Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Driver: San Francisco

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Sep 06, 2011

Tanner returns in this new Driver sequel. Set in San Francisco, the game actually takes place inside his coma stricken brain. This allows him to bend the rules of the road... and reality!

Is it only me or does the game look kind of bad on PC?

mak_wikus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By mak_wikus

For me it looks... bland. Sure, nice textures, car models, etc. But the lighting is like it doesn't exist. No bloom, no HDR, no post-processing or whatever. I've seen people talking about film grain and vignetting. I don't have that.

My settings are maxed out(all two of them, thanks for the real PC experience, Ubisoft).

My specs: i3 540 3,06ghz, 4gb of ram, AMD Radeon 5770.

thalamus42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By thalamus42

Try reducing one of the two options. For me at least, the lighting does look much better with AA switched off. Playing in 1920x1080, the jaggies are practically not an issue.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Rhaknar

its not like the game is a looker on any system anyway (not bashing the game, actually quite interested in it)

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SlasherMan

I can't really offer any useful tips regarding this particular title, but why would you even bother with Ubisoft games on PC anymore? It's unfortunate, but they clearly don't care enough to give you a product worthy of purchase. Ubisoft are on my ignore list, personally. Even their currently "best" franchise (Assassin's Creed) is overrated, IMHO.

To each their own, I suppose.

thalamus42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By thalamus42
    @Rhaknar: I actually find it quite impressive, technically. It has a astonishing draw distance, cramps a expansive rendition of SF with many landmarks and distinctive traits of the districts into the memory, allowing you to zoom into birds eye view and shift to the other side of the bay area in a wink, with no loading whatsoever. The streets are much more busy than in comparable open world games, the vehicles look good and all come with really detailed cockpit views, which I found especially notable.
    Screenshots may do not really do the games technical achievement justice, but seeing it in motion and watching it all neatly fit together, I really do think this is a beatiful game to look at.
    Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Rowr

@SlasherMan said:

I can't really offer any useful tips regarding this particular title, but why would you even bother with Ubisoft games on PC anymore? It's unfortunate, but they clearly don't care enough to give you a product worthy of purchase. Ubisoft are on my ignore list, personally. Even their currently "best" franchise (Assassin's Creed) is overrated, IMHO.

To each their own, I suppose.

Brotherhood looks pretty awesome at Max in 1920 by 1080.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.