
@DrEmettBrown: I feel the exact same way. The editor was the best thing about driver 3 and that would have been OK if the controls weren't unbearable. Its a shame they couldn't Get Micheal Madsen, Ving Rames or Micky Rourke for this one though....
#22 Posted by vhold (407 posts) -

"The first game to feature open city driving" ??

Lies.

That would be Vette!, and it took place in San Francisco, was 3D and was released in 1989 : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vette!

#23 Posted by Zeninnnnnnnn (176 posts) -

"The devs share an inside look at their game in this developer drivery."

"game in this developer drivery."

"developer drivery."

developer goddamn drivery.

this isn't funny @GlenTennis. THIS ISN'T FUNNY AT ALL.

#24 Posted by Little_Socrates (5677 posts) -

Thumbnail confused me for a second. Thought that it was Francis York Morgan until I actually looked.

#25 Posted by Clubvodka (417 posts) -

Maybe one day I could be Tanner's generic black guy sidekick. 

In all seriousness, I know its getting slagged off here but Driver 1 + 2 were great, Driver was 3D before GTA was so calling it a GTA clone doesn't hold much sway. Driver 3 was like being raped by a loved one and I didn't play Parallel Lines. I really hope this one is okay to say the least. 

Again, it was like being raped by a loved one. I loved Driver so much until 3.

#26 Posted by abdo (1037 posts) -
@Napalm said:
YO, YOU LIEK THE SHIT OUTTA DRIVIN'? WELL LOOK HERE MUTHABRUTHA, DRIVER: SANFRAN IS HERE FOR YOU, BABY! GET'CHO DRIVE AWN!
I sure do, and I sure will. 
This game is looking better and better the more I see it. 

@Godlyawesomeguy: Don't let the shades fool you, these guys aren't douchebags, Martin Edmondson is a great guy. The Driver games come from his childhood interest in car chase films like Bullit and The Driver, so you know these games are made with passion and personal investment and not just "this idea will make us a lot of money". 
#27 Posted by DrEmettBrown (49 posts) -

@LKPOWER said:

@DrEmettBrown: I feel the exact same way. The editor was the best thing about driver 3 and that would have been OK if the controls weren't unbearable. Its a shame they couldn't Get Micheal Madsen, Ving Rames or Micky Rourke for this one though....

I would say the actors unnecassary. Names like those are just too expensive. I'd rather have it be spent on fixing the problems they had last game. This game series has really fallen off since driver 2. Which I actually play every now and then. They just need to get the gameplay right.

Anyone remember the short they made for Driver 3? Or should i write DRIV3R?

#28 Posted by LouChou (458 posts) -

Oh, Tanner is a hard-bitten cop, blurring the lines between legal and illegal to get the job done? Well, why didn't you say so sooner! I've been waiting for a game that brought such a unique angle on life as a detective. I mean, all they're ever about is straight-laced cops who operate purely inside the boundaries of decency and jurisdiction - it's so refreshing to see a whole new take on that!

#29 Posted by sandwich_adjustment (685 posts) -

iconic? umm - its surprising that this franchise didnt get shutdown yet. its as if they rushed out crappy games years ago so NOW, in 2011 they can use it as marketing . "first game to offer open city driving"

what about gta 1 :>

#30 Posted by MeatSim (10861 posts) -

They forgot to tell you the most important part. Tanner is in a coma!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.