Japanese DSiWare July Update Trailer

#1 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

A video detailing what's now available this month on DSiWare in Japan:

#2 Edited by Rallier (1739 posts) -

In order of appearance:

Travel guide: Okinawa
Travel Guide: Hokaido

These are actually the second and the third travel guides Nintendo released for the DSi the first one being about Tokyo that was released when DSiware launched in Japan. They look like pretty handy applications/maps to have around when visiting those location and when you are fluent in Japanese.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Electroplankton: Tracy
Electroplankton:  Hanenbow
Electroplankton: Nanocarp
Electroplankton: Beatness
Electroplankton: Rec-Rec
Electroplankton: Lumiloop (Hikarinowa)

Next up are the cut up version of Electroplankton, a early DS rhythm game well more an app that when it was released already did not make much sense as for a cartridge but it was pretty neat overall. The catridge version had 11 different mini-"games" and would be cheaper to buy then these inidvidula parts but the game is rather hard to find these days. If you were to buy one of these i would recommand Rec-Rec.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Card Speed Hero Custon

This is somewhat of a followup to Kousoku Card Battle: Card Hero a Japan only DS game by Intelligent System Co and published by Nintendo in December 07. I have not played it myself but it looks a bit of an alternative to pokemon. This DSi version has online multiplayer if I am not mistaking. It would be rahter nice to see it come out outside of Japan but due to the fact that the first game was never released outside of Japan i doubt that that will happen.

Puzzle Iroiro Gekkan Crossword House Vol.2
Puzzle Iroiro Gekkan Crossword House Vol.3

Not much to say about these games except for the fact that these are actually by Nintendo. I'm pretty sure that there already was a crossword game on DSi ware, I know for sure that there is one on the DS by some newspaper but this looks quite a bit nicer presentation wise. I suppose that the volumes are just packs with new puzzles. It would not surprise me to see localised  English version in at least the US and the UK, the rest of Europe perhaps not.

A Little Bit of... Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training Sudoku

No idea why they showed this for half a second during the crossword puzzle games but this is part of what we know of as Brain Age so if you played that you know what to expect out of this game. The game has about 100 puzzles and cost 500 points much like Hudson's Sudoku Master which will release soon i suppose since Sudoku Student (50 puzzles)(yay duplicate games pages...)  just came out this week in the US, this game simply looks like it has a better interface though. 

Game and Watch: Ball
Game and Watch: Vermin
Game and Watch: Judge
Game and Watch: Flagman
Game and Watch: Helmet
Game and Watch: Chef

These are 200 Points each which i think is a fair price for what you are getting and if you really are in to one of these it is more then worth the price to be able to have it in your pocket and being able to play whenever you want.
There are some more that are planned to come out soon, check out the Game and Watch franchise page for that.

No idea what this one is called

Magical Drop Yurutto

This series has been around for a while and first appeared in arcades in 95. Not sure if it has online multiplayer.

Not sure about the name of this one

Here again not sure how this one is called

Othello

By the fine makers of Guilty Gear and more recently Blazblue, Arc Sytem works. It's Othello, unfortunatly no online.

#3 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

I do intend to take a good look  those Game & Watch games as they appear.

Face Training was announced today for DSiWare: 

#4 Posted by JeffGoldblum (3702 posts) -

The video has been removed.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.