Driver: San Francisco Arriving Just Before the Summer Finish Line

Posted by patrickklepek (3398 posts) -

There were rumors Ubisoft had picked a new release date for Driver: San Francisco, and while the company has kept the news a little under the radar, we do have the new date: August 30.

Driver: San Francisco has been delayed several times, right alongside Ghost Recon: Future Soldier. Whether the August 30 date will end up sticking, who knows? Driver: San Francisco was supposed to arrive sometime last fall, so the late summer timetable represents nearly a year of additional development.    

Staff
#1 Posted by patrickklepek (3398 posts) -

There were rumors Ubisoft had picked a new release date for Driver: San Francisco, and while the company has kept the news a little under the radar, we do have the new date: August 30.

Driver: San Francisco has been delayed several times, right alongside Ghost Recon: Future Soldier. Whether the August 30 date will end up sticking, who knows? Driver: San Francisco was supposed to arrive sometime last fall, so the late summer timetable represents nearly a year of additional development.    

Staff
#2 Posted by TheNightWatch (35 posts) -

Has this series ever been good?

#3 Posted by Jumbs (233 posts) -
@TheNightWatch: I remember having fun with it on the PSX, but I don't think it's really progressed from there!
#4 Posted by Saga (178 posts) -

I pass

#5 Posted by aurahack (2264 posts) -

TANNER IS IN A COMA.

Still kind of excited to see what it'll be like but... man. Man, that plot mechanic. The fuck...

#6 Posted by Kyle (2323 posts) -

I thought this game had been cancelled. Who the hell still plays the Driver games?

#7 Posted by kalmis (1558 posts) -
@TheNightWatch said:
" Has this series ever been good? "
Yes the two first Driver games were really good. Third one godawful. The fourth PSP/WII/? game was decent.
#8 Posted by brocool (701 posts) -

I remember not ever playing this when GTA came out, they didnt do open world well. Where the hell is my rainbow six

#9 Posted by SomeJerk (3130 posts) -

Will the PR packages sent to reviewers include moneyhats again? I gotta get back into the business

#10 Posted by Aaron_G (1610 posts) -

Wow, Driver. I forgot this series existed. 

#11 Posted by Daniel (1523 posts) -

I loved the original Driver game. This one looks okay. I'll be getting it, but pretty much only because I work in San Francisco and I want to do crazy shit in the game outside the Whiskey offices. 

#12 Posted by Soap (3561 posts) -

I had forgotten this game even existed. 

#13 Posted by MeatSim (10741 posts) -

I haven't heard anything about this game or Future Solider in forever.

#14 Posted by Solh0und (1753 posts) -

Wasn't a big fan of Driv3r and I thought the one after that was ok so I'll sit this one out.

#15 Posted by pickassoreborn (520 posts) -

This is my favourite review of Driver 3 from those fine Consolevania folks -

Driver 1 and 2 was great fun though. Great, great fun. All about the driving, no coma nonsense.
#16 Posted by bkbroiler (1604 posts) -

I had a ton of fun with the replay editor in Driver 1. Just get as crazy of a car chase as you could, and then spend a while cutting it into something cool. The options for it were surprisingly deep.

#17 Posted by buft (3300 posts) -

Im looking forward to the 3ds incarnation, the console version wont be a priority for me.

#18 Posted by abdo (1037 posts) -

Awesome. New trailer looks fantastic.

@TheNightWatch: The first game was great, the second was OK, and it went downhill from there.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.