Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Driver: San Francisco

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Sep 06, 2011

Tanner returns in this new Driver sequel. Set in San Francisco, the game actually takes place inside his coma stricken brain. This allows him to bend the rules of the road... and reality!

This game is going in a crazy direction.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Barrock

Reading the new OXM, this game is going to be insane. I guess Tanner runs into Jericho and has a head injury that gives him supernatural abilities. He can take over people's bodies which sounds crazy. Examples given were you're attempting to prove to your partner that you're not insane so you take over a kid who is taking his drivers ed test, which is where you learn all the car techniques. He doesn't believe you so you take over a guy test driving a new Mustang. They also mentioned that there's going to be famous driving movie scenes that you can recreate such as the truck scene from Terminator. Shit looks crazy.

ViciousReiven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By ViciousReiven

Well no, he's in a coma, it's dream physics not psychic powers.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Barrock

@ViciousReiven said:

Well no, he's in a coma, it's dream physics not psychic powers.

How does he communicate with his partner? I guess that's slightly less weird. Still sounds pretty damn good.

ViciousReiven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By ViciousReiven
    @Barrock: I'd assume his partner is just in his dream, an extension of himself? 
    I dunno, but they've talked about this coma stuff before, it DOES look cool though, I've been needing a new racing game aswell.
    abdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#5  Edited By abdo
    @ViciousReiven said:
    @Barrock: I'd assume his partner is just in his dream, an extension of himself?
    I'd say that's the case, but of course we won't really know until it's out. The guys on the Idle Thumbs podcast had a hilarious conversation about this on the July 15th 2010 episode "Rolling With The Pope" at roughly after the 45 minute mark. I'd love to edit that part out and put up somewhere like YouTube, I still go back and listen to it sometimes. 

I really hope this game succeeds, personally it seems like it's not getting enough attention so far.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.