june 16 steam DOTD... should I?

#1 Posted by RawknRo11a (508 posts) -

well, this is the Steam Deal of the Day.

Normal price:$29.99

75% off: $7.49

so should I pick this up? I do enjoy racing games but I'd miss out on the 360 achievements but then I'd be paying the full price...

#2 Posted by TooWalrus (12977 posts) -

What? Yes. Yes!

#3 Posted by JacDG (2112 posts) -

I just finished the game a couple of weeks ago, and it is really fantastic, the story is totally worth seeing and the game itself is fun enough on it's own right, DO IT!

#4 Edited by AlisterCat (5398 posts) -

Not in the UK it seems. Damn.

Edit: Wait, yes it is. For some reason it was still showing Worms.

#5 Posted by RawknRo11a (508 posts) -

well, i think you guys just talked me into it...

#6 Posted by iAmJohn (6091 posts) -

Yeah, it's fantastic.

#7 Posted by Sean2206 (261 posts) -

Go for it game is awesome if a bit short.

#8 Posted by MikkaQ (10225 posts) -

God yeah. I love that game, and I wish I could afford that deal right now.

#9 Posted by Cloudenvy (5890 posts) -

I have a bad feeling that it'll be cheaper, or at the very least as cheap when the summer sale rolls around. Argh, decisions!

#10 Posted by clstirens (846 posts) -

@Cloudenvy said:

I have a bad feeling that it'll be cheaper, or at the very least as cheap when the summer sale rolls around. Argh, decisions!

at $7.50, how could you go wrong? Any money you spend less at this point is just less money towards the Dev

#11 Posted by Cloudenvy (5890 posts) -

@clstirens said:

@Cloudenvy said:

at $7.50, how could you go wrong? Any money you spend less at this point is just less money towards the Dev

That'd be fine and all if I wasn't a little tight on cash right now. All the money that can be saved will be saved!

#12 Posted by fisk0 (3292 posts) -

Oh. I already own a copy on PS3 (which I haven't played yet). I'm always up for buying multiple copies of games that try something interesting though.

#13 Posted by AlexW00d (6061 posts) -

U-Play.

#14 Posted by clstirens (846 posts) -

@Cloudenvy: Very, very true!

#15 Posted by clstirens (846 posts) -

Ironically, I just checked my paypal and two of my Diablo 3 items just payed for Driver: San Francisco

#16 Posted by Hizang (8534 posts) -

No spoilers, but man that ending!

#17 Posted by SlasherMan (1725 posts) -

@AlexW00d said:

U-Play.

I have to admit, UPlay was hardly annoying when I played Brotherhood. Granted, I did buy that game retail, so I have no idea how much more of an annoyance it would have been with Steam added on top of it. As far as this game's DRM is concerned, if what's on the store page is to be believed, then it seems it only needs online connectivity upon initial activation, which is fine by me.

@Cloudenvy said:

I'm kind of in the same boat, even though it's just a $2.5 difference. It's not even that, it's just the fact that I probably wouldn't even have touched it by the time it does go on sale for $5, thus making it pointless to buy now at all... Ugh. What to do, what to do?

#18 Edited by zaglis (908 posts) -

GET THIS PIECE OF ELECTRONIC ENTERTAINMENT. 

The story and the dialog is fucking magical. And driving is really fun too..if you are into that

#19 Posted by RawknRo11a (508 posts) -

@zaglis: I have gotten this piece of electronic entertainment!

and your right, it is magical. totally worth $7.50!

I LOVE STEAM!

#20 Posted by mandude (2667 posts) -

Fuck you guys. Steam takes enough of my money as it is.

#21 Posted by Phatmac (5686 posts) -

Just beat it recently and I highly recommend it! I don't know about Uplay though, I couldn't play From Dust on PC for some reason so watch out for that! I say go for it!

#22 Posted by Ghostin (369 posts) -

Check to see if it has Ubi's horrible DRM on it, if it does stay away... if not, that is a good deal... i doubt it will drop lower in the summer sales in a week or two.

#23 Posted by elwillow (69 posts) -

@mandude said:

Fuck you guys. Steam takes enough of my money as it is.

Enough? I think it's too much for most of us, broke or not.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.